200+ Sheddin' the Stuffin

Options
Hello all! This is the first post of our new 6-week challenge.

Just some information about the group before you start posting. This group started over 2 years ago now, and has lasted over many challenges. It's both a weight loss challenge, but more than anything it's a support group. This is how it runs:

-If you're new, introduce yourself to the group and jump into the conversation.

For oldies, you're familiar with this, but please post your weights between Friday and Monday and I'll post a weekly weigh-in chart.

There was some debate with our last challenge about closing this group for a bit. At the beginning of each challenge, we get an influx of new people, most of who don't stay, and it makes it incredibly hard to keep up with people, especially when most leave anyways.

We decided not to close the group, because we always do find amazing people who stick around. As a compromise, if you're a newbie, please participate, and jump into the conversations, but you will not be included on the weight chart for this challenge... it's too hard to keep up with. If you stick with us through the challenge, you'll be included on next challenge's chart. I still encourage you to post your weights. The main point of this thread is to support one another, so just posting once a week with your weight, isn't really participating. if you want to join a challenge like that, this might not be the best group for you.

If you're still interested, happy posting! And for all those returning, I'll post the final weigh ins for our Halloween challenge shortly.

Replies

• Brookelee30
    Options
    When does the next challenge start?
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Found the new thread! Bumpity Bump!

Brookelee: The challenge starts today
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Yay for a new thread! I was ready; here were my goals for the last challenge:

1.) Be able to jog for 30 minutes without stopping. ** Accomplished!! **

2.) Run my first 5K. Hey, if I'm going to be able to run for 30 minutes then I should be able to work up to a 5K, right? ** Not so much. I signed up for my first 5K, but because of a dang hip problem it didn't happen. Intention should count for something though, right?

3.) Lose enough to be less than 10 pounds away from onederland. ** So close! I weighed in (unofficially) this morning at 211, so I'm 12 pounds away from onederland. I can taste it.

Here are my goals for this challenge:

1.) Finish Ripped in 30. Started it at the end of last week and there are 4 weeks worth of workouts, so this should work out if I don't have to take too much longer than a week on each level.

2.) Attempt a spin class again. I was scared off by my first one 2 years ago, but I'm going to try again.

3.) Mix up my exercise routine! Running is great, but I need to try other fun stuff, especially since my hip is annoying.

4.) Lose enough weight to be within 5 pounds of onederland.

5.) Maintain my current vigor! I've been eating well and getting workouts in 5 - 6 times a week lately, and I want to keep it up! I will shoot for working out 6 times a week.

Kendal, I know that you posted the link to the badge for finishing the last challenge but I totally didn't copy and save it. Oops. Could you post that again so that I can add it to my signature?

Happy to start another challenge with you all! I wouldn't have accomplished what I've accomplished so far without you guys, so thank you thank you THANK YOU for being there for me on these challenges! You all rock!!
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ok I have been on again and off again on MFP and making a commitment after 2 months of family tragedy and setbacks. I weighed yesterday and am up to 221.

So do I make my own goal and challenge?
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Ok, now time to fess up on how I did with my goals last challenge:

1) Lose 6 pounds = 182.4 -- FAIL
    2) Run the dogs at least 3 times a week while my foot is healing -- FAIL (although part of that was Loki's fault and I DID do exercise, I just didn't run the dogs)
    3) Log EVERYTHING (Exception to be made for my week in Paris/Bruges) -- FAIL
    4) Start another round of P90X after I return from Paris - WIN

Time for some re-focusing and some new goals:
    1) Lose 6 pounds = 184
    2) Stick to my P90X/Running hybrid workout plan so that I can start P90X2 with Kerry on Jan 16th.
    3) Log EVERYTHING (using Annette for accountability should help me actually reach this goal)

Pam: I think your goals for the new challenge are awesome!

