Guys with a lot of female friends public service announcemen

Options

Replies

• SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Haha I don't see a problem with it. Some girls don't accept my friend request. Usually the guys do thou.

i would accept you! :bigsmile:
  • SinIsIn
    Options
    I've never understood why it's always the men who get criticized for this "collector" stuff. They get plenty of encouragement from the tons of women on this site who get a cheap thrill out of the fact that some random guy considered them worthy of being collected. I don't assume anything about a guy who sends me a friend request. If I discover later on that he's a perv, well, there's an easy fix for that.

I hope you are referring to delete and not castration! :noway:

:laugh:
  • SinIsIn
    Options
    I'm not a collector.. I think i have like 8 friends.. ? LOL
    But it is a bit off putting when a guy has nothing but girls as their friends.... but at the same time.. what business is it of mine if you do have mostly female friends... I'm came to chew bubble gum and kick my weight's A**... and I'll all out of BUBBLE GUM!!! :tongue:
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I am leary about asking a women to be a friend because I am afraid that they will think I am just collecting. But I do try and keep it even
  • Lachsis
    Lachsis Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I actually have lots of guys on my friendlist. Does this make me a collector? I don't think so. I just get along better with men. And some of them are awesome motivators. While I never hear from some of my lady friends here, the men pay more attention and try to give more support. But that's just the impression I got. :-)
  • Multistyles
    Options
    I've never understood why it's always the men who get criticized for this "collector" stuff. They get plenty of encouragement from the tons of women on this site who get a cheap thrill out of the fact that some random guy considered them worthy of being collected. I don't assume anything about a guy who sends me a friend request. If I discover later on that he's a perv, well, there's an easy fix for that.
    I wish more women thought like you
  • Multistyles
    Options
    Ha! women totally collect too. I had one female friend who said she wasn't taking any more FR's, she deleted me, then added a male friend who had a mega hot profile pic posted. She's def a collector, but hey, men don't seem to mind that from what I've seen. :tongue:
    They don't at all
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    That's fair enough, I know not all men are hoarding women to perv on. However having had a lot myself, I no longer accept friend requests from men. I would rather keep it simple.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I'll ask to be added to PEOPLE that I think post interesting/informative information. As it's damned hard to dig though it just on the forums.
  • Multistyles
    Options
    That's fair enough, I know not all men are hoarding women to perv on. However having had a lot myself, I no longer accept friend requests from men. I would rather keep it simple.
    Cool, you had a lot of bad experiences so that's fair, but we're not all bad
  • Multistyles
    Options
    I'll ask to be added to PEOPLE that I think post interesting/informative information. As it's damned hard to dig though it just on the forums.
    I just want REAL people as friends. The good the bad and the ugly just be respectful to me and we're cool. Nobody is perfect and I will not deny someone because of a few quirks.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a comment. I'm just here to see what other people say. :)
    Ah come on I know you have SOME opinion on this lol

OKAY OKAY. I have guys who add me to just peek at my pictures and who private message me to tell me how boinkalicious they find me, and then I have guys who actually talk to me about diet/fitness. I delete the first, and I much appreciate the latter.

:drinker:

I don't think I've ever been called or referred to as boinkalicious!!! LOL

What an awesome word!!

I have more female friends than males but I think that is due to the fact that there really are more women on here and seeing another woman with a large loss is inspiring. As for the men.....I guess I never will know why they really sent me a friend request in the first place, but so far non of them are creepy and they have proven to be supportive and respectful so it's all good.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I think youre right. Besides, (not trying to bash guys) women can be a lot more motivating. Guys can push other guys, but women can help make people feel good about themselves. And it doesnt hurt to have the opposite sex as friends in order to make yourself feel sexier, etc.

I agree I like making male friends and motivating them! I think its hard for men to motivate each other just because of egos or some type of "Dude" code. :)
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I think youre right. Besides, (not trying to bash guys) women can be a lot more motivating. Guys can push other guys, but women can help make people feel good about themselves. And it doesnt hurt to have the opposite sex as friends in order to make yourself feel sexier, etc.

I agree I like making male friends and motivating them! I think its hard for men to motivate each other just because of egos or some type of "Dude" code. :)

*Like*
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've got a small list of friends and they all happen to be women. I find some of the guys are very aggressive and full on about their fitness regime and I am only just getting into it so I feel a bit self concious. It's exactly the same way I feel at the gym; if there are a big group of super beefed up guys using equipment where I want to work out I tend to wait till they've moved on. I am a married, family man and most of the ladies on here are married and have kids too. I find our diets/regimes/time restrictions/etc... are somewhat similar which helps me not feel down on myself if I haven't "killed it at the gym bro!". I'm not anti-guy friending at all but I've just not had any guys ask for my friendship (that sounds so weird) and I don't actively add people so if it happens and I don't feel intimidated we can be man-friends :)
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I actually don't think any deeper into it really. I have plenty of guy friends as well as girls, I would hope no one thinks I'm collecting either gender.

Growing up, I was mostly around girls. I mean guys had cooties afterall. So I had a lot of girl friends. It wasn't until HS that I got some guy friends, and girls became catty, sizing me up because I was friends with the guys that they liked (funny b/c I'm into girls like that, not so much guys :laugh: ) But then it all evened out in college. :smile:
  • Multistyles
    Options

That is correct, this is a "dude" code and for done it's awkward giving men compliments it's much more natural for us to give women compliments
  • Multistyles
    Options
    I don't really have a comment. I'm just here to see what other people say. :)
    Ah come on I know you have SOME opinion on this lol

OKAY OKAY. I have guys who add me to just peek at my pictures and who private message me to tell me how boinkalicious they find me, and then I have guys who actually talk to me about diet/fitness. I delete the first, and I much appreciate the latter.

:drinker:

I don't think I've ever been called or referred to as boinkalicious!!! LOL

What an awesome word!!

I have more female friends than males but I think that is due to the fact that there really are more women on here and seeing another woman with a large loss is inspiring. As for the men.....I guess I never will know why they really sent me a friend request in the first place, but so far non of them are creepy and they have proven to be supportive and respectful so it's all good.
    I thought that was a pretty neat word too lol
  • Pip_squeak
    Pip_squeak Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to say I agree. Yes. I do feel uncomfortable when a dude sends a friend request and no message. I normally except just because. As far as women on this site........ I greatly appreciate ALL the motivation they supply.............AND I DO MEAN ALL!!!

Thank you ladies for all that you do. Male support can only go so far and then I need some curves to help push me thru.
  • carriong11
    carriong11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with you!