200+ Sheddin' the Stuffin

Options

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Jessi - if you're prego, it won't matter if you do the test this morning or tomorrow..the whatever it is is already there dude. But you can wait! I will anxiously wait to haer!

Amy - Santiago is where that enormous earthquake was last year. But they do have one of the biggest mining shows in the world that I am pushing to go to so yeay for maybe seeing you in another part of the world! LOL. (Seattle is still my vote, lol)

Nava - YEAY!!! Free housing, kindof can't complain about that girl!

Welcome to all the newbies and sorry to the rest I can't repsond to. Maybe tonight. Iam reading though.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Also they resent the letter they supposedly sent on 10/3 to my house. I'm guessing that since they never called its all fine.
  • lyyzza
    lyyzza Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Lisa and I am 40 years old. I am married to my very best friend and have 3 girls (18, 17 & 10). I’ve been on MFP for a while, but have not been really active in the communities. I long to have friendships with people that are on the same fitness path that I am – to become healthy. If it’s not too late, I’d love to join your group. You ladies seem like a great group of “friends”.

My beginning weight is 256 and my six week goals are:

1) To loose 12-15 lbs
    2) To begin the C25K
    3) To build more MFP friendships and post more often
    4) To continue my lunchtime walk, but incorporate different evening and weekend exercise as well.

Well, I think that’s it. I look forward to getting to know each one of you.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Nava - YAY! Congrats! :D Sorry the raise wasn't what you were expecting.

Amy - That's pretty funny. :P I've always maintained that women catch the penis virus and it gives them a parasite.

Keshia - I used to hate eggs TERRIBLY, but switching to Eggland's Best seemed to make all the difference for me. I do enjoy those immensely. It has something to do with what they're being fed, I believe. And thank you! :D I'm pretty excited as well.

Kerry - I probably will be giggling about my grumpiness soon enough. Shortly after posting I had my coworker start yelling in my face, and I was like "So. Done." so I walked off, and got the boss to let me have my way simply to piss her off. Pumpkin rice krispie treats sound amazing.

I sooo need a nap again. On the plus side, I'm 2/2 for meals today - normally I skip breakfast, but I'm on track this time! Going to go hibernate and knit for the rest of the day and hope I don't have to deal with anymore people. Really, really looking forward to walking this evening....
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Amy - Ooooooh yeah I think the only people that speak Spanish in Hawai’i are already in the military hehe. You should try for it anyway, just for kicks. Man DC is incredible though, I wouldn’t mind living there either. I went for a week while Marcus had training in Quantico; every day I would drop him off at the base at 6 and park my car at the rail station, take the train in and wander around exploring all the free stuff til my iPhone ran out of battery haha. Wait you speak Vietnamese??? That’s so awesome!!! I’m going to Ho Chi Minh City next May for a business field study… well we’re going to Tokyo, Shanghai, and Kuala Lumpur too… I’m super excited because I’ve never been to Asia before. My friend is getting me a copy of beginner Rosetta stone and I’d like to be able to speak at least ONE of the languages at a conversational level before I leave. It should probably be Japanese, but I wish I could learn them all. What is a “tonal” language? Haha I’m glad you don’t mind my super long posts… my brain is fried from school and I seem to ramble a lot now. Anyway Chile would be sooo fun! Have you guys been to South America already? Lol at “the parasite”.

Victoria – Hahaha “not the other kind” with mom. This made me crack up. I can’t believe we’re turning “low impact aerobics” into a dirty word hehe.

Sarah (rain) – Hang in there girly! You are one of the busiest people I know! You are right to be proud that even if the loss wasn’t as big as you’d planned, it is STILL a loss :) I think Kerry’s earlier advice to Kristina is right on for you too… if you can’t do all that other stuff… at the very least watch what goes into your mouth to start. Although that skinny Elvis sounds pretty tasty haha. Do you carry a bottle of water with you during your crazy schedule? I find that if I carry one of those big liter bottles, I end up drinking it sometimes only for the fact that it lightens the weight of my bag haha. The change from cream and sugar to powdered creamer is a win! Great job on getting those first two cups of water down. As soon as you read this, drink another cup please!!!