Dino: Welcome to the challenge. You set your own goals and we all cheer each other on as we achieve them.
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Marie and I'd love some extra support and motivation. I joined mfp last April and have lost over 60 pounds since then but have over 100 more to go... It's definitely a journey... That said, my husband and I run a treatment program for teenage guys that have gotten themselves in trouble with the law and with their families. We have 5 teenagers at any particular time as well as our 9 year old son and 2 year old daughter. There is never a dull moment in our home :):):) and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love being outdoors and living in the mountains, going to the movies, and spending time with my incredible family. I look forward to getting to know you better as we support each other toward our goals!
    :smooched: Marie
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey there :) My name is Keshia and I've been floating around MFP for awhile now, and doing decently well, but I need to get focused. I just started my graduate program, so it's been insanely difficult to set a schedule and stick with it. I'd love join this group to have a consistent support network to meet my short and long term goals.

Starting Weight: 214.2

Goals for the next 6 weeks:
    1. Lose 10 pounds (that would put me within 5 pounds of breaking 200)
    2. Work out at least 3 times per week
    3. Eat out less (cut down to once per week, which is going to be sooooo hard!)

Great to meet you all and I'm super excited to get started! Feel free to friend me if you'd like :)

Keshia
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Kendal, nevermind, I found the badge!

Amy, I have a feeling that we're going to see "WIN!" after all of your goals at the end of this challenge. :drinker:

Welcome, newbies! :smile:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Here are the results from the Hot for Halloween challenge. If you didn't weigh in for the final challenge (or I missed you weight, you're not on the list. I'll use the last weight I have for you for the first weight for this challenge unless I hear otherwise)

Format: Name, Starting challenge, Ending challenge (diff in pounds, diff in % weight lost)
    Victoria, 194.5, 195 (+0.5)
    Kendal, 214.4, 213.4 (-1.0, 0.47%)
    Lacey, 210, 209.4 (-0.6, 0.29%)
    Amy, 188.4, 190 (+1.6)
    Kerry, 164, 159.2 (-4.8, 2.93%)
    Hailie, 252.6, 249.3 (-3.3, 1.31%)
    Nava, 228.6, 230.2 (+1.6)
    Pam, 215.8, 211.8 (-4.0, 1.85%)
    silver02bullet, 206, 209 (+3.0)
    Bobbie, 316.2, 301.4 (-14.8, 4.68%)
    Hosanna, 220.7, 212.1 (-8.6, 3.9)
    ladyg0915, 275, 262 (-13.0, 4.73%)
    Katheryne, 281.8, 280.8 (-1.0, 0.35%)
    Annette, 181, 173 (-8.0, 4.42%)
    Apryl, 177, 169.8 (-7.2, 4.07%)
    Tasha, 217, 211.4 (-5.6, 2.58%)
    wowmama, 220, 213.6 (-6.4, 2.91%)

The challenge winner with the most amount of weight lost (pounds) was Bobbie with 14.8! Nice! The person with the greatest percentage of weight lost was ladyg0915 with 4.73% of her body weight lost. Nice work!!

Let's keep up the great work everyone!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies and well as returning members!

Brooke - the challenge starts now. People weighed in over the weekend, which is their starting weight for this challenge. Jump right into the conversation

Pam- really nice job with acheiving the goals you wanted to reach last challenge

Dino- welcome! Yes, for the challenge, it's really all about about setting your own goals. Try not to make them too lofty, as you don't want to set youself up for failure. It's all about small, acheiveable steps. Hope to learn more about you

Amy- so you stumbled a bit with this challenge... meh! You did restart p90x-- and keep truckin'!

maria- welcome and congrats on your weight loss so far. I know it can seem like you have so far to go, but you've made great strides. Keep it up, and we're willing to listen and support!

