200+ Sheddin' the Stuffin

Options

Replies

• k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I'm way behind, so please forgive me if my comments no longer make sense to anything you gals remember talking about, but I feel like I need to catch up with what you're all doing :-)

Kendal: Your story about the 5 week announcement is super funny! I love when mine says I'll lose some crazy amount of weight in 5 weeks. I usually put a comment in my diary talking about LIES! Girlie, don't kill yourself with that overtime...money is nice, but it's not worth your mental health! Besides, cuddle time makes everything feel better!

Lacey: I keep telling myself I need to go out dancing, and then I still sit home. I used to go to Salsa night at least once a month, if not twice, and now I haven't been since almost 2 years ago...really sad! You are right about the whole coordination thing for the games and/or aerobics classes. I can dance my *kitten* off to some latin music, especially with a great partner, but I all of the sudden lose my right foot when I have to do some choreographed stuff. Every time you mention Ideeli, I keep thinking about looking, but I am so scared to buy clothes on the internet because I never return things in real life, so I highly doubt I wouldn't waste money if something doesn't fit. Besides, being between sizes all the time makes it even harder. Maybe when I get down some more. Sorry to hear about your dad's accident, but I'm glad he's ok!

Nava: I keep seeing those advertisements for McRib everywhere, and I've seen them every year, but I can't see what the appeal is. Honestly, they look and sound pretty nasty to me. Please enlighten me on the appeal because I would so rather that McDonald's bring back their hot fudge brownie sundaes...Now, THOSE, I can get into :-D

Hosanna: I'm thrilled for you that Mr. Man is finding his libido. It's really depressing to sleep next to a man every day/night and only be touched once in a great while.

Jessi: I'm glad your body got itself back in order! As much as we ladies hate TOM, it's no fun when he doesn't come around without a legitimate reason. I'm sitting here thinking about your whole circumcision conversation and trying to figure out how a conversation like that even starts. I'm all about telling people to mind their own business or just ignoring them completely.

Hallie: Keep focused on that school work; we will still be here after exams are done!

Annette: Are you really looking at food/exercise choices for after New Years already??? I can't even figure out what I'm going to eat two days from now O_O

Keshia: I'm an everyday weigher too, and I used to only log on my "official" day. Then I started joining so many challenges that I couldn't keep track of the official day anymore because they were all different. Now I log all losses and only log gains when they stick for an entire week (thankfully that hasn't happened). The key is to not let the scale determine your happiness, so if the weighing starts stressing you out, then stop.

Rain: I'm super scared to do anything on the treadmill besides walk. I don't run much yet, but when I do, it's on the indoor track. I saw a guy the other day at the gym fall right off the end of the treadmill while running. He, luckily, stayed on his feet and jumped right back on, but I could so see me falling with my face hitting that treads...no thank you! Holy cow with the run from hell! I'm just super proud of you that you kept going after everything going wrong..You ROCK!

Annette and Amy: I LOVE card games. Have you two ever played canasta? Mom taught me that one when I was only 5 because no one likes to play against her since she always wins. We constantly argue with each other over playing CaNASTY instead of canasta...lol

Amy: A mediterranean cruise sounds absolutely amazing!!! And now that I've read the follow-up, I'm disappointed with you, although happy about the family visit, but yeah, bummer! I completely understand the selfish part of wanting soccer to be over, but the good thing is it will keep him busy, out of trouble, and healthy...there is no making up for those things :-)

Pam: I keep thinking about trying a spin class, but I'm really afraid I won't be able to keep up. I hear from others that it's pretty intense! I'm amazed at all the different things you try for exercise!

Sarah (WnT): Sometimes learning how to say no is one of the hardest lessons. The key to helping others is that you can't let it take away from you and yours! Find your focus, prioritize, including getting some hubby time, and decide who needs you the most. If others can't understand that, then **** 'em, if I may be so blunt! Ok, the bra size thing is absolutely AMAZING!!!

Karen: Welcome back!!! Congrats on the house, and boo on the weight and cholesterol! The great thing is that you know how to get it done because you've done it before! Good luck on getting the position!

Kiki: Trust the process and let the scale catch up. Whatever you do, don't stop because the health benefits far outweigh the drama the scale brings!

Megan: Yay for your loss!!!