Pam – They teach BodyPump at my gym here but I’ve never taken it. I’m a little intimidated to work with weights around other people. What do you like so much about it? I’m so glad I’m not the only one to try and measure low impact aerobics hahaha. The story about how you and your boyfriend first met is crazy - you already knew then ;)

Hailie – I added you!!! Logging – I usually log from my iPhone because it’s fast and I can just use the barcode rather than search. If I’m doing a new food, I’ll wait til I get to my desktop because I think it’s easier to find a correct match or input a whole new one. Yay for new swimsuits and NSVs!

Bobbie – Wooooooohooooo I love your NSV! Yay for new/old clothes! I am so stoked for you!

Kerry – I’m with you girl, I love all food. My friend’s restaurant does this special dinner/cocktail pairing once a month called “Munch” and this month the theme is “Belly of the Beast” and I would looooove to go but it would absolutely destroy my chances of hitting 210 by Halloween.
    Check out this menu: Amuse Bouche. First course - Crispy Pork Belly Salad (Crispy fried pork belly, green papaya, roasted garlic, WOW farms tomato, whole grain mustard vinaigrette) Second course - Pan Seared Ahi Belly (Pan seared Ahi Belly, Chimichuri relish, fingerling potatoes) Third course - Zinfandel Braised Short Ribs (Zinfandel braised short ribs, polenta, roasted Hamakua mushrooms, tomato chutney) Fourth Course - The Elvis (A grilled peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich)
    Aaaaaah I die. Your color coordinated running gear sounds super cute! Having never done P90x OR much running, your plan sounds logical. And the stretching every Sunday is important. Anyway lady, I’m glad you don’t mind my superlong posts haha. Please please please don’t say that your life is small – you are doing so much and are such an impressive inspiration yourself! A few years ago I was the least politically/economically interested person and was a whole lot happier for it. I have all these thoughts and ideas but people who are waaaay smarter than me have been arguing about these things for a much longer time. My point is kinda like I feel that the people in power aren’t doing a good job looking out for us, so I felt the need to try and understand for myself what is really going on, and not just by watching CNN or Fox news. I think if a whole lot of small somebodies (even somebodies like me who hadn’t the slightest clue) can learn and understand more of what needs to change, then we can spread the knowledge and change the power structure. Somehow. That’s the hope anyway. Otherwise I’m just wasting a good chunk of time that I could be using to work out or make money to go buy a horse ;)

Kendal – Yay NSVs! Way to go hot mama! And you’ll have to let us know how HRM during LIA (low impact aerobics) works for you heehee.

Nava – Congrats on your letter yay!!! That is awesome that they’ll pay for visits home, I hope you get lots of them! Yay for Skype and Glominerals, boo for allergic reactions. Penguins in sweaters and baby giraffes and Tim Gunn – yup, I love your posts :)

AZ82 – Welcome! What is your name? Congrats on your engagement! Those are great goals, it seems as though we have a bunch of C25Kers in here at various stages so hopefully you can all support one another! I’ve only visited Boston once but I loved it!

Trina – Haha yeah silly work, always taking up too much time in our lives! We take a bit to get used to because the thread moves so fast, but you can always remind yourself of who said what when you click the number next to “Posts” under their avatar. It will bring up all of their previous posts so you can refresh yourself. I can never remember everyone I’m replying to so I open up a separate window to reply and type them in as I read each post. Hope that helps and hope your head cold gets better :)

Kiki – Hi! Have fun at class :)

Jessi – Okay now the deer thing makes sense! I grew up pretty far away from wildlife, so when I think deer I only think “Aww Bambi” :) Your day sounds rough, hope it gets better soon. Boo to needy coworkers and tech-challenged bosses. Crossing my fingers for your preggo test :)

Tasha – Welcome! My name is Tasha too :) Diggin your goals; I looooove massages but not deep tissue, I think I’m too much of a wimp haha.