Keshia- welcome! it's all about getting into a routine. Sounds like you have a pretty hectic schedule. Try and carve out some time for yourself--- it's just important to make the time to get healthy, as that'll help all aspects of your life in the long term. hope we can help along your journey

I'll post a little on what's going on with me later today hopefully.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Review of Goals::
    - Get (and stay) below 210. Such a mental hurdle for me. --- FAIL!!
    - Use my new gym membership at least 3 days a week, but exercise at least 5 days a week. --FAIL! I got 3/6 weeks completed (although if you count the low impact aerobics, then heck yes I WIN!! :laugh: )
    - Work up to an hour on the elliptical. ---WIN!!!! WOOHOO! OH YEAH! I DID IT!!
    - Walk Lexi 2-3 times a week. ----FAIL! I think I got 3/6 weeks completed on this one too
    - Write on my calendar all of my workouts so I can see what I've done and can feel that bit of OCD kick in if I miss a day of working out. --WIN!!!! WOOHOO! OH YEAH! I DID IT!!
    -Continue logging at least 5 days a week (this is so much easier with the itouch! I recently discovered that you can still log stuff even if you don't have an internet connection!) --ummm....I think this is a possible win. I haven't looked at my log to check, but I do log every day I'm at work so if I was working, then I logged SOMETHING for the day.

This challenge goals:
    - Get (and stay) below 210. Such a mental hurdle for me.
    - Use my new gym membership at least 3 days a week, but exercise at least 4 days a week.
    - Work up to 30 minutes of straight jogging (even if it's at 4.0) which means I will HAVE to go to the gym for this cause running outside is HARD. (Pam, I put this in here because of you hitting your 30 min jogging goal! thanks for the inspiration!)
    - Write on my calendar all of my workouts .

I think I'm going to go bland with lunch for a while. Starkist Lunch To Go meals are cheap ($1.38), easy to take to work and the nutrition looks like this: Cals: 240, Fat: 9g, Sodium: 650mg, Carb: 20g, Fiber 1g, Protein: 18g

I also found microwaveable single serve store brand vegetables at Walmart, so I'm going to give those a try. And if not the tuna for lunch, then a protein shake.

Welcome to all the newbies!!! Tell us about yourself! Where are you from? SO? Kids? Pets? Job? Fav workout? Least fav workout? Questions about food or trying a new workout? We are NOT shy around here.

To all the ones who completed our last challenge and wants the badge, here's the link. But change the upper case IMG at the beginning and end of the link to lower case and it should work.

challenge+complete-+hot+for+halloween+2.jpg
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I want to do this challenge but have to bath the kids first....I will be back!!!!!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow! I didn't even realize I had lost that much in these past 6 weeks! :noway: Is it horrible to say that I never got a chance to write down my goals, and so I can't even say if I've met them or not :sad: :sad: Gosh, I'm so lame!

Now i so need to go back and find the link to the badge for the last challenge. Anyone know what page it was on?? Thanks, Kendal, I found it...and thanks for the congrats!

So, for new goals, I will be a bit conservative, since we are going through Thanksgiving, and it's at my house, which means me doing the cooking, sampling, serving :noway:

Lose 13lbs (will put me in line for losing my 25 by New Years)
    Lose another half inch in all areas (my calves are the hardest for this one)
    Increase my water intake to average 16 glass everyday and not just on workdays
    Walk that long trail at least 3 times during the challenge, lowering my overall time with each go

Ok, someone remind me when i get home tonight to copy and paste these goals onto my desktop stickie notes, so I don't have the same issue at the end of this one with not knowing what my goals were, PLEASE :flowerforyou:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Bobbie- I just posted the badge link in my last post. and FREAKING CONGRATULATIONS on your HUGE FREAKING LOSS!!!

Rikki- Look at you being our biggest % loser!!! And you thought you were struggling! Girl you are ROCKING IT!
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Yay, new thread! Welcome newbies!

And I have time to catch up now! Okay, so first off, I apparently didn't set goals last challenge. But last challenge was more or less a disaster for me, so I think it's safe to say that any goals I would have set would have been a fail.

