hydroxycut

Options
i know most of you are gonna say "dont take it" "its not good for you" "lose weight the right way......"

but, im wanting know if it really works and for those of you who have used it, how much have you lost?

please dont be mean :o(

Replies

• mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump?
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    You had to use the sad face didn't you! Now I can't be snarky. *kicks rocks, leaves room, slams door*
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut used to work - when it still had ephedra in it. The current formula is useless unless your goal is to make very expensive urine. You're better off buying a box of green tea for $3 and drinking a few cups every day.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I used it a few years ago and what I found out is that even half full the bottle makes an excellent paper wieght
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think that if it worked none of us would be counting calories on this site, lol.
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have taken it before and it did not work for me.

I'm weary now of any product that on the advertisement has results not typical. This is like a warning flag to me!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    wow, I'm amazed they're still selling that stuff. I remember wasting my money on it when I was about 20. And that was a long time ago . . .
  • Terriberry
    Options
    you're asking that question on the wrong website sweetie. Please take your own advice and lose weight the right way. There is no magic pill.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    There are also side effects, like growing facial hair.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as a short cut in weight loss and being healthy (At least, not a sustainable one)

There's no magic bullet. Eat less/Better, Move more.

Thats it.

Edit - I guess I should answer the question. My mother (against my advice) started using this stuff for awhile... and had no additional weight loss over what she lost when she WASNT on it.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    they do a great job of marketing and photoshopping their photos...don't waste your money! :smile:
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I've taken it once a while ago, but it had a weird effect on my heart rate. I got scared and stopped. The other thing that weird is that it instructs you to eat properly, workout, and drink tons of water.... Well if you do that, you don't really need the supplement:) I wouldn't waste my money on it. Last thing I want to add is that, if you loose weight extremely fast, it might only be a temporary change. Just make this health thing a life long lifestyle change. Not temp thing. No diet. Healthy eating. No supplement, because you don't want to take that forever either.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as a short cut in weight loss and being healthy (At least, not a sustainable one)

Thats it.

this is correct.
  • jenwilburn
    jenwilburn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The one and only time I ever used a diet pill was hydroxycut(everyone does once), it made me feel horrible, I took a third of the dose that the bottle said and I was jittery, my heart raced, and forget about sleep. Counting calories is both safer and easier. And you do know it was recalled a couple years ago right?.....do not use this product, any weight loss from it would be short lived, and is possibly damaging your body permanently worth it?
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    also, there have been studies that this pill causes heart palpitations, and in extreme cases, near fatal to fatal side effects.

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Research/Hydroxycut-liver-problem-link-confirmed-by-study

just exercise. eat well. sleep 6-8 hours every night. drink lots of water. look at 500lbstomarathon! he's lost 237 lbs doing this the right way.
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It depends on if you live in Canada or if you live in the States. In Canada the active ingredient is illegal (or used to be when I had a friend take it) so the canadian version in a combination of caffine and other not so useful things. My friend scored the american version of it and gave it a shot, I believe the active ingredient is psudo-affedrine? He got very sick, had heart palpatations, and lost no weight.

I am not being cynical here, I am telling you in all honesty, almost every "product" out there called a fat burner or weight loss suppliment is a complete sham. There is a multi-billion dollar industry out there based on preying on the poor souls who are desperate to lose weight. It is a money grab

save yourself some money or spend it elsewhere on visiting a really good dietitian or a great personal trainer who can motivate you everyday. Take up cooking classes where they teach cooking with whole foods at home......money much better spent

good luck
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    The FDA has received 23 reports of serious health problems ranging from jaundice and elevated liver enzymes, an indicator of potential liver injury, to liver damage requiring liver transplant. One death due to liver failure has been reported to the FDA. Other health problems reported include seizures; cardiovascular disorders; and rhabdomyolysis, a type of muscle damage that can lead to other serious health problems such as kidney failure.

Sorry but that's a big fat NO to me. I'm using my liver right now, i dont want to get rid of it! same with my heart, muscle or kidney!

source:
    http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/2009/ucm149575.htm
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    The FDA has received 23 reports of serious health problems ranging from jaundice and elevated liver enzymes, an indicator of potential liver injury, to liver damage requiring liver transplant. One death due to liver failure has been reported to the FDA. Other health problems reported include seizures; cardiovascular disorders; and rhabdomyolysis, a type of muscle damage that can lead to other serious health problems such as kidney failure.

Sorry but that's a big fat NO to me. I'm using my liver right now, i dont want to get rid of it! same with my heart, muscle or kidney!

source:
    http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/2009/ucm149575.htm

I agree, my liver is already stressed out enough trying to process all the booze I drink. I don't need to tax it any more ;)
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Thats it.

Edit - I guess I should answer the question. My mother (against my advice) started using this stuff for awhile... and had no additional weight loss over what she lost when she WASNT on it.

Actually, there IS a magic bullet... And it's great for making healthy omelets, salsa and veggie mixes in only 10 seconds! So, If you're trying to lose weight, you're much better off buying one of these!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I just finished a month's worth of a bottle of Hydroxycut Pro Clinical Max. I can't say for sure whether it helped or not. I lost 4 pounds but i've also been working my *kitten* off with my workouts and eating very carefully and healthy. It doesn't contain ephedra which is good but all in all, i don't think it aided too much in aiding my weight loss. I didn't experience any side effects like being jittery, racing heart, etc so that's a plus but in the end, it is really expensive ($35 per bottle) and for what it MIGHT do, it's not worth it.
    You're not silly for asking this question or anything. People on these forums can be rude, nasty, and feel that they have every right to put you down for something like this, as if they truly know that much better. I agree that you shouldn't waste your money or time on it but attacking you is unfair. Some of the threads are useful but just pick out the supportive ones and try looking on websites like webmd.com for some help with it. It's completely objective and gives verifiable information from professionals.
    Good luck!