Keshia – Oh haha I can’t believe you killed a bamboo. Oh wait I CAN, because one of the plants I killed was one of those super sturdy plants that grows in ROCKS and survives VOLCANOES and I STILL ended up killing it. So happy we can bond under our anti-green thumbs :) I have a number of friends who are pescatarians too – I see the benefits of the lifestyle but man I just really love meat. One of my girlfriends has a strange criteria… she won’t eat anything with four legs. So poultry and fish are in, but beef, pork, buffalo, alligator – all out. Your egg thing cracks me up. Keep ordering til you like it eh?

Lacey – Glad you heard back from them! Catch up when you can!

Lisa – Welcome! You will love these girls! Keep checking in with us to stay on track :) Sarah (rain), Hailie, Hosanna, Julie and AZ82 are all doing C25K now too, at various stages :)

Alright ladies I have to own up to something. I have been really, really bad about exercising since I’ve been back from Kauai. I think the last time I posted about exercising WAS the last time I exercised, except for kickball. Taking Bobbie’s idea a little further, I am printing up a calendar to stick on my desktop with my health goals on it so it will be staring me in the face. I have just been feeling overwhelmed with school and with my husband being away… bleh. The last couple days of cramming for my econ midterm my eating went to crap too. Especially since I pretty much failed it. Maaaaaybe scraped by with a C. More likely a D or F though. Ugh.

Anyway, last night at school the Yard House provided our dinner. Freakin phenomenal I love Yard House. But I pretty much ate my calories for the day by the time I got to school. I was reeeally craving meat (maybe my iron is off?) and the selection was mostly a bunch of pasta dishes, avo-swiss burgers, and top sirloin. There were salads but with all the crap on them I figured they’d be just as many calories, and I really wanted some meat. I was a little iffy on choosing a top sirloin that was delivered, so I went with the burger. I didn’t eat any of the fries or anything else, but when I got home I looked up the nutrition facts. 1325 CALORIES!!! YIKES!!! I was honestly expecting like 6-700 calories, maybe 800 tops. WTH 1325!!!! Jeez that thing must have been soaked in oil then deep fried. Sad thing was that it wasn’t even that good :( Yardhouse apparently doesn’t travel too well.

I am about to get off right now and do a short workout. We have our last regular season kickball game tonight so I expect to burn a lot, but I feel that I reeeally need to make up for the last few days of crappy eating. Oh speaking of kickball, we made the playoffs! Last week we played the undefeated defending league champions, and man it was close. Even with this loss, our record was still good enough to secure a spot. The last regular season tonight is against the 3rd place team in our division. If we beat them, we don’t have to play the defending champs again for two weeks; but if we lose, we have to accept that our season might be over after next week. I think we’ll win though ;)

On that positive note – I’m outtie! Hope you ladies have a happy hump day ;)
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Okay, attempt to catch up, round 2!

Hailie - I commend you for c25K! I suck at running, but I have it on my list of things to do!

Bobbie - GREAT NSV!

Kerry - noooo Doctor Google, hehehe, you'll find the scariest things out there :) I hope it's nothing. Sometimes hormone swings can cause sweating.

Kendal - THAT is an awesome NSV :)

Nava - CONGRATS! And yes, the housing being covered is HUGE! My husband and I mulled over moving there (he moved to the US when we got married, 4.5yrs ago) because his family is there and my family is scattered all over the US, so we thought it'd be nice to live close to a large group of family (we have a young child). But, cost was a huge factor. We own a house here, all paid off. We'd never be able to afford to own there :)

Amy - Still a great burn though :) Maybe I should invest in one of those, right now I just go off MFPs assumptions (and I have my setting at sedentary), but I lose a lot slower than MFPs projections. Perhaps my metabolism is just extra slow ;-)

Jessikerlaine - yay for being on track for meals!

