Unusual Real Names (first name or middle name only please)..

Options

Replies

• ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I also had friend named bambi, sooo many jokes available :) I also dated a guy named Hyunou
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My real name is Zohregul, I am International student here in US. But I go by Zoe, since it's much easier. PS Zohregul means Venus Flower
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My daughters name is Cecilia her nickname is Cici Boggins... I dont know why, just something that came out one day when I was "baby talking" to her as an infant and it just took hahahaha
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Back in the '70's Angie ****inson (love how MFP edits her name for me)was on a show called Police Woman. Her character was named Sgt. "Pepper" Anderson.

This show was watched regularly in my house. Just the phrase "back in the 70s" makes me feel OLD!!!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i went to elementary school with a girl named kimberly wimberly.. and then in high school i knew a girl named rainy day (first and middle name).. i thought it was cute
    I went to school with girl named holly and last name was day. A friend of mine married a guy with hooker as last name that was funny.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Eloise:) Ellie for short. Not sure how common it is but I've never heard it before.

I get Ellie Belly a lot -__- I only allow certain people to use this.....do and die;)
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    In Wales we always get the...

David Davies
    William Williams
  • nothingisred
    Options
    Eloise:) Ellie for short. Not sure how common it is but I've never heard it before.
    One of my friends is called Eloise, Ellie for short.

My brother's name is Lucas. I'm told it's quite popular in America? But over here in the UK it's really unusual (the first time I met someone else called Lucas was at a party recently and he had the same last name as my brother! SO weird).

My mum likes unusual names and thought she was giving me an unusual name, Jade, but turns out a lot of other mothers seemed to have the same idea in the late 80s/early 90s! My middle name is Amber and so is the colour of my hair. People find it really funny when I tell them...I'm just glad it isn't my first name like my parents were originally thinking.

My best friend from school is named Devonne (pronounced Devon like the English county, her mum made up the spelling). I don't think one teacher throughout our 14 years of schooling ever pronounced it correctly. In year 6 we went on a school trip to Devon for a week, the number of times we heard "omg Devonne in Devon, how funny!" was just annoying!

My ex is called Adrian but went by Age (not Ade) which always took a lot of explaining to people.

I used to work in a dental clinic and we got a lot of odd names there. The one that sticks out to me was Tuesday Elphanti (I forget the exact spelling of the surname name). And a little girl called Aoife (pronounced Eva but with an 'f' sound), I love that name so much I think if I ever have a little girl that's what I'll name her, it's lovely!
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options

I used to work in a dental clinic and we got a lot of odd names there. The one that sticks out to me was Tuesday Elphanti (I forget the exact spelling of the surname name). And a little girl called Aoife (pronounced Eva but with an 'f' sound), I love that name so much I think if I ever have a little girl that's what I'll name her, it's lovely!

I think that's a gaelic/irish name 'Aoife', I'm sure there are lots of Scots called it. It sounds similar to our welsh for 'Ava', we spell it 'Ayfa'.
  • bullet1
    bullet1 Posts: 61
    Options
    My wife is named Jamintha Pearl. She doesn't enjoy anyone other than her mother calling her that, she goes by Jamie.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in high school. HIS name was Courtney Marie. Dude got teased plenty...packed on weight/muscle and became an FBI agent.

My husband had twin girls in a class in high school his freshman year. Last name Lane....first names were Candy and Cherry. :laugh:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I worked with a woman named R, just the letter R. She said it was what was on her birth certificate.
    I went to school with a girl named Zorina, ruler in Russian. We all called her Cookie.
    My best friend changed her name. It only costs $40 here. I wonder why more people don't ditch names they can't stand. My friend changed her name from Lisa to Elisa, go figure! She just liked it better and thought it was worth the small price to change it.
  • rockabillymama
    rockabillymama Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My daughters name is Cecilia her nickname is Cici Boggins... I dont know why, just something that came out one day when I was "baby talking" to her as an infant and it just took hahahaha

My name is Cecelia and my nick names are "celia, cil, cece (i hate that one) cec, cilly, cel,ceals" and each is designated by certain groups like my dad's family, my mom's family, my cousins.....my in-laws have called me Celia Bedelia since high school
  • DarkAngel525
    Options
    I met a girl at a bar and on her driver's license it said: ABCD Jarrettson

Her first name was pronounced 'Ab-Siddy' She said most of the time people heard it, thought it was wrong and just called her Cassidy. :laugh:

I also do resume management at my company and one guy's name was Backroom Phong. ???
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I Just remembered that when my daughter was doing pageants her coach's name was Chloe but it was pronounced "Sha-low" that was a had one to get around...
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I know my mother has told me a few over the years from classes she's taught-but of course I don't remember them.
    The only one I remember is she said she had a little girl in a class with the first name of Lolalove-all one name and the girl went by Lolalove. Not sure what the mother was thinking, but it seems she's got this kids profession picked out already...
  • nothingisred
    Options
    Just been on Twitter to see that Adolf Hitler is trending because a couple in New Jersey named their child that. They also have a child called Aryan Nation apparently. Think that kinda trumps anything in this thread...
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    You guys have helped me pick out some baby names for the future. I'm going to name my daughter La-a (pronounced La-dash-a) and my son Shi'thead (pronounced Sha-Teed)... LOL JUST KIDDING by the way! Those two names were the funniest to me! I rolled laughing.
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    There is a guy in our town that was named 'Rusty' which probably is not that unusual except that his last name is 'Butt' - OMG WHAT were his parents thinking! As an adult he had his name legally changed to Russell.
  • itisjessdarling
    itisjessdarling Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My mothers name is Gwendolyn and she goes by Gwen for short.. My dads last name? Gwin. Yep her name is Gwen Gwin. :)