Unusual Real Names (first name or middle name only please)..

Options

Replies

• UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    I went to school with a guy whose name was Abeer Bag

Oh, and a guy that comes into the gym I work at is named George Georgopolous.
    Really? You coulnd't have thought of something OTHER than George?! Apparently not very creative...
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My name is Julene, no too odd, just spelled a little different than the usual Jolene. No weird nicknames and such from my name though, Some people will call me Jo.
  • raaynes
    raaynes Posts: 58
    Options
    Raine.

Nicknames included:

Ray
    Raines (hence the derived user name)
    Rainey

I also went by my middle name for a while - Alexandra, with the nicknames of Alex, and Lexie. :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My middle name is Omega, and I am the youngest of 5 girls. No, my oldest sister is not named Alpha. I named my oldest daughter Omega Elizabeth after me and one of my sisters. My youngest daughter is named Ynema Toddy after her paternal grandmother (Ynema) and her daddy (Todd).
    You named your daughter Enema? ROFLMAO
  • lynette111
    lynette111 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My first name is Wren. I have never minded having a unique name. Most think it is short for Renee. Named after a bird. I did however put my foot down when asked out in highschool by a guy with the last name Wren. Although he was nice and decent looking I said no way I am ever chancing having the name Wren Wren. I had a horrible maiden name which I gladly gave up when I married. It was Laywell. My sister had it worse as her middle name was May. You can imagine the teasing that went on with that.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a boy named Tell and a girl named Echo. Also worked with a guy named Ashley. He would get tampon samples in the mail! LOL!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    My middle name is montenell, I use that as a username alot. Infact that was my original useename here
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    My friend has two sons

Cherub and CHUBBY....his REAL name is Chubby how terrible is that?
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    My first name is Wren. I have never minded having a unique name. Most think it is short for Renee. Named after a bird. I did however put my foot down when asked out in highschool by a guy with the last name Wren. Although he was nice and decent looking I said no way I am ever chancing having the name Wren Wren. I had a horrible maiden name which I gladly gave up when I married. It was Laywell. My sister had it worse as her middle name was May. You can imagine the teasing that went on with that.

ove the name Wren, it's definitely a name i'm considering for when i have a daughter
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Patience Caprice.

Yes, I have patience. Yes, I'll be patient. Yes, I've heard that joke before. I've heard all the jokes before. All the jokes.

My sister is also a Patience.

We always called her "Fifi/Fifer" growing up, though.
  • foodluver27
    Options
    Danica Rose..not too crazy now considering Danica Patrick and people don't butcher my name anymore...but over the years a lot of people couldn't pronounce it if their life depended on it! Of course my middle name is common. Now all I get is.."Danica..like the race car driver right?" or once I got "Did your mom name you after Danica Patrick" Uhhh considering we are about the same age..I don't think so! I grew up hating my name because it got butchered all the time..but with time I have accepted it :smile: At least it's different.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    My first name is Leora. I get Lela, Lenora, Elenor, LEROY, Laura...

my middle name is even worse, but i won't even go there

i just nod, cringe, and use some passive aggressive coping method.
  • lalahawley
    lalahawley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My husband's first name is Jonnadieus. (Jonn-a-dee-us) When we first got together I think he liked to torture people by letting them pronounce it or even try spelling it. Took a couple of years...but now I finally got him to just tell people it's Jonn. Now we just have the problem of people using the "h" instead of two "n's". :happy:
  • nothingisred
    Options
    I went to school with a boy named Tell and a girl named Echo. Also worked with a guy named Ashley. He would get tampon samples in the mail! LOL!

I've met quite a few men called Ashley, but I think I've only ever met one female Ashley. I've always thought of it as a unisex name.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a lady whose married name was Linda Binda
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My daughter has a classmate named Buck. His middle name, which is the maiden name of this mother is Heroux. (pronounced Her-oo)

OMG! Seriously! That is stinkin' hilarious but awesome. bahaha. This has to be my favorite.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a guy whose name was Abeer Bag

Oh, and a guy that comes into the gym I work at is named George Georgopolous.
    Really? You coulnd't have thought of something OTHER than George?! Apparently not very creative...
    My grandpa's full name is John Paul Johndrow-so John Johndrow. He goes by Paul though, because before he was born they started calling an older brother of his Johnny (I don't know his real name, but it wasn't John or Johnny or even anything close to that). They didn't want to get confused I guess. I don't think any of them went by their real first names in that family.
  • ejohndrow
    Options

I've met quite a few men called Ashley, but I think I've only ever met one female Ashley. I've always thought of it as a unisex name.
    My old watch commander at work who is a male is named Jodie Hurlbut-such an unfortunate name all around.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My moms middle name is Fannie, yes as in your butt lol. Its a family name thats been handed down for generations.....thank God my mom ended it there lol

Fanny is not a bum in the UK...hahaha it's the one in front...
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    My friend has two sons

Cherub and CHUBBY....his REAL name is Chubby how terrible is that?
    A friend from highschool named her kid Random. How can anyone not say "That's so...Random" when they hear the kid's name?