What do you think about when exercising....

Options

Replies

• LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I picture me...What is wrong with me, are people watching me. OMG I wonder how much jiggling is going on around my mid zone. I kind of beat myself up when it comes to working out. I hate the fact that I am so hard on myself but I am and it is one of my downfalls when it comes to working out.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I solve the problems of the world in my head - or think about what I have to do today.
  • perlapillar
    Options
    Usually i just day dream and use my music as a kind of musical score to whatever I'm day dreaming about. I hate to look down at the machine and see that's it's only been a few minutes since i started so i try to escape into imagination land. But if there's a mirror in front of me then i usually look at myself and make sure that my posture is correct and focus on my breathing (especially when I'm doing strength training with weights)
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I watch the clock and go "two more minutes then we will take a two minute cool down..." or "Keep it above 85" I mostly ride the exercise bike and lately I've been challenging myself to improve my time. I've gone from a 5 minute mile to a 4 minute mile just by talking to myself about it. It's all in my head of course.
    I also sometimes think about my day and/or what I'm gonna eat and/or any upcoming holidays/events :-)
  • Jhunte05
    Jhunte05 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    depends on what type of excersise. If it is the ones that I dont generally care for such as high speed aerobics, I am thinking,, omg when is it over... has it been enough time yet, lol. I would like to change this thinking and its something I am currently working on. However, if its something I enjoy such as aquatics or family excersies such as walk, jog or bike riding together, I love it. they keep me entertained and we enjoy each other during this time. Wish we all had time to do it more often together but we all got different busy scedules.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    no music for me. i think about whatever. just blank my mind, and think about my day, whats ahead of me, and whats behind.
  • Jhunte05
    Jhunte05 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im the same way girl, I keep thinking its going to get better. Hopefully I'm right.
  • queen263
    queen263 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When it's going to be over!! LOL!! I know that I have to do it to get the results that I want, but I don't have to like it!!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It's really sad, but I think about the potential boyfriend/significant other I might get once I'm at a healthy weight. That's not why I'm losing weight, but I do hope it is a nice bonus to the whole weightloss thing. So I daydream about he and I.

Like I said, It's sad and pathetic.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    well if i was with someone i didn't want to be with, i'd be fantasizing about who i'd rather be with. so.... when i'm exercising i'm thinking about what i'd rather be doing.

kind of the same concept, right?
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to think?:indifferent:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I put on my earphones and get in my zone. Nothing else matters when I'm lifting.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I think about the set I am about to do, concentrate on form, stimulating the correct muscles..oh and smashing the face of the punks who dont put the weights away, use the squat rack for pullups, or just sit around talking...violent face smashing..
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This is really terrible, but if I'm honest, I'm thinking about how much I hate exercise or I'm so f*ing fat!

^^ This! Sometimes I think of how nice it is to be moving... but usually, not.
  • ScotsLenny
    ScotsLenny Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I use machines that look out across a bay,,leading to the Atlantic, I wanna get to other side
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird but I get a better burn outside listening to nature or collecting my own thoughts. When I cycle I never listen to music. inside the gym i listen to music during spinning sometimes lifting weights.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I watch tv.:happy: . takes my mind off how much longer I have to go
  • Leyla135
    Options
    I think about how easier it will be to do things without all this weight. :happy:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    If at the gym...I think about WHY spandex was made to stretch THAT much.
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I tend to wonder how many workout did he/she had to do to look that fit, because I don't seem to get any better with this 2 mins I've done so far and it feels like ages that I started and it's only the beginning! sigh!