What food do you miss the most?

Options
124»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    gummy bears....not just any kind mind you...but the ones from Germany... I don't chose to eat them much anymore (can't recall when I last did), I do have pretty much whatever I like in moderation other than those. I realize they simply are like a piece of rubber in my tummy and not worth the cals or the feeling!:laugh:

FC:heart:

goomy bearen
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options

:noway: Bacon-flavored floss???? I have bubble-gum flavored ACT Mouthwash....:ohwell: (The kid stuff is the same strength but cheaper.)

Bacon flavored floss :laugh: :laugh:

Oh yes...Bacon-Floss - it's great! :bigsmile:

Yes, I see that your smile is fabulous. :bigsmile: but, bacon floss :sick: :wink:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i realized today how much i missed cheesecake and onion rings...:sad:
  • fiddlechic
    Options
    I miss everything I used to eat and I'm not strong enough to have smaller portions. eg: pizza, burgers, big mexican plates with refried beans, queso tortillas. I do make the healthy versions of all these things but it just isnt the same:(
  • eammarx
    eammarx Posts: 56
    Options
    A huge bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos and eating them in one sitting. French and pizza fries dipped in ranch. Oh and REAL french fries... oh and Red Robin Garlic fries
  • jeanettevallance
    Options
    I found out I was celiac (no more wheat, rye or barley for me) 5yrs ago. Getting used to not eating any bread, pasta, and pizza were the tough ones. Gluten free bread is gros for the most part but since I have to stay away from that it makes this discipline easier. I can find some things that mimic the ones I miss but not the same. No cakes, pies etc. Count your blessings. I will never enjoy these again... not even in moderation.
    On a good note though it does make losing weight easier. I feel much better so that makes it ok.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I live in Alaska, so we get fresh seafood all the time... I don't miss the HEALTHY seafood, though... I would love to have some deep-fried halibut with my home-made macaroni and cheese. :sad:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I miss brown sugar poptarts. My mouth is watering just thinking of them.
  • beachbum5283
    Options
    what I miss eating....A&W Poutine! lol...omg it is my weakness. last year i went 5 months without eating and then i caved in because i had a stressful day and thought i deserved one...well that one did me in and i was eating poutine about once a week till the end of 2008. 1 large poutine is 810cals and 72carbs! lol...I now have learnt from my "mistake"....no more fries.....bring on the salads! :drinker:
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    Turtle cheesecake!!
  • LeahNicRN
    Options
    Waffle House Cheese n' Eggs with hashbrowns covered & peppered, bacon, & raisin toast. Hmmm...this is about the time to eat it too. :)
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    Orange chicken from panda express, Tempura, and fried Ice cream.

I will not dare to think that I could limit myself with these foods. Therefore, I stay away from the temptation. :blushing:

I think the people who can taste their favorite foods and not over eat should pat themselves on the back for doing such an excellent job.:flowerforyou:
    Options
    For me it would be chocolate ice cream. I don't even dare think about having it in the house because I would eat every bit of it.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I second the Ben and Jerry's Phish Food!!:love: its sooooooooooo yummy!! 1 tub - 1 film.. all gone... enough said! :laugh:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey back atcha! Enjoy Montreal...if you are veggie...you should go to Aux Vivres on St. Laurent just North of ave du Mont Royale! It has the most delicious vegetarian food...I always bring people there. The veggie pate is delicious and they make their own chapati bread for sandwiches which is deelish! Say hello to Montreal for me :)
    Annette
    Confession...I really miss poutine...I know it is awful...and I work on a stroke unit for goodness sake! It is easier to stay away from the fry/cheesecurd/gravy gooeyness now that I don't live in Montreal anymore...Thankfully!!
    A.
    (but I miss Montreal..tu me manque...:()

hey hey .!!

didnt know we had an other french canadian on board :happy: i'll be in montreal next week and i have to say that one of the first thing that came into my mind was the head straigh into a Lafleur and get a poutine and steamed hotdogs... (tofu ones coz im vegetarian... although i think the poutine sauce is ok, i still have a speck of a doubt... and have eated it before) will try to stay away .. deep breath ...lol
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts! How I miss thee! S'Mores, I loved the way your chocolate and marshmallow fluff created a cute little pattern when I bit into you, and how you had a graham cracker crust. Chocolate fudge, how I miss the rich, chocolate-syrupy goodness you contained. Hot Fudge Sundae and Gingerbread Cookie, we never got to know one another, but I feel like I know you so well just from staring at your boxes.

I just can't ever justify including you in my diet. At least ice cream has calcium and some protein! Goodbye forever! :sad:
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Big Mac, Filet O Fish, Quarter Pounder, French fries, icey coke, thick shakes, sundaes, and apple pies!!

Anyone remember that jingle? I love McDonalds!!

How about "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickle, onions, on a sesame seed bun!":laugh: :laugh:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Big Mac, Filet O Fish, Quarter Pounder, French fries, icey coke, thick shakes, sundaes, and apple pies!!

Anyone remember that jingle? I love McDonalds!!

How about "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickle, onions, on a sesame seed bun!":laugh: :laugh:

Imagine the music if you would please......

Oh I wish I was already there instead of here playing this song,

somethin' somethin' ... wouldn't give any to my dumb brother.....

Do you recall that jingle with the little girl sitting at her piano recital dreaming about the golden arches.... I wish I could remember all of the words.
    They had a similar one dealing with summer camp....