Protein = fat

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    A wise MFPer once told me cheeseburger = headphones. I think the same applies here.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I know how to make a birdfeeder out of a pinecone and some peanut butter.
    I can write my name on a wooden fence with my own pee.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    99% lean ground turkey or turkey cutlets . . .
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I can write my name on a wooden fence with my own pee.

pics or it didn't happen

or better yet, video...
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options

No idea why but this just made me seriously laugh out loud. As in, everyone stare at me, laugh out loud.

Thanks!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Ok, so Protein does NOT equal fat. However, my point is, if you are eating alot more protein to offset some other thing like carbs just be aware that the Meat food Group has more fat then the dairy and carb food groups. So it's important to pay attention to your fat intake. As always talk to a doctor to find out what your body is missing to know the best diet for yourself.

A side note: eating alot of fiber can help reduce the amount of fat your body absorbs.
    Drinking too much water = death
    See what I did there? Just as silly
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    1) all I did was point out that the Meat food group, NOT PROTEIN, is the highest food group for fat. Alot of people think dairy is the highest in fat.
    2) I never said fat was bad for you, but too much of anything is, and I see alot of people suggesting protein instead of carbs, so if that's the case it's good to be aware of the amount of fat their eating.
    3) If you already know this then this post wasn't for you.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    Every post is for me, it's on the interwebz, if it wasn't for me in would have been a pm.

making blanket statements is dangerous
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    repeat
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Shrimp = meat
    Fat (shrimp) < Fat (cheddar cheese)

BOOM! Just shot your whole post all to hell.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    But fat doesn't make you fat

You stole my answer.
  • cee134
    Options
    Sorry for trying to help people. Guess I'll stop. (not really) Since alot of people are being told to sub protein for carbs. In which case their fat intake will go way up, and yes too much fat is bad for you. If you are unaware of this then the suggestions made by other MFP is really bad if your looking for a sub for carbs.

People just research a diet change before you make any changes. As always talk to your doctor first. That's all I care about people knowing.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Sorry for trying to help people.

You get an E for effort...but it's not really helpful to make blanket statements that only confuse people and add to the massive amount of misinformation on the internet.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    1) all I did was point out that the Meat food group, NOT PROTEIN, is the highest food group for fat. Alot of people think dairy is the highest in fat.
    2) I never said fat was bad for you, but too much of anything is, and I see alot of people suggesting protein instead of carbs, so if that's the case it's good to be aware of the amount of fat their eating.
    Wait American Cheese has about 94 calories per slice and 62 calories from fat. I wouldn't call the low if more than 50% of the calories is from fat...........

This to me is just another animal lover thread.
  • cee134
    Options
    Shrimp = meat
    Fat (shrimp) < Fat (cheddar cheese)

BOOM! Just shot your whole post all to hell.

Good for you, you made a incredibly narrow observation which doesn't make the whole statement true. Since I said the meat food group. I did not say meat, I did not say all meat, you should read more closely to what people type. What you should of done, and I'll help you here, is prove that the dairy group has more fat then the meat group, which it does not.
  • cee134
    Options
    Wait American Cheese has about 94 calories per slice and 62 calories from fat. I wouldn't call the low if more than 50% of the calories is from fat...........

Look, it's science. It's in any book. The Meat Food group, has more fat then the dairy food group. This is a true statement, and proven 100% of the time. But yes you can find cheese that has more fat then small amounts of meat. But over all, as a food group Meat has the most fat. That is a fact. Like water is wet.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Did you know my next door neighbor has three rabbits?
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Something very important about meats. They may be high in fat when not prepared properly, but they are the HIGHEST and most EFFICIENT way to get protein per gram servings in complete form, with the best amino acid chains for muscle growth, repair and overall health, B's, iron etc. So for overall health, lean meats, as well as (some high fat) fish, reign supreme in regards to calorie> protein ratio.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I know when I substitute protein for carbs I eat lower total calories which is all that matters...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I love animals. Not in a weird 'keep Fido away' type of way. But as a group, animals are pretty cool.