baby names

Options

Replies

• thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I have been talking about the whole family thing so of course names came up. We have a couple of ways of going...but we tend to lean towards the "someday they will hate us for their name and maybe forgive us when they're older" names :D

Here are the possibilities we came up with:
    Girl: Sara; Edna Ruth; Boudicca Elizabeth
    Boy: Simon Gregory; Nebuchadnezzer Alexander (totally my hubby's idea of first name);

We also like the name Ashbrook (my hubby's middle name) for either sex.

some are certainly unique. i like ashbrook. has a somewhat storybook feel to it.
  • thesmellofapples
    Options
    I like the idea of naming a potential daughter after me. My name's Bronwen. I was named for a heroine in a sci-fi romance novel my mom read. Only it was spelled Bronwyn in the book. My mom had a dream while she was pregnant with me that she was pregnant with me and named her daughter Bronwen. So there ya go.

I love your name. It's so unique.

Aw, thanks! The rest of my family is Ann, Dave, Isaac and Caitlin. I'm the weirdo ;)

being normal is vastly overrated.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of naming a potential daughter after me. My name's Bronwen. I was named for a heroine in a sci-fi romance novel my mom read. Only it was spelled Bronwyn in the book. My mom had a dream while she was pregnant with me that she was pregnant with me and named her daughter Bronwen. So there ya go.

Aw, thanks! The rest of my family is Ann, Dave, Isaac and Caitlin. I'm the weirdo ;)

I very much agree. They're only normal in name, tho. I love my weirdo family. :)
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

My friend's middle name is Amorette. I think it's adorable!
    [/quote]

Aww, cute!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I will hopefully be pregnant in the near future and so far these are my choices:

Girl: Zooey
    Boy: Jude
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I will hopefully be pregnant in the near future and so far these are my choices:

I <3 Zooey spelled that way because Zooey Deschanel is my hero :)
  • thesmellofapples
    Options

I very much agree. They're only normal in name, tho. I love my weirdo family. :)

I'm definitely the outcast of my family. The majority of my family are the cookie cutter sports and cheerleader in high school types. barf.
  • thesmellofapples
    Options

I <3 Zooey spelled that way because Zooey Deschanel is my hero :)

I would go gay for Zooey Deschanel <333
  • soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    girl : zaria ( pronounced like daria but with a z, Zar- ree- ya) , alana, or anna
    boy: santino, edwardo
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My kids are Anna - named after a Beatles song. Jasper - after painter Jasper Johns and Stella after Stella beer. haha

I was considering having a daughter named Auden after the poet but everyone I tell that to says it's an ugly name :\

I like it. :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I have known more than one Bronwyn in my life.

The origin of your name is cooler than mine. I was named after a soap opera character who died near when I was born. I was named after her to "keep her spirit alive."
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    What ever happened to Mike, John, Sue, Mary, Shirley, Steve, ....?

Hah you just named my dad and step mother's name....and they are OLD!

Hah, and they are why you are here in this world. Give thanks.
  • Lake72
    Lake72 Posts: 6
    Options
    Atticus......a name out of one of my favorite movies, never thought of naming a son that, but if i ever have one i think i know his name now.:glasses:
  • thesmellofapples
    Options
    Atticus......a name out of one of my favorite movies, never thought of naming a son that, but if i ever have one i think i know his name now.:glasses:

damn right. let's make a generation of atticus'. they'll all be the coolest kids ever.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My son's name is Casen. If we have another boy I like the names Colton and Weston. (I live in Texas, what can I say... haha)

For a girl, I like Brooklyn but my hubby doesn't so I'm sure it will be one big argument if that time ever comes! I used to love Ava and Emma but they are just way too popular now so I wouldn't use either one even though they are beautiful names.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Eleanor is beautiful!! If I have a little girl, I will name her Elena. Very close to yours :bigsmile:
    that is my 5 yo's name, I love it, & it really suits her.

I have 3 girls, Audrey, Elena, & Mary. I also love Avalon, Athena, & Eleanor (she would go by Ellie or Nora), & Josephine. For a boy, we liked Eric, and I can't even remember the others, as boys just never came around. Lol honestly, if we had had a boy, we'd have probably named him Brett, and it would have been a disaster for DH when Brett Favre defected. Lol

One funny thing, those of you who want to have a more unusual name, traditional may be a better idea than what seems 'uncommon' to you. Lol I can say for sure that my supposedly uncommon name, Elena, is by far more present in their generation than my supposedly common traditional names. We have run across 2 other Elenas & 1 Alaina, but never a single other Mary (her age, anyway!), and only 1 other Audrey. Their schools are full of names that seemed uncommon at the time.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    My kids are Anna - named after a Beatles song. Jasper - after painter Jasper Johns and Stella after Stella beer. haha

I was considering having a daughter named Auden after the poet but everyone I tell that to says it's an ugly name :\

Auden is a beautiful name, but it is a last name.
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ariana and Eleanor were choices for my daughter, but we decided on Arya (like ariana, prnounced Are-E-Uh

I love Arya. Its in a series of books i love and i wouldnt mind naming a daughter that one day.

I use to have 3 names i was set on, then they started becoming popular and i really dont want my kid to be the 10th kid in their class with their name. Doesnt have to be weird, just not the same as everyone else.

Now i have a list of a couple of hundred ideas ( most ppl dont agree with the names i have though, particularily my bf).

But being a writer having a list of names is handy when your creating characters.

For girls i like names that end in vowels, but mostly a - eg - Aurora, Arya, Andria, Loretta, Sieana etc

For boys i like things with what i consider to be a bit of an edge eg - Octavia, Jackson, Zachary, Jace, Brandon, Mychah etc

i never use to like names with odd spellings but now i kinda do, but id like it tobe different, yet still obvious what the name is.
  • RyLaneB
    RyLaneB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    We have a boy named Riley Robert, and a girl named Delanie Micah... It took us MONTHS to agree on a boys name for Ry and we never did agree on one for Delanie, so thank goodness she was a girl! If there is a baby #3 I just pray it is a girl so he does not have to go nameless... My pick for #3 Charlotte and call her Charlie :). My hubby has not committed to either the name or the #3 though, so we shall see!
  • thesmellofapples
    Options

Auden is a beautiful name, but it is a last name.

Well the poet's last name is Auden but I thought it would be cute for a girl. slightly different. my grandma says it would be best for a boy but i can't imagine a buy named auden.