Ha!~ Large Frame BMI! I knew it :O)

Options

Replies

• Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I really only posted this for those of us who are abnormally tall for our genders... The low end of Normal for me is like 132 lbs... are you freaking kidding me?!?!?! hahaahh and the high end of Normal was 174... I think I weighed that when I was 17 and RIPPED from being a 3 sport athlete in 2-a-day practices... that is NOT a healthy weight for me as an adult. I am just glad people found the true point of this post and are getting a better more realistic approach to their "goals". Yay for everyone!
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    woo hoo- that means just one more point off my BMI and i'm 'normal' yippie!!!

i'm 5'11 too

me too! I always knew i was large framed anyway my hands are like saucers! my lovely man-hands :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Before you get all excited, make sure that you don't just have FAT wrists!

I had my BMI measured with a "Bod Pod" with every expectation that I would be found to be "large framed", only to be terribly disappointed that nope-- I was just FAT.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness! I'm 5'8 with 7.25" wrist too and I always thought this was slightly skewed towards average sized people. Glad to know I'm moving closer to normal!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    Before you get all excited, make sure that you don't just have FAT wrists!

I had my BMI measured with a "Bod Pod" with every expectation that I would be found to be "large framed", only to be terribly disappointed that nope-- I was just FAT.

this is a very good point! and should be taken into account. i had mis-measured my wrist (at work with a cord and ruler, not a tape), so when i got home i remeasured and my wrist is really 6.75 (which is still large framed) and my wrists are bony... so that is not currently a problem for me. but if you carry weight at your wrists it could definitely skew the numbers! i will say again, i really think this applies more for people are super tall...
  • kneesee80
    Options
    You have no idea how happy you've made me! I decided my goal weight was 180, 185 regardless of the fact that that weight still placed me in the overweight category according to the standard BMI charts. With this adjusted one, my goal is spot on! Awesome! I'm a big girl! My family would commit me for an eating disorder if I got down to 150-160 (what the standard BMI chart says it should be)!
  • kneesee80
    Options
    Oh, and I'm 5'10 with a size 11-12 shoe!
  • carriem29
    Options
    I'm borderline. I'm 5'5.5" and my wrist is 6.25. A lot of the time I either have to round down to 5'5'' or round up to 5'6" when I enter my height into forms. If I take the 5'5'', I am big boned but if I take 5'6'' then I'm medium.............Oh well, thanks for the information:)
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    bump for later (:
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and have a large frame, i always knew that tho lol
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    I'm 5'1 my wrist size is almost 6.5 inches (all bone) and my BMI is 29.2, now I don't feel so bad about that lol and I'm a lot closer to a healthy BMI than I thought so thats great :)
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    Also, if you know you have excess fat around your wrists, this is probably not the tool for you, my wrists have always been the same size so I know that this is a good tool for me. When I was 12 the doctor was confused bc he said I was "overweight" at 117 lbs but I was all bones. There is no one size fits all , just get healthy and you will achieve your goals :)
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Here is why I love this post...because it stresses the need for other measurements besides the scale. I wish that accurate body fat measurements were more accessible to more people...
  • fitness4meAU
    fitness4meAU Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow and Thank you, thank you, thank you! Not only have I found out that I am (according to both sites) in the large body frame, that I am just into the Obese category (not dropped off the edge of the great abyss of no return) but I also can see that there are other women out there just like me. Not all of you look like your from The Real Housewives OC (Thank GOD & what a joke)

Thank you for posting this and thank you other ladies for repsonding and showing me that there are others women out there that look like me and are still amazing too.

Has done SO much for myself esteem :) Thanks.
  • newdaynewme
    newdaynewme Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    finally a meaningful post!!!! thanks for posting, it's credible, good information w/o adults arguing and bickering over nonsense. I found out I am large framed and my bmi is better than it was using the old calculations. thanks for posting!!
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    As a result of this post, I am now considering changing my approach to weight loss, health & fitness.

As well as focusing on losing weight, I am also considering growing taller too. :laugh:
  • copykatnjesus
    copykatnjesus Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This is awesome news! I've always doubted all the weight charts out
    there. I've always been big boned & muscular. I'll be checking
    these BMI charts now. I'm 5'7" 7" wrist!! Thanx for the info!
    God Bless!!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Great post! Iam 6" tall and have always, always, always had big bones and large frame, even when thin. And even now, my wrist bones are "right there" not covered in the fat that seems to be sticking to the rest of my body! Thanks!!!!!!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I am so glad everyone is reaping the benefits of this post! We are all different and thats what makes this site great! Your goals should be realistic and fit your body. No one measurement will tell you that. We should all go by how we feel! Keep on truckin through your weight loss journey! :O)
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am a jewelry repair technician, and coming from my years of experience, anything below a 6.5 is small, 6.5-7.25 is average and anything above 7.25 is large. Not saying that whatever medical science this is, is a lie, I have just been in the business for 11 years, and worked for several stores, plus went to school for this. I don't think they would order the 'average' size if it wasn't average. Plus, the larger or small sizes are generally special ordered. Aside from that, my wrist is a 5.25 @ 5'7" which is small, but not that uncommon. Someone who is big-boned to us, would be a 7.25+ and those are really rare. . . . Just a thought mfp'ers.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!