Katheryne: In NJ, when I was growing up, we rarely had stay at home snow...here in NC, we have stay at home snowflakes. It's hilarious and aggravating at the same time!

For those who complained about the first payday of the month when bills are due...it is even worse when you only get paid once a month when the bills are due :-/

Work has been kicking my *kitten* this week! I can really tell that testing seasons are going to be the death of me. Not only do I have to analyze all the data, but I have to try and make my colleagues understand that they need to DO something with the data to make it useful. For some reason reteaching, while a buzzword, has little meaning in application.

So, one of my goals for this challenge is to walk that lake trail 3 times. Well, as of this morning, I have one under my belt, and my body is screaming at me for it. I thought the trail was only 5 miles because of my wrong turn last time, but it is actually a good 7.19 miles around the lake. I was fine until after mile 5 was up, then the body started complaining, and the complaints got louder and louder. Bad thing is, there's no stopping once you start and get that far; you have to make it back to your car, and there are no shortcuts. Interesting thing is that while my daughter and I were walking, the bf calls and now he wants me to walk it with him on Tuesday, if the weather holds up. I just hope my body stops aching by then so I can do it again. That would be two times down in the same week.

Now that I'm caught up, let's see if I can stay that way.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    So, today has been awesome. Tiring, but definitely worth it. Spent the morning at my parent's house and made a Goodwill run with my mom. I found some warmer running clothes for the winter months. NO more freezing my buns off...literally. Then, Joe had to go to work at the church. They are opening a coffee shop and he is writing the Point of Sale software for them. I spent the time perusing Target, where I got Wiggle a brand new Darth Vader costume for $5!! Picked Joe up and came home. He immediately took Wiggle and went to the local bowling alley for his friend's birthday party. Twinkle and I are watching Strawberry Shortcake in our pajamas and eating leftovers. Speaking of eating...I've only had 488 cals today. I need to eat more, but I am not hungry. I also didn't work out today, so, I'll have to be selective with what I fill that gap with.

Jessi: I want snow. Please. Even if it's just a little. And, I think cloth diapers are not for the faint of heart. I applaud you. I have been couponing for so long, it didn't even occur to me to do cloth. I diapered Wiggle for his first two years for $100 and Twinkle's first year for $35. Her second year was close to $100, but I wasn't looking as hard for the deals either. That includes wipes, too. So, they can both be economical, but being sure you are doing what works best for your family.

Amy: I am with you on the whole laundry thing. I don't mind putting it in the washer. Moving it to the dryer and then folding it. But there is something about putting it in the drawers and closet that I can't get over. I am the same way with the dishes. I can load and hand wash all day, but unloading the dishwasher? Can't do it. WTHeck? Really!? Oh, and I will be trying the butternut squash casserole. We still have three from our garden and I was at a total loss after the stuffed squash and the soup...in which I was too liberal with the chipotle, so it was like butternut fire soup.

Lacey: I think you are totally onto something with the protein breakfast. When I was eating strictly protein for breakfast, I was great until after I had fed the kids lunch. I wasn't dying to eat. I'm sorry about your dad and I am praying for him. It is hard to lose your job...even if there are circumstances that make it less surprising.

Pam: I just love you, girl. Your dedication is inspiring. 'I can't go to my gym, but I WILL go to the gym!!" OH, and here are my size 16s. *hands pants through computer* Pass them on when they are too big for you. I expect they'll be moving on by Christmas. ;)

Welcome, Annasgyal!

Kerry: *waves* Helllloooooo!

Kendal: feel better soon, sweetie.

Ok. That's it for me tonight. I have to go to the kitchen and force-feed myself something good for myself...not halloween candy. hmmmm......
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Amy: My speech was an informative topic about general college admission...Originally I was going to do the rivarly between UT-Austin Longhorns and Texas A&M Aggies--I am slightly biased on that topic so my instructor changed my topic for me. While I was giving the speech the technology died on me. At least I have the "I went first so *kitten* happens" excuse. I freakin' LOVE the game UNO!

Keshia: What are you going to school for?

Nava: That is so great about London (sorry, I am a bit late on the cheers!)

Jessi: I would be happy about TOM if I was in your situation too.

Kendal: You'll be able to run a 5 minute mile with Mr. Reunion soon!

Sarah(wiggle): (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Karen: Welcome back! Good luck with work!

Bobbie: I am very thankful for you ladies always being here!

