200+ Sheddin' the Stuffin

Options

Replies

• wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It's a Bailey's with some hot chocolate in it kind of night. Luckily, I have the calories left...because I don't think it would matter. Nothing I did to myself this time, just some CRAZY children and a iate night for the hubby. They are sound asleep at 7:40. Now, where did I put that bottle?
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Wow this has gone nuts since I went to bed!
    Last night was crazy sucky. A patient died at 430 this morning. She was expected to soon, but it just sucks when they die on night shift. I'm just glad that I made the decision to phone her family when our guts told us it was time. We called them at 345, they arrived around about 4, and at 430 they came out to tell us she'd passed. It was a huge relief for them all (she had three separate cancers) and she looked peaceful. But still... SUCKY thing to happen on night shift!

I'll try and get in and read everyone's stuff if I get a chance tonight!
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Checking in even though I am 7 calories over today. I noticed today at lunch I was famished and I think it was my body catching up with me from yesterday and all the extra walking and it just needed protein majorly!

Well, I am supposed to start my TOM this week but if Clomid working I might not. We shall definitely see how things go as the week progresses. I am not stressing about but I'm also not cramping like I normally would be during this time which is new.

Hailie- I will adopt you! :)

Ladies I will be back tomorrow and able to chat more. Gotta hit the hay now so I can be bright and bushy in the morning.
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Okay - thanks for lettingme moan yesterday - spent the day not worrying about food intake / chores etc. Daughter off school poorly so had excuse to not do anything so spent most of the day in frot of my 'natural light' lamp. Today - feeling back to normal (whatever that may be) and ready to go.

Have skimmed through posts (sorry for not too many replies):

Sarah: I'm here lady and raring to go - 6w6p complete for today - circuits planned later and porridge consumed for breakfast - the day has started well....(Wont manage a 7 mile run in a million years but wtg you)

Amy: I'm with the others - with the inconsistency of this lady would be really worried about the kind of care she would give - if possible perhaps you should opt for the other one. Sorry I have not been diarying - will catch up with yours but will start mine agian from today.

Rikki: :flowerforyou: Hubby going away again tomorrow so really feel for you.

Lacey: thanks for info on chia - will look for it and see what I can do (my cuinary skills are rather pathetic but I do try!!!!)

Hallie: :smile:

Kendal: feel better soon

Kristina: let's hope this week is calmer - and well done for no pizza take outs - one step at a time, the race will be run xxx

That's all I got time for - happy tuesdays all xx
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Checking in for Monday: 2632 cals burned (not bad for a rest day)/ 1704 cals eaten/ 928 calorie deficit. My day did NOT start off all shiny and bright. It started off with the phone ringing at 6am. The Hubbs was quick and got it on the second ring (he was already awake & downstairs next to one of the phones). He talked to whoever for a minute and then made a phone call, I rolled over to go back to sleep. Then the friggin' phone rang 4 more times. There was no going to sleep after that. It turns out that The Hubbs' work was testing their recall roster to make sure everyone's info was current and everyone knew who they were responsible for calling (it's like a phone tree). Well, the way it SHOULD work is someone calls you and you call the next guy on the list and that's it. Is should NOT involve MY phone ringing 5 times at 6am. Grr. I'm also still in limbo about the dog. The lady from yesterday never replied to my texts, phone message or email so I'm pretty sure she's just blowing me off. I have 2 other people who said they are interested so we'll see which one pans out. I need to get the dog gone not just for my sanity but for The Kid's health too. He's been making himself sick to his stomach with worry over the dog for a week now.

Annette: Get back to the diary!

Jenn: 7 calories over is nothing!

Hosanna: I'm sorry that you lost a patient but I think it's really awesome that you were able to contact her family so they could see her before she passed.

Sarah: Bailey's in hot chocolate sounds yummy. I probably would have had that last night had I had any. I only had tequila and vodka and I wasn't really in the mood for hard drinking despite my stress level.

Katheryne: Bummer about your Wii going tits up - no me gusta. Yay for the new, smaller clothes!!!

Lacey: I managed to lower the carbs and calorie content of my pizza crust by using whole wheat pastry flour (more fiber) and rolling the dough Uber thin. Oooh Kerygold butter is the bomb! You'll never go back to regular American butter. I gotta try that pasta sauce recipe, it looks good!

Annasgyal: Wow! 9 miles is super!

Tasha: Welcome back! Good luck on the kick ball.

Bobbie: What's a rat dog? (chihuahua?)

Hailie: I'll adopt you.

Jessi: I have fibromyalgia and my major trigger for a flare up is stress. Eating less chemicals and working out every day has my symptoms mostly under control but stress (like this stupid dog situation) makes me flare up like nobody's business.

Victoria: I'm glad you had a great time. I'm so drooling over pumpkin cheesecake.

Kerry: I'm so happy you are exploring Peas & Thank You. If you like the recipes you find there, it's definitely worth dropping the $15 for her cookbook - it's freaking fabulous!!!!!