Newbies: Hello!!! Welcome, and hope you all stick around :)

Reintro: I'm KiKi, turning 30 on Sunday (*cue screams of horror*), married for 4.5 years to Matt, daughter turning 2 on what happens to be Thanksgiving this year :) I'm currently in my junior year of college, studying Philosophy and Communications, and I live right by Boise Idaho. I'm a SLOW loser, I've been at this since April 2010, and I'm down nearly 75lbs. Nothing to complain about, but I'm amazed by some of the people that drop 100lbs in a year or something. I've been overweight pretty much since toddlerhood or something, and I'm currently lighter than I was in my senior year of high school :) Hmmm, what else, what else. I don't know what else :) Feel free to add me - I mean really. I could use some new blood on my friends list!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Lacey, sometimes I don't understand Drs offices...so nonchalant about the things that don't matter to them but could mean the world or whatever to us.

Jessi, I'm so with you on the nap thing...I was so unproductive at work today and then totally wanted to fall asleep. I get home, and I can't ever force myself to lie down...this weekend cannot come fast enough!

Tasha, I need you to think positively about your grades, at least until they come in. No use worrying about what you don't know when there's always plenty of other stuff to worry about.

I'm so not feeling the trip to the gym tonight, but I will so feel worse about it tomorrow if I don't go...hmmm...decisions decisions decision
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Amy - We didn't know it was gluten free when we tasted it and all fell in love. When they said it was gluten free we were like "yep. That's the cake!"

Annette - Way to go with the cm loss! You'll be disappearing!

PancakesTasha - BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA@HRM during Low Impact Aerobics!! Funny as, girl! As for Halloween, we all know about it, but it's considered mainly an American thing. A lot of people here think it's silly. :frown: You never really hear about halloween parties or anything. When i lived in adelaide, my friends and i had halloween parties, but it's really just not recognised very widely here. Very sad. Maybe next year when i've got my own house i'll convince Isaac to let me have a party. I love your posts girlie, they make me giggle!

RainSarah - Welcome back love. Life gets in the way sometimes, but as long as you're still motivated things will eventually fall into place for you! Way to go getting to week 7 of c25k, i've gotten halfway through week 1. That's awesome about cutting back on what you have in your coffee. I've pretty much stopped having tea and coffee (except for when i go to cafes!) because i have tons of milk and sugar in them - I now just drink green tea. Love it!

Pam - I LOVE Les Mills classes! I am going to go and try their new Sh'Bam class next week, the trainer who put my program together at the gym yesterday was raving about it and it sounds like so much fun! That is the cutest story about you and Tim :smile:

Kerry - We saw two houses yesterday, one was really very cute (SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!) but the other was, as my father would say, totally PANTS. Isaac told the RE agent straight out that there was no way we were going to buy it. hahaha. It's been on the market three years, and it's easy to tell why. I'm gonna try and get hold of a copy of the local paper today to get a list of opens for this weekend. I'm working both days, but i'm free saturday morning.

Kendal - It's nice hearing about another couple getting married after not being together for ages!

az82 - Congrats on the engagement! It totally increases motivation, that's for sure... I got engaged in January, and the closer it gets to the wedding the more motivated i get! I'm on week 1 of c25k (for the third time...) and love it already. There's a couple more of us on here doing it as well.

Nava - WOOHOO!!!! How freaking exciting!!

Keshia/PancakesTasha - I too am a plant killer. I have whatever the opposite of a green thumb is... me and plants are a no-no.

*SUGGESTION FOR ALL NEWBIES*
    If you all pop your name in your signature it makes it a lot easier for everyone to keep track of who we all are! :smile: (just realised that Amy said this too...)

Went to the gym for my strength program yesterday. The instructor has me mainly doing bodyweight exercises that work lots of muscle groups, so that should be awesome. It took over two hours to do it because we got along really well and just spent a whole heap of time chatting and being idiots. It was great fun. I attempted d2 of c25k afterwards, but was pretty wrecked, and had to get home in time for the open houses, so only got halfway through. Still happy i got that in though. My right leg is a little sore now, but hopefully if i give it a rest today it'll be fine by tomorrow. I've got my "supervised workout" tomorrow, just to make sure i can do my program properly. Yay!!

I've been trying to get hold of our mortgage broker all yesterday, with no luck. I'll be trying again today, because it would be lovely to get an appointment with him while we're in adelaide next weekend!

HOUUUUUSE!! Pretty excited.

