Ha!~ Large Frame BMI! I knew it :O)

Options
Jenn152
Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
So I was very happy after my weigh-in this weekend because I was finally in the Overweight Category on the BMI scale... That thing is so bogus anyway. But, hey I am a sucker for numbers so I was thrilled! :bigsmile:

So I did a little research and found this calculation for a BMI skew for Large Frames (I am 5'11" and my wrist is 7.25" around)!!! Hallelujah I am not too far from the HEALTHY category! :drinker: BooYahhhh!! Because no matter how much weight I lose... my BONES will always be this big! hahahaha :huh:

Here is the link:
(http://www.livestrong.com/article/36520-calculate-accurate-bmi-large-frame/)

And here are the calculated True-to-Scale Large Frame BMI numbers:
BMI Below 20.35 = Underweight; BMI 20.35 to 27.39 = Normal; BMI 27.39 to 32.89 = Overweight; BMI 32.89 and above = Obese

So, for all of you out there that are focused on that BMI... make sure you have your frame size right... this just might make you feel a helluva lot better about where you are going!~ :wink:

Carry On MFP ~ Happy Monday!

**Disclaimer: I checked it again, using ANOTHER site (http://www.ehow.com/how_5591155_calculate-accurate-bmi-large-frame.html)... just to be sure I had my info correct. It says very specifically, "Here is a BMI chart to which you should ADD 10 percent for a large frame." Excellent!**

Replies

• Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This 5' 10" "big boned" girl rockin' a BMI of 29.6 loves you! :)
  • MJHdG
    MJHdG Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yup and this 5'9" "big bone" one fighting to get under 27 loves your post very much!!!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I know! I started to doubt the info, but I checked and double checked and this is RIGHT! So here you are ladies! LOVE IT!
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    6'0 and definitely big-boned here! I am pleased indeed :)
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow. I had no idea! I'm 5'3" and my wrist is 6.65" That means I have a large frame?! I think I will measure again when I've lost more weight.

I am so happy for those that are large framed, though! It's hard to make everyone fit into one box!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Love this. Recalsulated mine and I am still in the "obese" catagory, but am almost into the just "overweight" range! woohoo!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    Wow. I had no idea! I'm 5'3" and my wrist is 6.65" That means I have a large frame?! I think I will measure again when I've lost more weight.

I am so happy for those that are large framed, though! It's hard to make everyone fit into one box!

Assess your frame size according to the following chart:

WOMEN
    Under 5'2" -- Large frame means a wrist size over 5.75"
    5'2"-5'5" -- Large frame means a wrist size over 6.25"
    5'5" or greater -- Large frame means a wrist size over 6.5"

yep! your good :O)
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm 61.5 inches tall, which makes me just in the "big bone" category!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i've never understood the "large medium small" frame stuff... hopefully this will clarify it. thanks for the information!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    i've never understood the "large medium small" frame stuff... hopefully this will clarify it. thanks for the information!

your frame size is based on your height and the size of your wrist.
  • mads91
    mads91 Posts: 1
    Options
    This is good to hear! I'm 6'1" girl and I just started in at 241 and am down 2lbs so far.. your story is very motivating! I always knew that I was a "big boned" girl, but it's good to know that there are other girls out there like me :) Conrats on your weight loss!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, I have known I am a large frame. Even my rib cage makes it obvious and doctors have told me also.
  • kristen_lynn
    kristen_lynn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Oooohhh man, I can't wait to calculate this for myself! Thanks, chick :-D!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hooray!!! I am officially normal sized :smile:
    I knew that I didn't need to lose any more weight.... now I just have to work out how to stay here.
    Thanks for making my day!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    You are all so welcome! I am thrilled as well!!!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think i love you :flowerforyou: 29.4 BMI here and 5ft 6 with a large frame. Woohoo i am slap bang in the middle of overweight :laugh:
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    My wrist is about 6 inches give or take 1/8 an inch and I"m 5'4"... i guess that is medium?
  • Aaish
    Aaish Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!! You're a genius to post this! I'm 27.09 just fallen in the normal bmi category:-) I'm sooooooo happy!! My friends and family were telling me that I look fine now but I wasn't sure to remain overweight;-) ill still try to get in middle range normal bmi by losing few more pounds but I'm happy with where I'm!!! Thanks:-)
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    I just looked at two sites. One site had me at large framed, and the next one had me at small framed.
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    I know I found out fairly recently that I am within 5 lbs (somedays less) to being "normal" on the BMI chart. It was one that you actually measure yourself. On the reg bmi chart i have 15lbs to lose. I want to get to the top of the "normal" range on the bmi chart and go from there. Woohoo for you!! It is a great feeing knowing that you are closer than you thought you were.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!