Kerry: I love your picture!

As for me.........................

I decided to look at my goals since week two of the challenge is almost done......

1.)Try completing week four on c25k.....no matter what I know you ladies will support me no matter how many times I have to do it. Haven't even tried it, urgh.
    2.)One day during the week stay within my calories WITHOUT using my wristband. HECK YES!
    3.)Water, water, water! HECK YES!
    4.)Don't disappear.....even saying "hi" counts as not disappearing. You ladies be the judge of this one.
    5.)Go one day without my "usual" suspects. Kind of, still working on it.
    6.)Schoolllllllll get my butt in gear because finals will be here before I know it! Eh, is it summer yet?

I had to do this "check" to keep myself in line.....I was thinking too many times I make goals, forget about them, then look at the end of the challenge to see if any of my goals were completed w/o even thinking about 'em.

I can tell I've lost inches because I feel my hips. Why the h e l l didn't I measure myself when I started? I still haven't measured myself because I am scared too, and I forgot how to even though you ladies sent me a link a while back on how to do so.

I have a HUGE migraine.....deli meats with nitrate makes me SICK! BLAH!

Money problems suck, a lot. PM me if you want the entire rant.

I had a facial the other day, holy *kitten*, when they were using the extractor I had A LOT of blackheads in my nose! EWW!
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I just did some calculations. There are 56 days until the New Year. If I lose 2.12 lb per week, I can be at goal weight and enter the new year on maintenance -- for the first time in my life. So, I am looking for friends to make a 56 day commitment to be HARDCORE with me. I'm talkin' balls to the wall, let's get 'er done, no messing around for 56 days. Who's with me?
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Bobbie - Conversations about child care, especially parenting decisions like circumcision, seem to be amazingly abundant in my life. I blog a lot about things like that, because I seem to be the odd guy out a lot. What precisely do your colleauges think the point in analyzing data is , if it's not to analyze it? O.o Some people seem to lack common sense.

Sarah - Glad you had a good day! :D And holy crap I want a Darth Vader costume for $5. No. Joke. I'd gladly share my snow with you. :D Give it a month or two and I'll be sooooo sick of it. Your "cloth diapers are not for the faint of heart" surprises me - really, either way you're dealing with the same thing, and some people see the "omg there's poop in your washer!" but there is when you have a diaper explosion all over clothes, too. :P AWESOME job saving money on disposables, though! That's seriously very, very impressive. Also, gratz on the almost being to maintenance!

Hailie - HI!!!! :D I've missed you!!! :D Also, I've never had a facial, but I've used those Biore pore strips and eeeeeeew, blackheads on noses are so gross, and I always have a ton. WTF is an extractor?

Went outside a bit ago and had an awesome snowball fight with Nerd. It was great. However, I did it without gloves (I gave him mine to go over his because he's suuuuch a girl about the cold! :P) and in a dress and leggings, so I am FRO.ZEN.

Time for bed. So enjoying that extra hour of sleep. Only thing definitely on the agenda for tomorrow is a fashion show I have to go to for work. Hopefully that doesn't take too long; I don't really care for fashion. :P
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Checking in for Saturday: 2909 cals burned/ 1869 cals eaten/ 1040 calorie deficit. My leg workout from yesterday has my legs all sore and achy, but not as bad as last week (maybe I'm getting stronger). It also has my scale being not so nice to me. Grr. I gotta take some measurements so that this whole battle with the scale doesn't drive me insane.

Jessi: I'm jealous of your snow. We're still having autumn here. It got really super cold for about a week or so and we thought it was going to snow, but then the temps came back up and we're still enjoying the brilliant colors on the trees for a bit longer. I love snow. My Bernese mountain dog loves romping through it and I love watching her "frolic". You can come organize my kitchen any time!

Sarah: I'm with you on the balls to the wall thing (I wish I could be with you for losing 2 pounds a week but that just won't happen with me - no matter what I do).

Hailie: I don't remember who posted how to take your measurements but I'll give you another site that tells you what to o: http://www.ivillage.com/how-do-i-take-my-measurements/4-n-142316. It doesn't really matter where you decide to take your measurements at, it really only matters that you measure the same place every time you take measurements so that you ensure accurate readings.

Bobbie: That is a major walk around your lake - great job!

