Turbo Jammers 1/26-2/1

Options

Replies

• megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Dragonfly, sorry to hear about your difficult night last night, but way to go with the Fat Blaster!:drinker: I problably would have plopped on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and sulked all night :grumble: You're right though, an "attitude of gratitude" is so important in reaching our goals...thanks for setting a good example! Not sure what I'm doing today...I really need to do some toning so I think my goal will be Fat Blaster and 3T.
    Have a great day everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Jam Family,
    Hey Megan0313 good to see you up and motivated! That sure helps me, thanks:drinker: I was up at 430 this morning and I did Firm's Cardio overdrive (30 min high + weights) so I got some "strength training" in this week. Going to do my pilates at lunch - I penciled myself in:laugh: Might try 20min + ab Jam when I get home ~ we'll see how it goes. Sure does help me to make a schedule of what the workouts I'm trying to get in. Since I've been on this site I have worked out more than I ever have. Thanks for the support and keeping me accountable:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone has a smile on their face and has a fantastic day!

check ya later
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! I did CP and 3T today. This was the first time I've done 3T and I'll tell you what that is a GREAT toning workout. My triceps are still burning! I'm ready to give up the Shred, because all though it works...TJ is so much more fun. I think if I did 3T and Live Booty & Abs it would be pretty close to the same workout as Shred. Chalean is so much more inspiring and friendly and inviting and Jillian well she just annoys me. I think after I put in my "30 days" with Shred its going to the bottom of the pile. Turbo Jam is where it's at...I don't know how people do anything else!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Drevansmom!
    good for you for getting in a great workout - missed pilates at lunchl one my trainees wanted to sleep thru lunch :grumble: That means work to do when I get home!! I am going to try FB again and get in another good 30min - maybe CP .. we'll see how it goes.
    Curious though, what is 3T - is that the totally tubular turbo?? I suspect it is. Glad to know it's effective and fun. So far I haven't been disappointed with any of the TJ workouts.
    I agree with you about sticking w/ TJ. It was so funny .. when I did Firm this morning I felt like something was missing (music, fun.. sweat, lol) I feel like I am sweating more w/ TJ so to me that means I'm working harder and burning more calories. Chalene is much more friendly and engaging than the other instructors I have been working with. Guess I'm with you; It's TJ all the way!!!:happy:

Hope you have an outstanding day!:flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    WTG Everyone!!!! You ladies are mentioning all these additional videos and I find myself wanting to go out and buy more TJ dvd's now (I just got my first set only 2 weeks ago lol).

I fully intended to try PK & J for the first time today, but I didn't have it in me to try something new (aka...deal w/ choreography I don't know:noway: ). So I did CP and 20 min workout. I'm planning on Ab Jam and pilates once the kiddos are in bed.

Have a great day all...keep on jammin!!!!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! I did CP and 3T today. This was the first time I've done 3T and I'll tell you what that is a GREAT toning workout. My triceps are still burning! I'm ready to give up the Shred, because all though it works...TJ is so much more fun. I think if I did 3T and Live Booty & Abs it would be pretty close to the same workout as Shred. Chalean is so much more inspiring and friendly and inviting and Jillian well she just annoys me. I think after I put in my "30 days" with Shred its going to the bottom of the pile. Turbo Jam is where it's at...I don't know how people do anything else!

I did 3T today along with PK&J which is my current fav...I love the capaeira part towards the end. I'm glad you posted that about Shred. I was thinking of getting it for some variation, but now I think I'll stick with Chalene...I just love her!
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey there fellow jammers .. sorry I have been MIA .. but Wednesdays are my busy days .. with kids in school, skating and hockey!! But I am back and still sticking to my Jam sessions! I have been fighting through them this week .. been a long week but I am still hanging on .. and once the workout it done I am so happy I did!! :bigsmile:

I just have one question ... I do one workout a day .. but most of you talk about doing 2-3 videos a day .. where do you find the time .. and is it really necessary? :noway:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options

I did 3T today along with PK&J which is my current fav...I love the capaeira part towards the end. I'm glad you posted that about Shred. I was thinking of getting it for some variation, but now I think I'll stick with Chalene...I just love her!

