Unusual Real Names (first name or middle name only please)..

Options

Replies

• SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    For a great comedic take on "how not to name your child," check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHolAN5Qmsw

This is Zilch the Torysteller, a comedic storyteller who works at a lot of Renaissance Faires. He's brilliant.

Love that guy! Have seen him at the AZ Renaissance Festival a few times.

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My name is Fatima, nicknames I've gotten over the years include: Tima, Tima-lima, Teems, Teemy, Timo, Fateems, Fay Fay... My middle name is Adriana and my last name starts with a G.... So you can see my OTHER nickname which is made up of my initials, LOL!! !
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Many of these are just ethinic names, arent that odd to me. I went to school with someone named Star (last name light), and a few grades below me their was someone named apple
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I once dated a guy whose parents were named "Donald Ray" (1st and middle of dad) and "Linda" (1st of mother - she didn't have a middle name. They named all of their girls after themselves - Raylonda, Donnalyn, LaDonna, and Raylynne. The boys just had regular names - Shane, Lance, Todd, Thad and Troy.

Growing up in the south "Heidi" (my name) was quite rare. I never had another friend named Heidi. There was only one other Heidi in my high school of 1600 people. However, when I went to college in Minneapolis I found out that there "Heidi" is as common as "Ashley." To this day people spell my name wrong which seems odd to me with the book and the fact that there is only one correct spelling.

Lastly, I know a woman named "Gina" who was somewhat of a mentor to a teenage girl. The young girl ended up getting pregnant and she wanted to honor Gina so she decided to name her daughter "VaGina." Luckily Gina talked her out of that name!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    my husband is named Osiris
  • RockKelly
    RockKelly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a girl named Kelly Seeman and a guy named Kurt Overy
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    My oldest son's name is Declan (pronounced DECK-len). Common in Ireland, not so much in the States.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My middle name is Che, as in Che Guevara. But my mom swears it's "American," and she made it up. :huh:
  • emfilomena
    emfilomena Posts: 120
    Options
    My middle name is Filomena : ) I love it!
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I grew up with a family who's kids were my age.... Their parents were total flower children... Last name was Pit (I think it was spelled different than that) but they name their kids
    Martini Olive
    And
    Marashino Cherry
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    My name isn't unusual. but the spelling is kind of. It's Schelly (a Germanic spelling of Shelley) - my youngest daughter is Schyla (pronounced SHY-lah). I wanted to name her Shiloh but my (then) husband said he knew a guy named Shiloh who he hated... so we put an "a" at the end instead, and gave her my "Sch" and "y" instead of "i". Weird, but she always gets complimented on it.
  • junebug1994
    Options
    Jewl (Jew-ell)
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    my daughter's name is Minuet. Everyone calls her Minnie (I call her Minnie Mouse). My kids all have unusual (for the US) middle names: Xiang-ji, Mei-li and Mei-shiung. My husband is Taiwanese :)
  • anjydarling
    Options
    My first name is Anjanette. I really don't know if it is weird or not but i have yet to meet another Anjanette in my 18 years on earth haha. My middle name is Venessa, nothing special there. My mom found my first name in a lowrider magazine by the way, just an interesting little detail. :blushing:
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My sister's name is Kaman (prounounced cayman, like cayman islands). Never met another with the same name. My other sister is Mikaela Aylette, which is quite unique. Mikaela, not so much anymore, but when we were kids it was uncommon. Makes me wonder how the heck I got saddled with Crystal Anne.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    my middle name is montenell. i use it alot of places for my username, i used it here till i decided to use my first name :)
  • christinerush
    Options
    I think Pepper is a great name! Much better than mine, boring Christine!
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My middle name is Winslow ... what kind of parents give their kid a last name for a middle name.
  • jdbaker01
    jdbaker01 Posts: 44
    Options
    my granddaughter is called tayah elise, my friends daughter is called meadow lea, and my other friend has a daughter called willow cerise
  • wilkin777
    wilkin777 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My name is Willa (which I think is getting more common now) and my surname is King. Problem is at christmas time when everyone sends me cards that say "Will- a-King be born in Bethlehem". Funny the 1st time. Also my mother's name is Isobel (standard Scottish spelling) but for some reason she got WILSON as a middle name. She won't watch 'castaway' anymore : )