Ok, off to do about a months worth of folding.
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    Amy--I too got a kick out of your "Parasite" . My best friend, her name is also Amy, was told since she was 18 that she wouldn't be able to have children. About a month after her 30th birthday she started getting violently sick with swelling in her belly. After three months and multiple Dr. appointments (complete with labs, and ultrasounds) the Dr. told her that she most likely had some sort of fast growing cancer (there is a huge family history of it), and based on the rate of growth--that the prognosis wasn't good, and they ran some more tests (all inconclusive). Another couple of weeks go by and vomiting got so bad that she ended up in the ER with dehydration issues. The ER doctor took one look at her and did a preg. test. She was about 4.5 months preg. She was so sick the entire time. I joked that if she could have held out a couple of more months we could have put her on that "I didn't know I was Preg" show :happy:

She didn't find me funny. Of course, she didn't find much funny at the time...

Her tumor is now a beautiful and rotten two year old.

-Katheryne
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    With all the prego talk, I guess my update is right on course. Last week we stared on Clomid (50 mg) and believe you me I am feeling it this week. I noticed ovulation had occurred based on what was expected and then tonight the pain is like I'm someone's punching bag on my insides. We just hope that it all turns out right and in it's own time.

I've finally decided that my fat jeans can't be worn anymore because I cannot keep them up even when I am standing still. A belt wouldn't help because of the 6-8" that I can pull away from my body would get all bunched up. I remember when these jeans fit just perfect last Spring. They are now retired!

I miss being around here as much as I used to but time is of the essence and work (both jobs) keep me super busy. Miss you all!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I loved loved being pregnant. And even giving birth wasn't that bad. But the two weeks after G was born? Ugh. I wasn't going to breastfeed because I'd had reduction surgery and knew it wouldn't really work. Wll then in labor I decided I was going to try and it was a complete disaster. I didn't have enough milk and the nurse wanted me to do it the way it worked best for her. And then getting her home and trying to do it. A week later and like five doctors appts with various specialists I felt numb and in shock and just wow. Then Gracie kept getting ear infections and neve slept for over two plus years. Doctors appts, no sleep, bad stomach and ears, me being I my last year of college with all 400 level religious study classes with the 15 page papers peer class each term. The last two and a half have been fun and getting to travel for work makes me feel like an adult again and not just a mommy. I needed that. Until that point though? Oy ve.

Hailie I fell into this job...I sell Powertrain systems to mining equipment manufacturers, oil people, material handling like container forklifts, etc. I swear our work should have a reality show since we are one of the only companies in this industry that has women in all three management positions. It's been inneresting
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to take a little break from keeping up with the board, it's become too much for me to keep up with. Plus work is keeping me way busy and I have a lot of stuff on an ongoing To Do List that has been on there for quite some time. I will still be around, just not as much, and definitely not being able to respond to everyone. I'll still log in and track food and exercise. Love you all and I will try to post selfish, all about me, updates occasionally.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I loved loved being pregnant. And even giving birth wasn't that bad. But the two weeks after G was born? Ugh. I wasn't going to breastfeed because I'd had reduction surgery and knew it wouldn't really work. Wll then in labor I decided I was going to try and it was a complete disaster. I didn't have enough milk and the nurse wanted me to do it the way it worked best for her. And then getting her home and trying to do it. A week later and like five doctors appts with various specialists I felt numb and in shock and just wow. Then Gracie kept getting ear infections and neve slept for over two plus years. Doctors appts, no sleep, bad stomach and ears, me being I my last year of college with all 400 level religious study classes with the 15 page papers peer class each term. The last two and a half have been fun and getting to travel for work makes me feel like an adult again and not just a mommy. I needed that. Until that point though? Oy ve.

Hailie I fell into this job...I sell Powertrain systems to mining equipment manufacturers, oil people, material handling like container forklifts, etc. I swear our work should have a reality show since we are one of the only companies in this industry that has women in all three management positions. It's been inneresting and I've worked for other companies who've been a"mans world" but never like this. Honestly I feel like I should whip out a big blue *kitten* once in a while and slap it on the desk and say "there, do I have big enough balls for you now?" lol.