I love the capaeira stuff too. it's so much fun. If you want variation get new TJ dvds. I think its the only way to go.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    I just have one question ... I do one workout a day .. but most of you talk about doing 2-3 videos a day .. where do you find the time .. and is it really necessary? :noway:

We actually see this question a lot on this thread. I think it is totally up to you what you do. I do whatever I can get in before my DD wakes from her nap or until she can't play happily anymore. Sometimes it one workout, sometimes its 3. Since I like to eat, I try to do as much as I can so I have more calories to eat :happy:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hey there fellow jammers .. sorry I have been MIA .. but Wednesdays are my busy days .. with kids in school, skating and hockey!! But I am back and still sticking to my Jam sessions! I have been fighting through them this week .. been a long week but I am still hanging on .. and once the workout it done I am so happy I did!! :bigsmile:

Nice to see you :flowerforyou: I know exactly how you feel about fighting through the workouts, I do it alot. This thread really helps me though! As far as doing multiple DVD's...I don't think it's necessary, I work from home and if I'm feeling restless I'll try to do an extra workout instead of raiding the fridge! :tongue: But most days as long as I get one in I'm happy.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Skipped the Turbo yesterday and spent an hour and a half shoveling snow and ice! Did Cardio Party 2 tonight and feel great!
  • jalley31
    jalley31 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new on here...but not new to Turbo Jam. I had my son a little over a year ago and gained almost 100 pounds and I am happy to say that I have lost all of the weight and then some with Turbo Jam! Now I have about 28 more pounds to lose! Still working on it! This program really works and I am so excited to find you guys on here. I had no idea Turbo Jam had new videos out. I have been working with CP, Kick Punch Jam, Ab Jam and Sculpting. I also have the HW and love the workouts with these! I am excited to see you guys on here and love the support you guys give! I am going to order the new videos and keep you guys posted!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Skipped the Turbo yesterday and spent an hour and a half shoveling snow and ice! Did Cardio Party 2 tonight and feel great!

Yuck I hate shoveling but it burns calories! I would consider it a full workout :smile:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new on here...but not new to Turbo Jam. I had my son a little over a year ago and gained almost 100 pounds and I am happy to say that I have lost all of the weight and then some with Turbo Jam! Now I have about 28 more pounds to lose! Still working on it! This program really works and I am so excited to find you guys on here. I had no idea Turbo Jam had new videos out. I have been working with CP, Kick Punch Jam, Ab Jam and Sculpting. I also have the HW and love the workouts with these! I am excited to see you guys on here and love the support you guys give! I am going to order the new videos and keep you guys posted!

welcome and congrats on your MAJOR accomplishment already! We are always happy to see new faces in our group!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Jalley! Welcome to the group! Congratulations on your son and your weight loss!!!m:flowerforyou:
  • meanness67
    Options
    Believe me...I counted the shoveling as a full workout - I felt it in my biceps!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Happy Friday Jam Family,
    We made it WOO HOO!
    Welcome Jalley and Meanness - glad you all are here! We need ya!
    Hey Megan and Drevansmom.. and anyone else I missed :flowerforyou:
    Felt sick this morning (one of my students was sick and hacking all over the training room yesterday and I am fight off something - I am not receiving it, lol!
    Did CP this am and it was awesome -already seeing big improvement in my endurance.
    Put on jeans this am that we really snug and they fit normally!! That felt really good.
    Hope everyone is staying focused, sweating and having a fantastic day.

Thinking about AB JAM tonight and trying CP2 in the am - Tomorrow's weigh in day and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good news!

Keep up the good work everybody!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Turbo Jammers!
    Hey Dragonfly! Hope you don't catch anything nasty!
    Well I did Fat Blaster this morning and some pilates. Also we had a big snow storm this am and couldn't get out of my driveway, so I "hiked" to the convenience store about 1/2 mile away for some necessities. Still don't have my HRM working so I'm just taking that as a bonus workout :wink:
    I have a little success story to share with you guys...because you all helped me get there WOO HOO...
    I FINALLY reached my goal weight this morning!!!! I've been stuck at 2 lbs over since September and had just about accepted that this was how it was going to be (which really was ok). But all of you being so motivated and committed helped me to kick it up a notch and it worked! So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU :flowerforyou: :heart:
    So all together I've lost 22 lbs in the past year...8 before I really started logging in on here and the other 14 after. So now I'm on to maintainance and I'm a teeny bit nervous...I don't want to start gaining, but I really don't want to lose any more either, so I'm just gonna keep doing what I've been doing here, logging and checking in and adjust my calories accordingly.
    Hope everyone's having a great day!!!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Congrats Megan, that is awesome!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • meanness67
    Options
    Way to go Megan!:bigsmile:

You deserve a nice new outfit!