What do you think about when exercising....

Options

Replies

• marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The way my mind wanders, it might b a shorter list to name what I don't think about.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I do arithmetic problems in my head, usually around calories / min vs time left on the treadmill, or average time of songs that I'm listening to and using that as a countdown till done.
  • soniamissyou
    Options
    When I exercise I think about how fast I can exercise and when will i done!! I love it and hated sometime!!! I hope you guys understand me!! Love hate relationship!! Hugs
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Zombies.
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Zombies.

thats why im losing weight... Rule #1 scares me :)
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    anything and everything.... the kids, the work, the money, family, health, music, what's on the tv screens, counting down the minutes. the gym time is my time to sort my head out and actually get a moment of peace to think about everything and anything that i may need to ponder.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Honestly? "Is it time to stop yet?"
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I try to get lost in the music, go into a different place. I have the luxury of a gym at work so I set everything up for my workout, each station ready to go. Find the right start song and then go...
    counting reps,mark each interval off on the dry erase board, write down the distance of each run, oblivious to everything but my goal..
    push out one more rep here and there, this weights easy today or if it feels heavy...push yourself...thats it...do this! Get it done! dont look at the clock, catch your breath, keep pushing...run faster, push it, sprint...almost done...! pullups, knock em out...pushups....wide this time or elevate your feet..do em on the medicine ball...dont you quit! never quit! abs...god this hurts...keep going .... almost done..one last run...its easy...so easy....breathe......almost there......last minute, crank it up....!

Thats what I think when i workout...

i :heart: this. that's real talk right there..
  • Beberni
    Beberni Posts: 25
    Options
    if I don't have a DVD on I am listening to music. I have a treadmill at home so I have to keep my eyes or ears busy or time drags. I love all old the Will & Grace shows so I usually play one of the DVD's. I listen to music when I want to take my jogging (or should I say fast pace walking) up a notch. Its too hot here to do anything outside so I don't have a scenery to look at.
  • shunta864
    Options
    To be honest at first I just zone out to my music and try to workout to the beat but as I get closer to the end of my workout I keep looking at the clock counting the minutes.. lol
  • Cornock
    Cornock Posts: 254
    Options
    I'm with @impudentputz, in my spin class i'm thinking about what I want to look like, what my body will look like, but then also using it like meditation visualisation of what I want where do I want to go what it look like when i'm there.

I love spin because I can just get in the zone for this. For most of the class I have my eyes closed and while thinking about this try to let my body get driven by the beats but I'm also thinking about my form, posture and when it's tough focusing on pushing that little bit harder everytime.

It's different when I do weights though because then I am just focused on form and pushing out more reps, higher weights and feeling the muscles burn!
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    That's an awesome way to think while exercising. I tend to think of anything that takes my mind off of the fact that I'm doing cardio, a lot of times I'll be listening to music and put myself on the stage singing whatever song it is I'm listening to kind of takes you to another world all while your being active and staying fit.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Wow, am I the ONLY one who is simply counting in my mind!!! I count over and over and over again.....that doesn't leave much time for anything else....I never said I was good with numbers!!! I, also, have the tv going so that occupies a little of the spare mind!!!
  • judykritikos
    Options
    I walk 2ce a day for about a mile during my breaks - I put the iPod on and listen to books on CD. When I'm on my elliptical at night, I watch a DVD (once I figure out how to connect the TV so I can watch stuff I've recorded....but I digress). I'd rather be outside walking - love the fresh air and clearing my mind from work stuff.
  • goddessmaker
    Options
    I'm a bit weird I at times will imagine I'm a exotic dancer putting on a show:tongue: or I will mediate about things I need to do..
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    this is generally what goes through my head:

"oh crap i forgot to turn that in, guess i'll have to go in early...i wonder what's for dinner....ewwww did that guy REALLY just sweat all over the machine and not wipe it off? why does my phone keep playing Rihanna, i want something different...oh SWEET Barefoot Contessa is on now, wonder what she's gonna make today...OH SHOOT i forgot to call gram, she's gonna kill me...i wonder if my husband took the trash out...OMG I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON HERE FOR 5 MINUTES?!"
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow, am I the ONLY one who is simply counting in my mind!!! I count over and over and over again.....that doesn't leave much time for anything else....I never said I was good with numbers!!! I, also, have the tv going so that occupies a little of the spare mind!!!

Guess you're just the only one that will admit it! My sister is an obsessive counter too....she counts when she twirls the rope when we are practicing roping, she counts when she fills a water pitcher....now I have to ask her if she counts when exercising!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Form right?? is my form right? how many reps was that. one, two, one, two ... bend knees, back straight, one, two... etc :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Form right?? is my form right? how many reps was that. one, two, one, two ... bend knees, back straight, one, two... etc :)

thats me too when weightlifting. trying to make that mind-body connection. for cardio i listen to the most entertaining podcast i have at that time.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    That I'm glad I got off my butt to do it but dam are we there yet?

Mostly I blast music so I can't think. It's my non-thinking time. That's pretty much the only thing that gets through, or "YAY this song!!!".