is it wrong to think i can live alone(single) all my life??

Options
124»

Replies

• fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    been married (to the same woman) for 37 years - we've had a lot of ups, a few downs, but overall we're much better off than if we hadn't been together (and she agrees). as others have said, to each their own...
  • NPetrakis
    NPetrakis Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    For me, I had to learn to live with myself before I could consider sharing my life and time with someone else.
    I prefer not being alone, but that certainly wasn't true in the beginning.

Wrong? No, I don't think it's wrong do live alone. I do have to question why though. That's a more compelling question, IMO.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Of course you can live alone and be happy. Just as long as you have hobbies, friends and family to keep busy. The worst thing you can possibly do is settle for someone you don't love because of fear of being lonely. If it happens it happens. I heard that when you dont look for it, it comes. Hope this helps.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    After getting out of a nearly 3 year relationship, i was dead set on the idea of living alone forever...

Unfortunately, I am a hopeless romantic and feel happiest in a (happy) relationship. The feeling that I could live alone forever gradually began to fade, and my observations of the lonely weekends and not having a romantic partner to share beautiful moments only grew. Unfortunately, I am not interested in most guys and do not want to be in a relationship with the wrong person.

I think if this is a recent feeling due to similar sentiment...it might go away.

If you have always felt this way...then I think you will have a happier life than many people because you dont feel the need to have a relationship. Love causes a lot of drama and problems. Heartbreak can't exist without love.

Good luck with whatever choices you make and wherever/whomever life brings you~! :smile:
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I love living alone. On the rare occasion that I get lonely, one of my married or otherwise attached friends will snap me right out of it by complaining nonstop about their SOs.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm single. I love it. :)