Katherine that's nuts that no one could figure out she was prego before that!!

Hosanna yeya for gluten free cake! There is a cupcake place in town that specializes in gf food and we go there once in s while for Gracie. YEAY for a house, how exciting!

Tasha that belly menu sounds great! There is this restaurant in toronto I went to last visit called Beast and we go the tasting menu...they use it all. We got belly, sweet meats, etc. It was awesome. I applaud you for having the guts to play kickball. After having this punk *kitten* kid named Teddie in my class hit me square in the face twice in a row playing that game, I don't like balls, any balls, flying in my face!

Kiki you Aren't too far away from me and Sarah in Oregon living inI Idaho! 75 lbs loss is impressive.

Welcome Keshia!

Amy you should look up Origins restaurant in Toronto. We are going there again next month. YEAY for awesome food when traveling. It's the booze that kills me when I travel for work, not so much the food because I'm lucky to get two meals a day. I also bought the night circus but haven't started listening to it yet. I just finished Best Served Cold and am now listening to the second book I a series. It's slow to start but will be good. Night circus is next.

Annette YEAY for that fantastic loss of cms doing the shred!!! Proud of you! And thank you for continually pushing me to get back to logging. I really appreciate the kick.

Kristina hi! I think everyone agrees we'd rather have you around more even if it means you don't do our charts for us. I believe Jessie volunteered? Entirely up to you of course since you do a fab job. Anyways, glad to hear you are starting to readjust to doggie and new position and routine. It can be really hard.

Welcome Julie and Trisha2!

Welcome Kristi!

Pam thanks for that calorie link. It's right in there with MFP.

Kerry how'd the meeting go with the creepy dude at his house? Ick!

Bobbie I am also a bit weird with fruit and food. I like cherry pie. That's it. I don't like fruit on my waffles or on my pancakes with heps of whipped cfeam, that's just nasty.

Nava wow how cool to feed giraffes! London! I am so jealous! If I could pick my family up and move them I totally would. I think it would be amazing go liven in another coutry.

Kendal I've seen those single servings of steamed veggies too...how are they?

In other Lacey news...I've been reading about the paelo and primal lifestyle eating habits the past several days and today stumbled upon leptin resistance and how to essentially "reset" this in your body. It's very interesting and since I was a marine bio major for a few I actually get it lol. I might buy the new ebook about the paleo diet plan.
  • projectkristy
    projectkristy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread is crazy busy. I’ve read through every post and feel like I know all of you personally.

Katheryne…Nice to meet you. I can totally relate to the diet soda starting a downward spiral. My weakness is diet Mt. Dew.

Hosanna…You crack me up. You’ve got to love the “low impact aerobics”. As long as those parasites stay far away from me everything will be fine.

Bobbie…Awesome job on losing the 50 pounds. Your man is lucky to have you. My husband is not allowed to bring sweets into this house….I have no willpower. He keeps his stash in his truck. We’re both happy that way. Congrats on your NSV…I can’t wait to start putting on clothes that start to fit again. My closet is full of every size and most are too small. Depressing.

Amy…I’m sorry, I thought I read you were living in California. My fault. Germany sounds wonderful.

Pancakes…I love this group already. It gets pretty lonely out here in rural America. That’s why I’m glad I have my online buddies.

Rainvc…I’m also at 232. I’m right there with you on the water. I’m going to have to look into these Clif bars they sound really good.

Pam…Body Pump sounds like a blast. When I lived in the city I did something pretty similar to this and it was great for staying in shape and a lot of fun. I hope Power Pump is similar for you.

Hailie….Yay for the NSV!

Kerry…A friend of mine gets night sweats and she has hyperthyroidism. Are you taking any medication? Sometimes it could be a side effect. I hope you figure it out. I love the comment about you stirring soup that made me laugh.

Kendal…It’s so nice to hear how your hard work is beginning to show. Congrats on the NSV.

Jessi…How exciting about the possible pregnancy. You had me cracking up with the Penis virus and parasite comment.