Have a great day ladies!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Amy: Ratdog = chiweenie/jack russel mix and she's driving me up the ****ing wall! My daughter won't let me take her to the animal shelter, but she also won't find her another home. I just had the cops at the house last night 9pm for her barking. She barks all the time when she's outside, no matter what is going on...a leaf causes her to bark. She doesn't do it as much inside, but I'm not home enough to train her so she can stay inside alone, and I don't want to deal with her as soon as I get home, so she needs to find a new home. She's sweet, but I'm just not that attached.

I was wondering if anyone was thinking about starting a group for us that way all of our challenges could be in one place for easy referencing. We could also start a thread for all of you who like to share pics and/or recipes and/or whatever, and it would all be in one location. Now that they've finally given us the capability, we might as well use it, no?
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies. I know that quitting isn't really an option because that will only make me fatter.

Also, you all are cooking junkies! I love to cook, but feel I never have the time to really prepare or think out a meal. Plus it's usually just me and the kids. The hubby doesn't like new things or vegetables etc. So I'd have to scale everything down to a 2 portion meal. I don't have enough room for freezing left overs as our deep freezer just went out. BOO! That plus I'm kind of beat azz tired by the time I get home I don't want to cook. I try to cook on Sundays for the week, but then I get so tired of xyz by wednesday that I give up and end up throwing it out. So which one of you wants to come over and cook for me? I'll pay you in love, hugs, and wine.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I went to bed at 9:15 last night and immediately fell asleep. I woke up around 7 with Lexi's head on my feet. It was adorable and surprisingly comfortable. Normally when she lays on me I want to move. But that amount of sleep finally kicked my cold to the curb. I think I'll give it one more day before heading back to the gym. No overtime this week, thank God! But the time change is screwy because it's so dark so early now.

My sister is getting married Friday. The service is in an airplane, so basically we're just having a reception.

The scale is still up from the other week. Gotta work on getting that down.

ETA: Rikki, I freaking LOVE your profile picture! It's so sexy (I can say that without it being weird, right? lol)
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i think a group would be awesome!!!! :drinker:

lacey-not sure what tortillas are your fave, but i make pizzas on those. just assemble and bake at 400-425 until done. the crust ends up being almost like a cracker. i love it. This would be another way to keep your carbs a little lower. I don't make doughs (or yeast breads) very well so I can't give advice on that. (Everytime i try to make a bread that involves yeast, it does NOT work.)

amy- don't you just HATE it when something disturbs your sleep in the morning?? i know i do. and sorry to hear about Loki stressing you and your family out. That's a bummer.

kendall- how is that going to work with the service being on an airplane!?
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I did great with my exercise and calories. I am unfortunately one of those that weigh in everyday, and so yesterday I was at 231.0, and today I am 231.6, however, I am not mad about that, because I think back on when the scale read at my all time high at 242.0! So I certainly have come a long way in the 56 days I have been on MFP! I am taking the slow and steady approach, and so far it seems to be working. I have broken my weight loss down into groups of 10 pounds, and have given myself, 2 months to lose each set of ten pounds. I lost the first 10 before my scheduled time, and I have my next ten pounds to be lost by January 6th. So far I seem to be on track so far, and hoping to finish this set of ten pounds before my deadline like I did the last time.

Today is my off day from exercise, and I have to basically be out of my apartment for three hours, because I have the exterminator coming today. So I guess walking around the mall, should burn some sort of calories. I wonder is I should track that? Hummmmm....
  • anvy0530
    Options
    I was looking at how to make a group and I think we should definitely do that. I'll do it if Kristina, Victoria, Lacey or Kendal don't want to. We need a name and a badge image (Kendal: I'm looking at you for the badge image as you're really good with stuff like that).
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Ok, I made a group for us. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/131-200-super-pals I named us the 200+ Super Pals as Super Pals seems to be the oldest term I know of for the chicas on this thread. I made the older members: Kristina, Victoria, Lacey, Kendal & myself able to moderate and make changes to the group (I don't wanna be the only one responsible for our groupness but I'll happily share the responsibility :bigsmile: . I invited as many of you as I could remember to be in the group but I'm sure I left people out, so all you need to do is ask to join the group as I made it public. We can decide later on if we want to make it public or private and put up a banner and an image. I just wanted to get the group started so we can play around with it and figure out how it works.
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This is definitely a quick post because today is extraordinarily busy!

Tasha- I totally understand about school being so busy. I have work up to my ears this week. It's like all of my professors got together and plotted to make this the week from........ Hang in there girlie! It's almost Thanksgiving :)

Annasgyal- We have essentially the same weight loss goals. I started at 240 and my goal for now is 150.... You're like my weight loss twin!

Katheryne- Congrats on the new clothing!!!!! I can't wait to love shopping again :) I have this really cute dress in my closet begging for me to wear it, but I wouldn't dare go out in public in that thing until I shed another 15-20 pounds.

