i love my bf but.......

Options

Replies

• SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think the OP needs to give us some more details!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    It's not normal for relationships to be a one way street. Not with the right person. Without knowing ALL details, I have to assume that they don't have the same definition of what being nice, respectful, inviting, loving, etc., to each-other means. It's a horrible feeling to feel unappreciated, that's what she's sounding like to me right now.

I'm fairly certain it was a joke...think about it for a bit =)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    It's not normal for relationships to be a one way street. Not with the right person. Without knowing ALL details, I have to assume that they don't have the same definition of what being nice, respectful, inviting, loving, etc., to each-other means. It's a horrible feeling to feel unappreciated, that's what she's sounding like to me right now.

I'm fairly certain it was a joke...think about it for a bit =)
    Thumbs up.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    A statement like that usually has 2 truths in the long run.

1) It will never get better,no matter how hard you pretend it is.

2) It will only get worse and end a thousand times unhappier then is right now.

Wow, how to make life seem so simple :-)

It usually IS that simple. People try to piece together a relationship out of fear of being alone and end up settling for someone they KNOW they aren't right for.

Take it from me on this one.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    umm what? :noway: :sick: :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: :yawn:
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who wants to beat my head against the wall reading this?!

The OP summed up her relationship in two sentences. How can anyone give her any type of advise based on that?!

Who knows, maybe her boyfriend is married to someone else. Maybe she spews hatred 24/7 and thats why nothing she says or does is good enough.

Whatever...I just don't get it around here sometimes.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Rorschach would be so proud of the OP.
  • timmypeace
    timmypeace Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    boy bye! that is what you say.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    attention whooooaaaaaakaayy fine i won't finish that thought. but you get my drift, right?
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who wants to beat my head against the wall reading this?!

The OP summed up her relationship in two sentences. How can anyone give her any type of advise based on that?!

Who knows, maybe her boyfriend is married to someone else. Maybe she spews hatred 24/7 and thats why nothing she says or does is good enough.

Whatever...I just don't get it around here sometimes.

The point is, none of that is relevant. Relationships are all about how you FEEL about someone else.

If she feels he doesn't respect her and is a jerk... thats enough to find a new one, because it wont get better.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    attention whooooaaaaaakaayy fine i won't finish that thought. but you get my drift, right?
    You just defied your definition of sarcasm. LOL
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You need to get out of that relationship. I stuck with someone like that for 2 years even though he treated me like **** and cheated on me. Every time my friends or family would tell me to dump him cause he was hurting me so much i would always reply...."but i love him". But one day i just had enough and i decided that i wasnt gona let him knock my confidence any more and that if i wasnt gona get the respect and love i deserved from him than i would at least give it to myself, so i dumped him. Well i tell ya, after a month or 2 he came crawling back sayin how much he loved me..bla bla bla and asked me to take him back but i told him where to go. When i seen him, i felt nothing but pitty and found him really unattractive cause i finally could see him for what he really was. I guarantee you that even though you might think you love him now, you will be so much happier without him. I promise you. Your better off being alone than with someone who doesnt love you and treats you badly. Hope you find the courage to do what YOU KNOW is right!

thanks for sharing your story. its just so hard to let someone go,.. when you love that person.
  • sweetpunani
    Options
    Lol... I'll just sit here and enjoy my popcorn.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    sometimes guys get into a funk, for whatever reason. while it's not your job to be super extra nice to him and take all his abuse, wouldn't you like him to be a little considerate if you're having a couple of bad days?? maybe surpise him with his favorite beer and some steaks?

I agree with this. Try to treat him in the way that you would want to be treated. Give him the chance to explain. THEN AFTER the surprise beer and steaks (and maybe some other **fun** things that guys generally LOVE) - if he is still irritated - SEE YA!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Lol... I'll just sit here and enjoy my popcorn.

Right?
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options

but i REALLY, REALLY wanted to convey my point, even to the simple minded.
  • binary_jester
    Options

but i REALLY, REALLY wanted to convey my point, even to the simple minded.
    Type slowly
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I love this ...

OP: My boyfriend is annoyed by everything I say.

Women of MFP: Have you tried talking to him?

This is why men and women are perpetually at odds.

Again, I refer to He's Just Not That Into You: If a guy treats you like he doesn't give a ****, he genuinely doesn't give a ****.

Do with that information what you will.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    He doesn't act like a jerk, he TRULY is one. You may need to kick him to the curb!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I love this ...

OP: My boyfriend is annoyed by everything I say.

Women of MFP: Have you tried talking to him?

This is why men and women are perpetually at odds.

Again, I refer to He's Just Not That Into You: If a guy treats you like he doesn't give a ****, he genuinely doesn't give a ****.

Do with that information what you will.

Also stereotyping an entire gender works wonders for your relationships.