Protein = fat

Options
cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
Ok, so Protein does NOT equal fat. However, my point is, if you are eating alot more protein to offset some other thing like carbs just be aware that the Meat food Group has more fat then the dairy and carb food groups. So it's important to pay attention to your fat intake. As always talk to a doctor to find out what your body is missing to know the best diet for yourself.

A side note: eating alot of fiber can help reduce the amount of fat your body absorbs.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ok, so Protein does NOT equal fat. However, my point is, if you are eating alot more protein to offset some other thing like carbs just be aware that the Meat food Group has more fat then the dairy and carb food groups. So it's important to pay attention to your fat intake. As always talk to a doctor to find out what your body is missing to know the best diet for yourself.

A side note: eating alot of fiber can help reduce the amount of fat your body absorbs.

unless your eating lean proteins...

so i'm not really sure of the point of this entire post, since fats are not bad for you, nor do they make you fat
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Your post has alot of misinformation in it. Could you please rephrase?
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    But fat doesn't make you fat
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I was once afraid of fat too. Chances are if someones fat intake that far out of control, chances are their diet is comprised of junk and/or way off balance.

Rough guidelines

1g protein for every lb of body weight or 1.5g for every lb of lean mass.
    .4g fat for every lb of body weight.
    Fill in the rest with complex carbohydrates.

Water
    Rest
    Train
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    fat can make you phat
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    But I thought fat was high in protein?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    So you're saying that meat contains fat. Thanks for that.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Deleted
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    BROSCIENCE
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat meat or fat to get protein. Not that either meat or fat is bad for you, I'm just sayin'
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I was once afraid of fat too. Chances are if someones fat intake that far out of control, chances are their diet is comprised of junk and/or way off balance.

Rough guidelines

1g protein for every lb of body weight or 1.5g for every lb of lean mass.
    .4g fat for every lb of body weight.
    Fill in the rest with complex carbohydrates.

Water
    Rest
    Train

Holy ****taki noodles! 1 - 1.5g of protein per pound?! :noway:
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Groundbreaking. *stunned*
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    epic-fail1.jpg
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    epic-fail1.jpg

Awesome
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I know how to make a birdfeeder out of a pinecone and some peanut butter.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Awesome

thanks, I try :wink:
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options

unless your eating lean proteins...

so i'm not really sure of the point of this entire post, since fats are not bad for you, nor do they make you fat

:D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    You can get proteins from other sources than meat. Meh, I eat meat at least 2 times a day without trimming the excess off. Total calories is what matters more than anything else.
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Umm, my chicken and salmon have lots of protein and very little fat.

Salmon does have a bit of fat compared to chicken actually, but fat that you need.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I know how to make a birdfeeder out of a pinecone and some peanut butter.

We did that in Girl Scouts. I thought it was a shameful waste of pb.