Caramel…Great goals! The deep tissue massages scare me. Hopefully one day I will be brave enough to get one. I heard there painful and amazing at the same time.

Nava…Congrats! Are you moving to London? I have a nephew who is in the Marines and is stationed in London. They absolutely love it.

Lisa…Welcome. I’m also new here.

Kiki…That’s my nickname. My nieces could never say Kristy and it came out Kiki and stuck. It’s really nice to meet you. I just have to say, 75 pounds is Awesome!

Lacey...I've seen alot on the Paleo diet. It sounds interesting.

I hope I didn’t miss anyone, if I did I’m sorry. Today was day 3 for me on 30 DS. I normally do it in the morning, but today was a clinical day (which means up way too early) when I got home I had absolutely no motivation to get it done. I posted a comment on my wall here about lacking motivation and the support was amazing. I ended up putting in the DVD and getting it done. I'm aching from head to toe and can barely make it up my front porch steps but all is good. I just pray that I can make it out of my bed in the morning. I also found out today that I got a job working at the hospital. We’ve been pretty financially strapped since I started school and it will be great to start working as a nurse. I probably should get to bed now. It was great reading up on everyone’s NSV it’s pretty motivating to see how far all of you have come
    Nighty night.
    Kristy
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Will somebody please help me understand how to get two windows opened at the same time so that I can respond to people - feeling very frustrated (and a bit useless) that I can not respond to every(any) body becasue I am feeling overwhelmed. is this the point that I should give my apologies and leave becasue I am unable to be a supportive group member......it's just I don't want to because I love you all so much and you have helped me so much and hopefully I have been of some use to some of you.................I now feel like a toddler mid tantrum so is time to go.

Have a good day all xx
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Annette - using your computer (not a smart phone), use the mouse - the right sided button and click on reply once ... This should open a box that gives you the option to open in a new window/screen... You can flip between the screens by going to the bottom of screen.... Another way to open a second screen is to minimize all the screens and double click on the desktop browser icon... A 3rd way to open another window - in the upper left of screen, it should give the option to open a new window... Good luck....
  • qofsheba
    Options
    Believe I missed all goals for my challenge. I can't get the weight moving...although I've shifted now to a 189 - 191 swing through the week. Maybe I will manage to be .5 by tomorrow.

My goals for challenge:
    - 4lbs by Thanksgiving
    water, water, water
    Figure out my calories. At 1200, usually a bit below, I am barely losing--although clothes are looser than my weight indicates.
    increase/change up exercise and food.
    Either increase a.m. workout or add pm workout. 30 min is enough to feel good but not pushing the lbs.

My "theory" based on feedback from a lot of you is I am eating either too little or not the right stuff. I stay w/i the guidelines but think I need be be lighter on carbs and heavier on protein.. This week I relaxed a bit and dropped the "New Orleans visit" weight pretty fast.

I'm watching someone at work lose weight 3x faster than me on a crazy diet. I know that they never ever work for me. But still I am teen-age jealous.

Bought Zumba for the Wii fit. After struggling to get it all going, I tried a bit of it last night.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Wednesday: 2631 cals burned/ 1836 cals eaten/ 795 deficit.

Sheba: Isn't it frustrating to watch the weight melt off someone? I've seen people on Atkins (or whatever extreme diet it is vogue at the moment) lost tons of weight and I always get a bit jealous. Of course, those same people eventually go back to eating "normal" and gain the weight back oftentimes, and that keeps me from doing the extreme diets. Slow and steady is the way my body seems to like it.

Annette: I can't help you any more than Victoria did. Hope it works for you!

Kristy: Congrats on the new job!

Lacey: I know practically nothing about the paleo diet, so please share what you learn with the class. I HATED being pregnant. I had ALL day sickness for the first 2 trimesters and the last trimester I was plagued with knock-down migraines that had me in the hospital a couple of times a week. It was HORRID. Then the kid was born and didn't sleep for 3 years (read that: WE didn't sleep for 3 years). I only have the stamina for that kind of crap once in my life. I'm just finishing up the Night Circus today. It is a magical story that it was super-easy to get lost in. I ADORE it. Seattle is still on the table as a possible next duty station for us as well, so we might end up in your neck of the woods. We'll have to wait & see!

