hydroxycut

Options

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    There are also side effects, like growing facial hair.

that mostly just comes with age and genetics
  • Fitdiva83
    Fitdiva83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a bottle of Hydroxycut max for women , it helps give me energy and it did notice it curb my appetite and I lost 3 pounds the first week.
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    There's no such thing as a short cut in weight loss and being healthy (At least, not a sustainable one)

There's no magic bullet. Eat less/Better, Move more.

Thats it.

Edit - I guess I should answer the question. My mother (against my advice) started using this stuff for awhile... and had no additional weight loss over what she lost when she WASNT on it.

Actually, there IS a magic bullet... And it's great for making healthy omelets, salsa and veggie mixes in only 10 seconds! So, If you're trying to lose weight, you're much better off buying one of these!

when i think magic bullet i thik something else but umm this isnt the site for that
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The FDA has received 23 reports of serious health problems ranging from jaundice and elevated liver enzymes, an indicator of potential liver injury, to liver damage requiring liver transplant. One death due to liver failure has been reported to the FDA. Other health problems reported include seizures; cardiovascular disorders; and rhabdomyolysis, a type of muscle damage that can lead to other serious health problems such as kidney failure.

Sorry but that's a big fat NO to me. I'm using my liver right now, i dont want to get rid of it! same with my heart, muscle or kidney!

source:
    http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/2009/ucm149575.htm

I agree, my liver is already stressed out enough trying to process all the booze I drink. I don't need to tax it any more ;)

So True AV I feel for your poor liver! ROFL
  • FairyMiss
    Options

I beg to differ. I am sure you will find 93 women on here who swears that the "bullet" is magical...lol.

heh agian thats for a diffrent website
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    *DISCLAIMER*: you will always lose the most weight and achieve the healthiest lifestyle using the simple laws of thermodynamics.

however... i see nothing wrong with using otc appetite suppressants to help you get used to eating a smaller calorie allowance for up to 30 days. after 30 days 2 things happen:

a) your body becomes immune

b) the pseudoephedrine or whatever active ingredients that are in the drug you choose that work to ARTIFICIALLY decrease your appetite and increase your energy continue to damage your heart even though the benefits you began taking the drug for are dramatically reduced.
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    You're not silly for asking this question or anything. People on these forums can be rude, nasty, and feel that they have every right to put you down for something like this, as if they truly know that much better.
    Good luck!

Drama much? Not a SINGLE person on this thread attacked her. Go get your feelings hurt somewhere else please, everyone here was being supportive and you're just causing trouble.

i have to agree , people are being oddly tame today
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    i know most of you are gonna say "dont take it" "its not good for you" "lose weight the right way......"

but, im wanting know if it really works and for those of you who have used it, how much have you lost?

please dont be mean :o(

Translation: "Even though I should know better, I'm going to take it anyway and I want validation for my poor decision"
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    That *kitten* is bad for you. I took it years ago...just made me jittery and hot headed. I didn't get any results with it either. Save yourself the money.
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    I've used it as an octane booster in my gas tank and improved my gas mileage by.0002 mpg.

there is always one in every crowd
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It depends on if you live in Canada or if you live in the States. In Canada the active ingredient is illegal (or used to be when I had a friend take it) so the canadian version in a combination of caffine and other not so useful things. My friend scored the american version of it and gave it a shot, I believe the active ingredient is psudo-affedrine? He got very sick, had heart palpatations, and lost no weight.

I am not being cynical here, I am telling you in all honesty, almost every "product" out there called a fat burner or weight loss suppliment is a complete sham. There is a multi-billion dollar industry out there based on preying on the poor souls who are desperate to lose weight. It is a money grab

save yourself some money or spend it elsewhere on visiting a really good dietitian or a great personal trainer who can motivate you everyday. Take up cooking classes where they teach cooking with whole foods at home......money much better spent

good luck

That ingredient is no longer legal here in the US. The original active ingredient, ephedrine, can be used to produce crystal meth. So now, any products with it are closely monitored and controlled. Most companies opted to change the formula of their products so that their customers can avoid the hassle. Ephedrine was found in allergy medicines and appetite suppressors. It really is a shame because the products that used ephedrine actually worked (or at least for allergies anyway).
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I take Hydroxycut right now. I take the Hardcore Pro Series. I got it at GNC and I will say this... I do not take it as an appetite suppressant. I use it for an energy boost before my workout or before running. I have found that it does nothing to suppress my appetite anyway.
    I also only take 1 capsule per day, a 1/2 hour before my workout/run. The directions say to take 4 capsules per day. I get a significant energy boost from one pill so that's what I take.
    I have had no ill effects from it.

Hope that helps.

Edited to add: After reading some of the replies on here, I may STOP taking it.

If you do stop taking it, you can always switch to a cup of coffee before a workout!! :)
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I beg to differ. I am sure you will find 93 women on here who swears that the "bullet" is magical...lol.

I do believe I agree 500% But defiantly not better than the real things :)
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i know most of you are gonna say "dont take it" "its not good for you" "lose weight the right way......"

but, im wanting know if it really works and for those of you who have used it, how much have you lost?

Translation: "Even though I should know better, I'm going to take it anyway and I want validation for my poor decision"

REALLY??? out of all these comments (40+) we had to have the first *kitten*!! i posted it cause 90% of the people dont agree with OTC supplements cause they're not "natural" i was wanting unbiast opionions...
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I take Hydroxycut right now. I take the Hardcore Pro Series. I got it at GNC and I will say this... I do not take it as an appetite suppressant. I use it for an energy boost before my workout or before running. I have found that it does nothing to suppress my appetite anyway.
    I also only take 1 capsule per day, a 1/2 hour before my workout/run. The directions say to take 4 capsules per day. I get a significant energy boost from one pill so that's what I take.

Hope that helps.

If you do stop taking it, you can always switch to a cup of coffee before a workout!! :)

believe it or not, i do drink a cup of coffee before my workout... dont know if its safe or not, but it gives me energy
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

REALLY??? out of all these comments (40+) we had to have the first *kitten*!! i posted it cause 90% of the people dont agree with OTC supplements cause they're not "natural" i was wanting unbiast opionions...

Actually, thats really what I heard too, but I was trying to be supportive and persuade you differently :D

Hopefully it worked.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Do research...and not from company sites. You can find many thermogenics that have clinical trials to support their claim. Be critical and realistic of expected results.

Thermogenics are the cherry on top. Make sure you have a solid plan before you start them.

Also...read the side effects. The theory of 1 being good so 5 is better will NOT apply.

I tend to shy away from products like Hydroxycut mainly because the use a proprietary blend and you can't be sure if you are getting the correct dosage.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Hope that helps.

believe it or not, i do drink a cup of coffee before my workout... dont know if its safe or not, but it gives me energy
    Before a workout out, I would take 200mg of caffeine and 25mg of ephedra. I think you are ok.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

Hope that helps.

Caffeine is a well-proven enhancer ;)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Some chick on here keeps suggesting it. "this is how I got my six pack!" she says. Honestly I'll take my cla and workout. But for someone who has anxiety fat burners aren't a choice.