On deck for today is P90X, taking the kid to soccer and finishing up an assignment for biochemistry. Have a great one!
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! I'm here, I'm alive, I'm just SUPER busy at the moment! Had a lovely time in town, my dress looks incredible! I got to spend some time getting to know some of isaacs friends and their girlfriends/wives a bit better. We had an amazing time relaxing at our hotel getaway, and life is friggin sweet!

I've not had much of a chance to catch up on any of your lives (sort) but I am thinking of you all.

Karen - no word on any houses yet! So happy for you finally being in yours!

Pam - didn't get four in a row, but as of this afternoon it's six out of seven... I am SO not used to this!

###### pass on weigh in this week! #####
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good Morning :)

The weekends just seem to fly by... ugh. Weigh in: 211.4!!! (down 1.8 lbs :). My TOM came, so I'm surprised it's a loss at all, but I'll take it :)

Hailie- I'm working on my doctorate in clinical psychology. I'm only in my first year, so I have a million more to go (well 5). What are you studying? I'm jealous of your facial. I loveeee facials and spa days. It's on my agenda for 50 lbs down. It would be fabulous to make it there by my birthday in Feb, but that's unlikely. Well, a girl can dream :)

Jessi- I'm so glad you all have the snow and not me! Even though I grew up around an abundance of snow, I much prefer warm weather. The snow hasn't made it my way yet, but I have a feeling that pretty soon it'll be upon us....

Bobbie: That's an awesome walk! 7 miles is such an accomplishment!! And I love that pretty much once you start you can't stop. That's great motivation to see it through to the end.

Keshia
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Well i'm on night shift at the moment, so i thought i'd use a calm moment to try and catch up a little with everyone! I haven't done individual posts since page 10!!

Jessi - Not often this is said, but WOO for TOM!

Amy - Sorry about Loki - I WOULD take him if i could! I booked them in as soon as i got my reminder notice that they were due for their checkups... i can't stand the thought of one of my babies getting sick! Sorry to hear about the cruise :frown:

Ami - I can't wear heels. I'm a size 44, and i'm 5 foot 10... I'm taller than Isaac already, so even if i could ever find nice heels to fit there'd be no point wearing them, i'd tower over him! Also, i find that when i 'fail' at one of my c25k days, i just do it again tomorrow. Learning to run is a marathon, not a race - we need to take our time and pace ourselves!

Keshia - House hunting is quite fun... i like the idea that soon we'll have our VERY OWN corner of the world! It's getting harder and harder to get to that point these days, i feel like we're so lucky to be in a position where home ownership is possible! I weigh every day too, but only to track my sodium/water retention.

Kendal - I just figure that i don't care what anyone else is doing in the gym, so they're probably not paying any notice to me either. My trainer actually recommends running intervals, so if anyone questions it, i can be like "Emma said so!" :smile:

Megan - Hurrah for better food choices! AND for a loss! You are totally superwoman!

Pam - Hmm... S&M Cafe, eh... :wink:

WiggleSarah - Sorry you're so stressed out and busy and unappreciated!! :flowerforyou: Awesome to see you're making balance a priority! Also, no word on the house yet! AWESOME for shrinking boobies!!

Karen - Welcome back to the wagon! Now that the super-stressful house stuff is out of the way you can focus on your health again!

Crystal - Welcome BACK girlie!! I'd been wondering where you'd gone! We all have times where we go in the wrong direction, we just gotta own it and move on :smile: Glad you're back!

RainSarah - YAY for a loss and a getaway! Isaac and i had our night in the hotel and it was the best thing we've done in ages. we really needed it!!

Katheryne - It was like heaven! Then we started our Saturday with a 6:30am sauna and spa. Can you say luxury?? :happy:

Lacey - Sorry to hear about your dad :frown: that sucks, but at least he's ok!

Bobbie - I've never been as happy as i am right now, with Isaac having a libido! I can hardly keep up with him!! It's so awesome. I know it's probably a lot to do with his antidepressants, but i like to think that maybe i'm getting a little more attractive to him :smile:

OH MY GOD I"M CAUGHT UP!!!

It is now 11:50pm.
    I don't finish work until 7am.
    I'll be checking back to see if anyone has said anything for me to stay awake reading! :tongue:

ETA - Also, sorry Karen, i thought it was you who asked about whether i had a house yet... i just kinda had a connection between you and houses... sorry if that confused you completely!!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hallie: You look gorgeous in your new pic!!!