Goals for this challenge:
    1. Pack all lunches
    2. Limit going out for meals to 2 times a week max (BLAHAHA, we'll see)
    3. Track food every day. I've already got back on track with this as of yesterday.
    4. Exercise at least 3 days a week
    5. Stay under on sodium intake as much as possible.

Alright, now to play catchup from the last challenge:

Sarah (WnT), I think it's super sweet that you thought of me during yoga! :bigsmile: I find myself thinking about you guys too. But as for me and Joe, I have faith that we'll be okay. On Saturday night I had a mega breakdown and was literally BAWLING when Joe was packing up to go home. I just wish he could move back in till I have to go again. The next day, he told me basically that I should stop crying and there's no reason for me to cry. He never knows how to handle it because I'm usually so strong. He told me that I'm finally getting the promotion I deserve, I'll finally be living in London which is something I've always dreamed of, and he's not going anywhere so there's no reason to be crying. He also said I'm not allowed to be scared. ha!

Amy, YES! Totally pissed that my magnet got stolen. It was one of those ribbon magnets, but it was black and said "support zombies" and on top of the loop there was brains. I have a theory that some nerd stole it at the Renaissance Festival this weekend. And I LOVE American Horror Story. It's SO bizarre. But I'm with you. I refuse to watch it alone. Joe has to be with me.

Annette, I'd love to see you too! Frankly, anyone who wants to take a trip to London will have a free place to stay with me!

Victoria, hi! I can't believe it's cold enough for ice scraping up there! It warmed back up again down here and the mosquitoes are in full force. My legs have been completely eaten.

Pam, I love those pics of you and the BF! You both look great!

Hosanna, congrats on being not preggers! lol

Hallie, on the makeup discussion. I used to NEVER wear makeup. Which annoyed my mother to death as she's a makeup artist. I'm allergic to a lot of stuff, but she has a new line she's carrying that's recommended by dermatologists and surgeons as safe for allergies, and what do you know. At the most in the past I'd wear mascara and lip gloss. Now I do the full coverage powder, eyeshadows, mascara, and if I'm feeling like I have the time or if I know I'm gonna see Joe and want to look nice, I do eyeliner. I LOVE LOVE LOVE black eyeliner now, and I've gotten really good at putting it on. Never blush though as I have oddly red cheeks. It may be an age thing, who knows. When I was younger I also hated carrying a purse, and now I love handbags like crazy.

Katheryne, Fido is an AWESOME movie. You'd like it a lot, I'm certain.

Bobbie, I haven't been "serious" about dieting since I had my surgery in July. Come around anyway! I love this group too much. Trying to get back on track though. I actually went to the grocery store last night! EEK!

Kerry, I have an unholy love for Taco Bell. I don't know what it is, but I love them. Joe always makes fun of me.

As for me, I had an awesome weekend with Joe (except for the bawling part). Friday, we got up, went and shared fajitas for lunch, then headed over to the zoo. It was perfect timing too as we walked in right when the giraffe feeding started. You can pay $5 for three pieces of romaine and feed it to the juvenile giraffes. They're my favorites and I love them. Then we walked over to the new elephant paddock and they were leading all the elephants to the new pool, so it was awesome to see the youngest elephant splashing around in the water. After we left the zoo, we walked around the park a bit and went home where we made waffles and sausage for dinner. Totally not diet-friendly, but it's something we'd wanted to do. Saturday was ren fest and that's always a good time, except when it's time to leave and you have to sit in traffic for ages.

Anyway, that's it for me. Mega post!
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    Welcome all the new people. Once again I am starting a challenge at 280. Last challenge I actually managed to drop to 277 for a couple of days before heading up again, so this challeng my goal is to MAINTAIN my losses.

My other main goal for this challenge will be to make all of my meals at home so as to avoid the extra salt and cals from outside sources--i.e. pizza

responses carried over from last strand...

Pam--your pics are great. I absolutly loved the second one. that one needs to be enlarged, framed, and hanging on a wall somewhere.