Kendal: Don't disappear entirely, we'd miss you too much!

Kerry: You are EXACTLY right, we have our whole lives to "come home" and that's the way we see it too. This Air Force thing is an adventure and, when it ends in 8 years or whatever, we'll settle down and begin boring, regular life at home. Until then, bring on the adventure! The tonal languages aren't really all that hard, they just take some getting used to for English speakers. If you are tone deaf (with music) you will have troubles but most everyone else can learn a tonal language. If you have a particularly good musical ear, you will do better than most. I am musically inclined so I found Vietnamese to be way easier than German as Vietnamese is way lighter on the grammar and more musical. I love languages, I could go on an on but I'll stop there.

Keshia: Keep at it and you'll be in those mid-goal jeans in no time!

I ran/walked on the treadmill this morning and then did Yoga X this afternoon. The yoga was particularly hard after that leg workout last night (all those freaking warrior poses were making my quads SHAKE like a mo-fo!) but I got through it. I'm still on my TOM but the scale is SLOWLY coming back into a reasonable weight-area. Hopefully I can post a loss this week as I think it's been 3 or so weeks since I've lost anything at all (and one week I gained).

Jenn: What's the pain from? Do the drugs make ovulation hurt or your period cramps more intense or what? Yay for too big fat jeans!

Katheryne: Wow that story about your friend is crazy! I LOL'ed at the "her tumor is now 2".

Hosanna: What flavor is your gluten free wedding cake?

Bobbie: Did you make it to the gym?

Kiki: You're in pretty good company here - we've got a few slow losers around here (me included).

Tasha (pancakes): most Asian languages are tonal (meaning that the tone a word is said in can change it's meaning - ma can mean either mother or ghost based on the tone associated with it). I believe that Korean is the only Asian language that does not use tones. I'm totally jealous of your trip to South East Asia. I have always wanted to visit Saigon and the MeKong River Delta. Enjoy it for me...k? I have not been to South America before but The Hubbs lived in Paraguay for a couple of years before he joined the Air Force and he's super-psyched about the possibility of going back to South America.

Jessi: I think Eggland's Best eggs are way tastier than regular eggs. We don't get them here in Germany but I buy organic, free range and it's almost the same.

Welcome Lisa!
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Victoria: I Love you - so simple when you know how!!!!!!! Thank you :flowerforyou:

To all - apols for my mini tantrum earlier - have been out for a long walk and feeling loads better:blushing:

Tasha: well done on your goals for last challenge and good luck with 6 hours sleep - I couldn't survive without my regular 8!!! Found your calorie checking v. funny - suggested I should perhaps try it out but Hubby could not see the fuinny side!!!! Oh, and I love your responses Miss Pancakes!!!

Rain: Back on the wagon lady - we are here to crack that whip for you!!! You will get past 232 this challenge - I can feel it!!!! Also good luck with the water drinking and I think you aer right - instead of worrying about what you should be drinking start from where you are and add one step at a time.

Pam: how did power pump go - anything like body pump? Also, congrats at your size lost - yes, it is a great feeling!!!!!

Haillie: yeah for all the 'checks' last thread and you can do week four of c25k

Bobbie: yeah for clothes that now fit - much more satisfying than heading to the shops don't you think??

Kerry: re night time - I find if I eat vertain things later in the day I wake up with sweats (too consistently associated with food to possibly be anything else!!!!) so it may be worth checking food/drink intake on days before this happens - good luck

Kendal: you are gorgeous. Don;t stay away too long girlie - we will miss you. An update on where things are at would be good.

Nava: pencil me in with Amy!!! And of course you will do better this challenge

Lacey: hope your results arrive soon - I would think they will be good since you haven't heard xxx

Got to go - off to cinema - will try to catch up later xx
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Good morning, gals!

Pay day today! I'm amped. I drank 6 cups of water today!!! Let's see to it that I at least match that today!!
This discussion has been closed.