Jessi: Unfortunately, teacher training programs talk about reteaching and remediation, but don't really train teachers about the how, why and when to do it. So, when most look at test scores, they just see the grade and say I'm not surprised this kid scored so low; they don't do x, y, and z. Usually the discussions become much more behavior focused because no one wants to believe that their instruction might be flawed.

That 7 miles from yesterday is going to be the death of me, especially if the boyfriend really does stick to wanting to walk it again on Tuesday...every muscle in my body is sore this morning. I did, however, take the extra hour I woke up for this morning and turned on the Wii Fit to play. Apparently, while it calculates my center of balance as being way off, I have great balance on the yoga exercises I did...hmmmm I was really surprised, though, at how much of a sweat I built up doing the hula hoop and boxing games...wow! So, yeah, I'm loving my mommy right now for getting the whole set up for me. I think I may get Zumba for myself for Christmas.

ETA: Totally forgot ****************************************Weigh-in 297.0************************************************************

How's that for exciting???
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Pam: how was the zumba class and, di you manage to get up for 6??? You go for onederland by Christmas xx And yeah - two sizes down and new jeans - you are doing sovery well :flowerforyou:

Katheryne: enjoy the thought of the flowers - he remembered which is amazing (I am with you on the $s though!!!!). Snow already - love it and all that but I need it to be new year before it comes else I get really fed up at how long winter is going to last.
    Pleased to hear that Hubby liked your pizza!!!!!

Karen: welcome back - when do you get to move into your new house?? Best wishes for getting the new job xx

Sarah: welcome back - not a selfish b...h for saying no at times - you need to be able to look after you and yours to be able even considering looking after/helping others - and even then, that needs to be in moderation. Sorry about your chicken and hope the burn was not too bad. Also, prayers to your frined - hope they sorted the problem. Yeah for the new mesurements - you must be over the moon :drinker: Have you done banish fat / boost metablolism - if so do you have any feedback?

Ami: don't let the not so good choices outdo all of the good ones you have made - it is really difficult to get home at any time of night and then face cooking - at least you have identified a way to get round the issue - next week you will so have wednesday covered xx

Keshia: hope your guest lecturing goes/went well - very scary!!! Let me kow how you get on with six weeks - have to say I am enjoying it (and have stucj to it properly unlkie the shred)

Crystal: stay with it lady - and there is no failure in admitting to what is going on!! So, you gained last challenge, doesn't mean you can't kick the butt of this one. 35 days smoke free - that's like five whole weeks. Congrats lady you have this beat xx

Kiki: yeah for geting into the new eating regime - is it preventing the snacking you were doing - I would find it extremely easy to just enlarge the size of my lunch - break it down into bits and ignore the act that I was now eating more, not less, than when I started.

Jessi: good luck with the c25k - keep us up to date wtih how you do.

Amy: hope your headache's finally gone - sorry to hear about the cruise - but super exciting to have your mum and neice coming. Are your boys feeling better yet - I hope so as I too hate the whingey phase of them being poorly. Sorry for familiy issues raising their head but WELL DONE Lady - you bucked the candy and found a way to deal without eating (which never works anyhow) - wtg. Great to hear The Kid is doing so well with 'soccer' and that he is getting into the dvd with you - now to try and encourage mine.......

Lacey: thinking i may well try those pancakes - need to work out what chia seeds are though!! Sorry to hear about your dad - is he okay? :flowerforyou: - for being there for Amy xx Really great that your new eating is working out so well - here's to not feeling hungry :drinker:

Megan; yeah for the scale number - hope your Friday was as good as you thought it would be

Rain: the scale has moved -you are back on your way yeah xx Don't you just hate it when things interrupt what you are hoping to achieve - especially when you heve your mind focussed into a specific goal xx You are going to have the best weekend - congrats on five years and enjoy...........

Kendal: sorry you are feeling poorly - hope you better soon xx

Marie: enjoy your vacation and you will get scale moving when you return - blah attitude banished xx

Kerry: well done for geting back down. Glad you okay and hope next week is calmer for you.

'Anna': wtg on weight loss already and welcome xx

Julie: well done to 'owning up' - get into filling in the diary - that will make you accountable for your food intake!!!