Victoria- pumpkin cheesecake! I would show absolutely NO self-control lol. I hope you enjoyed it :)

Kendal- Married in a plane? That sounds amazing :) I love when I hear about unique wedding ceremonies because I know how special that must be for the bride and groom. And how fun will it be to tell there grandkids about a wedding in a plane?!

As for me, I'm super proud of myself this morning. I knew that I had a ton of work to do today, so last night I promised myself I would take advantage of fall back and wake up an hour earlier to work out. I went to the gym, stopped by the post office, dropped clothes off at the cleaners, ate breakfast, and started my laundry all before 9 am. That's HUGE for me because sleeping is quite possibly my favorite hobby lol. 5 months ago, I would have NEVER woken up an extra hour early just to hit the gym. *Happy Dance* I'm hoping my eating can stay on track this week so that I can finally shed the 210's!

Have a fantastic day :)

Keshia
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    No one will be at the wedding other than the bride, groom, pastor, witness and pilot. (or maybe the pilot is the witness....) So yeah, we'll just all be there to celebrate at the reception when they get there.

Amy- Yay for making a group! I'll try to figure something out for a badge/banner. Off the top of my head, it'd be cool if I could find a pic of all the female super heros and do something with that. If I had any ounce of artistic ability in me, I would draw us as super heros, but I have NO talent in that area. I'll see what I can do......
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Amy- thanks for making the group! Let me know if I can assist in any way!

Karen & Tasha - welcome back!!!

Here's week #2's weigh in:

Name, Starting, Last Week, This week (difference)
    (fyi: if you passed on weight, you're not included, but I did make note on my spreadsheet)

Kendal 213.4 212.2 213 (+0.8)
    Lacey 209.4 209.4 206.6 (-2.8)
    Amy 190 193 191 (-2.0)
    Kerry 159.2 158 158 (0)
    Hailie 249.3 250.2 249.8 (-0.4)
    Nava 230.2 227 229.4 (+2.4)
    gonnadoitjenn 304.8 300.1 300.3 (+0.2)
    Pam 211.8 210.8 209 (-1.8)
    wigglentwink 171.1 171.1 171.1 (0)
    silver02bullet 209 212 207.5 (-4.5)
    Bobbie 301.4 303 297 (-6.0)
    ladyg0915 262 263 264 (+1.0)
    Sarah (rainvc) 232.1 234 231 (-3.0)
    Katheryne 280.8 279 280 (+1.0)
    jessikerlaine 262.2 ? 261.9
    Annette 173 171 173 (+2.0)
    earthsember 214.2 212.4 212.8 (+0.4)
    Tasha (pancakesmajor) 211.4 ? 214.8
    wowmama 213.6 210.5 203.9 (-6.6)

This week's winner was wowmama with 6.6 pounds lost!

We had some great losses this week, and I have to give a major shout out to Bobbie for no longer being in the 300s! Proud of you lady!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    So, we have the group area up and semi-functional. Do we wanna move this thread over there and just continue the conversation over there? We can start a thread with the same (or similar) name and finish out this challenge over in that location and close this thread down. Thoughts?

Kristina: I made you a moderator and gave you the ability to edit the group so if you want to add or change anything (in the description of the group or whatevs) - please go for it!
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Kendal ~ Awwwww, no it's not weird at all!! It just made my day for sure!! Thank you!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I would prefer to have only ONE place to comment on, etc.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Okay I looked at the group - I'd like to add the verbage about if you stay through the first challenge you join THEN you will get added to the next challenges list. And it looks like we could start a new topic under that group for the 200+ sheddin the stuffin and just start a new topic for each challenge right?

EDIT: I added the verbage above to the group description.

I think once everyone finds this group from our thread we should start a new topic for the 200+ sheddin the stuffin.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Replying here for now, since there's no post for this under the group... but GAH! So excited to have a group!

Bobbie - I am thoroughly impressed with your calf raises and squats. If I find an exercise boring, I'm SO not repeating it 200 times....

Tasha - Welcome back! :D

Sheeeeeba!!! Yay for having clothes without an X! :D

Hosanna - Sorry your night was so terrible; I'm glad you called your patient's family so they could get to spend her final moments together.

Amy - Sorry the world decided they needed to call you a billion times this morning. I have psoriasis that is terribly exacerbated by stress - which, then, stresses me out more. So lovely. Also, thanks for making the group!!

Rikki - I'd totally come cook for you, 3 meals a day! :D I love to cook, so very much.

Nerd is sick this morning, poor guy. He gets sick once a year at most, though, so it's not the end of the world. I'm dead tired this morning, and trying to be halfway productive at work again today. I want to have my desk cleaned off and everything actually filed by Friday (or Saturday, since I'm doing a game then) so my stuff is all done before my boss comes back.
This discussion has been closed.