Hosanna--I'm amazed you were able to avoid a pap that long. My mother started dragging me kicking and screaming, a "start" visit when I was 12, and then once a year since I was 15. To make matters worse the doctor (who I kid you not, looks just like Richard Dreyfuss) was the father of the hotest guy in my grade.

Victoria--I'm jealous, I've been in Alaska for three years now, and still havn't managed to see the Northern Lights yet. The constant cloud cover gets in the way.

Nava---I LOVE giraffes. They are my favorite animal. Around my house they are all called George. I'm so bad about it, that now if my husband sees one on tv he'll say "look a George" just to get my attention :happy:

And for me--my husband did not find my attempts to feed him mushrooms last night funny. I thought they made the pot roast awesome. When I turned away from the table to get napkins he separated his out and dropped them on my plate. :tongue: Oh well, better luck next time.

-Katheryne
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I only have 10 min to post so I'll address my goals from the last challenge

1) lose any amount of weight. I refuse to gain for the the umpteenth challenge in a row!!! -- Utter fail as I goofed up the last week...
    2) Ave 60 min of exercise a day!!! -- I believe this goal was met :)
    3) Have more days of being under cals than over on cal intake. -- Overall, when I logged which was 4 of the 6 weeks I met the goal.
    4) Get back to tracking cals in... I will log all cals... I will log all cals... I will log all cals... Please check up on me and bring out the whip if I start to slack. I'm going to have to go back to posting daily input/output numbers... I just logged this morning cal. -- I did good 4 of 6 weeks of logging.
    5) Get my plan together for P90X hybrid so I'm ready to join Amy and Kerry when they start. -- Goal met... 4 weeks down.
    6) Measure myself at beginning and end of challenge with goal to lose inches... -- I will remeasure in the next few days.

So overall 5 of 6 goals met!!! YEAH...

New goals for the challenge -

1) lose any amount of weight. I refuse to gain for the the umpteenth challenge in a row!!!
    2) Ave 45 min of exercise a day!!!
    3) Have more days of being under cals than over on cal intake.
    4) Log my food...
    5) Cont to work on the P90X hybrid program and be ready to start P90X2 on the 16th of Jan with Kerry and Amy...
    6) Measure myself at beginning and end of challenge with goal to lose inches...

Thanks for re-posting the badge Kendal!!! It is awesome...

Welcome to all the new faces and we look forward to getting to know you.

Congrats to all who lost. Kristina - where is your name???
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Hosanna - Of course! Now I feel dumb. :P

Annette - Thank you. :) I wish I had more time to catch up with chores; fortunately, Nerd is home today and getting some bigger stuff accomplished so we can rearrange a bit when I get off work.

Kendal - SUPER exciting for your friend! :D I don't like fast zombies, either, but mostly because it's not realistic. I'm TERRIFIED of deer, btw - the town I used to live in had deer wandering around ALL the time, and I'd have to walk past them on my way to work a lot of nights. So. Effing. Scary.

Bobbie and Rikki - Congrats, Ladies!!! :D

~~~~Also, congrats to everyone who met their goals! :D~~~~

Nava - I'm so stealing your "pack all lunches" - not necessarily because it's going to help me lose weight, but because it's GOT to be healthier. Awesome you got to feed the giraffes! :D

My goals last challenge:
    1. Get under 255. (FAIL!)
    2. Vary my diet a little more so I can actually stick with this. (YESSS!)
    3. No. More. Soda. (Mostly yes, but a little fail in there. :P)
    4. Actually eat fruit... blech. (YESSSS!)

Now, new goals... pending this pregnancy test, I'll avoid setting a weight goal.
    1. Pack all lunches. (Thanks, Nava!)
    2. One full bottle of water a day at work.
    3. Three meals a day.
    4. Eat out less. A LOT less.

These definitely all seem do-able.
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bumping the convo. away at a work meeting so I haven't caught up from the last challenge even.

speaking of work meeting, we are going trout fishing this afternoon. I've never been so i'm excited! see you all in a couple of days.
This discussion has been closed.