Bobbie: reason I am thinking of first two weeks of new year is two fold: 1) am currently working on my 100 days goal - okay will be way off 100/100 for anyhting but it is keeping me thinking and 2) my birthday is two weeks on from New Year and my brain seems to take that as: well, no point in worrying about behaviour as birthdya around the corner when (in all probability) I will spend time with my mother and eat for England. Theref ore - while not looking at specifics (i.e menu planning) - do need to have some sort of 'plan' or it will go to pot (and that will mean literally as far as my stomach is concrened!!!).

Hallie: good going on catching up with your goals already - you are going to totally kick a% with this challenge

Sarah: I AM WITH YOU GIRLIE - need to get bakc on track with my 100 and what better way than to share. (ps does the 56 include today??????:wink: )

Amy: keep it up. Get the tape measure out. You are working so hard lady the prize will be yours (oh not been on the diaries yet but I will!!!!!!)

As for me - up two lbs today - that'll teach me to eat so much (well hopefully). Daughter was supposed to be coming back at two - it's now 2.40 and no phone call - not that I am at all over protective and worrisome. Still following dvd and managed to run yesterday (pleased about that as had missed the last two weeks). Am going to try the butt kicking last 56 days of this year - don't think I will manage the weight loss Sarah hoping for but will be over excited if I manage to contain myself for 56 days......One day at a time though eh!!!!

Post is very long- but have caught up in one go.

Kristina: thinking of you and hoping you are well wiegh in this week +2 (feeling so fed up about it can;t be doing with working it out in lbs - hope that okay)

Vicotira: hope you have had a great break

Love to all xx
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Just call me Snotty McSnottyton. OMG This cold is just getting worse and all I've been doing is laying around, blowing my nose, snuggling with Mr. Reunion and eating comfort food.

********************************Weigh In 213.0**********************************

yeah, that's a slight gain. But like I said, I've had lots of comfort food in the past 3-4 days so I'm not surprised or ashamed of it. I'm going to skip the overtime today. I don't think our inventory levels will suffer (they seemed to be getting down to normal on Friday anyways) but I may see if I can work from home tomorrow.

anyways, it's time to get ready for church.

thanks for all the well wishes ladies. I love yall so much :heart:
  • hkallembach
    Options
    I just deleted about 20 "friends" off of Facebook...yay!
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day. However, I have school work to complete, and then prepare for the upcoming week. Tomorrow is my exercise day. I typically exercise twice on those days, so talk about burn out! But that is the only way that I can get my exercise to fit int my busy schedule. So far it has been working. I ordered three new DVD'S from Amazon, one came, and I am waiting for two more. This should help with switching up my exercise routine, so that my body does not become accostomed to certain exercise routine.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Hiya ladies. Food not so good today. Breakfast was okay but then my mom let Gracie pick where we ate for lunch- pizza. Sigh. I ate a salad but had one small piece and a regular size piece. And I've found that for some reason I've been hungry an hour to two hours ahead of when I should be hungry today. So not sure if its because of the weekend or because the protein shake I am drinking instead of the eggs isn't working for me or what. But I just ate a piece of cold pizza, hangs head in shame. I am going to need to down the water tonight in the hopes that I stay full and get the sodium out of my system since my official weigh in is tomorrow. God I hope I hold onto that 3 lbs loss. If not, I may start changing my weigh in to Fridays...but we will see what next week brings before I make that choice.
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's weigh in had me up 0.2 lbs which brings me to 300.3. I'm hoping for about 3 lbs lost this week. Today we went out the First Monday Trade Days and I walked for at least 2 1/2 hours at a modest pace and oh my feet are feeling it. I had my foot brace on and was still in pain most of the time. I pushed through and hubby and I shared a scooter since he is still in physical therapy for his foot. We were there at least 4 1/2 hours so the walking was all I counted.

Food did pretty well today because of all the extra walking. I almost ended up coming home with a new dog but then hubby reminded me that we are probably getting a chocolate lab this week from one of my students. I told him if I could have 100 puppies I would! They are just so cute!
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options

>> 203.9 <<

That's my Saturday weigh in.

Super tired tonight - went out last night and 'tied one on'. Then my daughter didn't feel like sleeping in like she normally does... and she's been super busy! Just got home from my parents for an afternoon/dinner visit and about to put her to bed.

Still not working out regularly - feet are still bothering me - going to have to do something about this...

