Fear Thread! What are you afraid of?

Options
123457»

Replies

• rockabillymama
    rockabillymama Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    my ex turning my older daughter totally against me...and my husband turning into my ex
  • Moeincognito
    Options
    Even though I am 23 I just cannot stand the dark, when I'm alone in it, I get this horrible panicky feeling in my chest and I freak out a bit, if there's another person with me I'm cool, i've been like this since I was little.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have really bad anxiety, and have had panic attacks for the past month. I have gephyrophobia [fear of bridges], agoraphobia [fear of having a panic attack] and I have a fear of traveling on buses, trains, any type of transportation except cars.

Life sucks for me! :sad:
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    Options
    Driving on the freeway & over the freeway overpasses
    giving birth to my future children
    death & those close to me dying.

I have that fear too "Giving birth to my future children." I blame my anxiety for it.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have really bad anxiety, and have had panic attacks for the past month. I have gephyrophobia [fear of bridges], agoraphobia [fear of having a panic attack] and I have a fear of traveling on buses, trains, any type of transportation except cars.

Are you seeking any help? I was a highly anxious person, most of the time in a general "I don't know why I feel panicky" way but the older I was getting, the more my emetophobia was interfering with and taking over my life. I finally went to therapy and when the therapist said she thought she could take my levels down from a constant 9 to a 1-2 I went along with it, but in my head I was saying, "Yeah, right. Not going to happen." First, I got on Zoloft (well first Celexa, but that didn't work)...then 10 sessions of CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) later...my anxiety level is nearly always at 1-2!!!! OMG, she REALLY did it! I have since been able to stop taking the Zoloft and my quality of life has never been better...despite some pretty bad things that have happened to me since then...life is STILL better than it was.

I don't know if you're getting treatment or not, but if not, I strongly encourage you to! It can change your life and it can get SO much better. Anxiety is so much more than 'feeling scared'...it takes over your whole body and all of your thoughts. Most people don't understand that except those of us who have lived it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I am afraid of success... If I put all my engery and effort into losing weight, what do i do when I meet my goal...........
    The majority of people have no idea how to deal with it when it happens, so many end up subconsciously sabotaging themselves to avoid it.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Being in a situation I can't control
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Tornados and sharks.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    Options

Are you seeking any help? I was a highly anxious person, most of the time in a general "I don't know why I feel panicky" way but the older I was getting, the more my emetophobia was interfering with and taking over my life. I finally went to therapy and when the therapist said she thought she could take my levels down from a constant 9 to a 1-2 I went along with it, but in my head I was saying, "Yeah, right. Not going to happen." First, I got on Zoloft (well first Celexa, but that didn't work)...then 10 sessions of CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) later...my anxiety level is nearly always at 1-2!!!! OMG, she REALLY did it! I have since been able to stop taking the Zoloft and my quality of life has never been better...despite some pretty bad things that have happened to me since then...life is STILL better than it was.

I don't know if you're getting treatment or not, but if not, I strongly encourage you to! It can change your life and it can get SO much better. Anxiety is so much more than 'feeling scared'...it takes over your whole body and all of your thoughts. Most people don't understand that except those of us who have lived it.

I tried to go to a psychiatrist who referred me somewhere else but they won't help me unless I have medical insurance which I have no money for because I lost my job due to my anxiety =(
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Heights and drowning!
  • airn230
    Options
    Bugs never bothered me. I'm a country girl at heart.
    Escalators, I got my shoe lace caught in one as a kid, NEVER liked them since. I'm ok going up, going down is what gets to me.
    I'd rather take the stairs, then be rushed to get on one.

I honestly thought I was the only person scared of escalators...same thing...okay going up but not down. I hate elevators too!! I am also scared of heights, so I am thinking all three are kind of related. lol
  • dbecker70
    dbecker70 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Losing a loved one!
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    .....being followed.........at night
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    Spiders..............and heights!