I'm hoping tomorrow is quiet at work so I have a chance to actually reply to some posts and get to know this group better!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Update on the spinning bum: Okay, yeah, I'm totally sore/bruised down there from spinning. BUT, it's not nearly as bad as it was when I tried spinning 3 years or so ago, so I think those padded bike pants definitely help! The soreness isn't enough for me to not spin again though; I'm going to convince Tim to go with me to a class this week once my bum has healed. :smile:

I don't track my sugar on my log, but just for curiosity's sake I looked at my sugar count for this week....holy cow! It varied from not so great to awful, depending on the day. I know I need to take the total with a grain of salt because it's mostly natural sugars like fruit and milk, but there has been some Halloween candy and some ice cream that wasn't needed....I didn't think I was doing quite as bad as I apparently am with sugar though. Guess I should pay more attention to that.

Lacey, I waited to go grocery shopping until the game started, and, like you said, it was a ghost town in there! Nice way to get the shopping done. I haven't been eating as much protein for breakfast as you are, but I notice a big difference in my eating when I have a good amount of protein early in my day too. If I have a really good breakfast, I'm good until well into lunchtime. Love that! About the pizza...yeah, I'm helpless against the powers of pizza, so I know your pain.

Amy, I welcome any new recipe you want to send my way! I'm planning on making the butternut squash casserole you posted sometime this week, but I'm not quite sure what to make with it. What did you have with it? Very cool that you've gotten Gabe to dance with you!

Jessi, yay for snow! I say yay now, but I'm guessing that by February I will be wishing it was spring. Your snowball fight made me want to have one though! Great way to burn calories too. :smile:

Bobbie, I worried about spinning being too intense too and it's definitely a crazy workout, but at the same time you can make the workout harder and easier depending on how you're feeling. If it gets too hard, just lessen the tension on the bike. I was actually surprised how fast the 40 minute class seemed to go by. What a great walk you had! Since it was around a lake, it probably had the added benefit of being a pretty walk too. Nice!

Sarah, aww, thanks! One of my goals for this challenge was to try lots of new types of exercise so I'm determined to do it, even if I have to drive to the other side of town. I'm with you on busting it out through the holidays! 2 pounds a week doesn't usually happen for me, but I'll be working my butt off between now and then for sure!

Hailie, I saw that you started c25K; woohoo!

Hosanna, 6 out of 7? Wow, you're on roll now! That's awesome!

Annette, I didn't make the zumba class last week (I did zumba at home instead), but maybe sometime this week. Great job with your run!

Kendal, boo for still feeling sick...hope you feel better soon. So nice of Mr. Reunion to snuggle and hang out with you while you're sick!

Jenn, if you get a chocolate lab you have to post pics!
  • az82
    az82 Posts: 152
    Options
    Well, it's been a fabulous weekend .. but not such a great one for the weight goals, I'm sure. Oh well, I'll weigh in tomorrow and see what the damage was. Went out with a couple friends on Friday and then the boy and I got to spend a whole day together on Saturday - that almost never happens since we are both usually holed up in the library studying. We didn't do anything special really - had brunch, ran some errands, went to the mall. It was just so nice to spend some quality time with him. Of course, now I'm really far behind on work and I'll be kicking myself in the butt all week trying to make up for the lost time - but it was well worth it!
    Today has been much better - ate within my calorie goals and finally got back to the gym! Did some weights and the arc trainer. To tell you all the truth, I've been a bit scared to continue on with week 4 of C25K but tomorrow, the plan is to try day 2.
    Also, I tried something new for dinner tonight - baked sweet potatoes topped with black bean salsa ... oh my. I would never have thought to pair them up but it was absolutely delicious! I am definitely going to be eating this more often!
    Don't have time for individual responses now - hopefully will get a chance to catch up tomorrow!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I read everything, typed out all sorts of responses... and deleted it. (Well, my cat deleted it. She's getting pretty handy with the keyboard lately.) Blech.

Went to a "fashion show" today for work. If that's how clothes that are "in fashion" look, I think I'm glad that I don't weigh 5 pounds. :P It's slicker out there than I could possibly believe, and I have the worst possible balance - I even broke the hell out of my tailbone when I was 12, sliding down icy stairs. It's supposed to be warm enough out there tomorrow the ice should melt before C25K time; otherwise, I'll do it inside. Noooo excuses for me! :D
This discussion has been closed.