Unusual Real Names (first name or middle name only please)..

Options

Replies

• TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My daughter has a classmate named Buck. His middle name, which is the maiden name of this mother is Heroux. (pronounced Her-oo)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I have an adopted dog who's original name was Pepper but I call her 'Frenchie' cause she doesn't understand English. My friend has a cousin named Susie Essousie. I think that's the coolest name ever. lol
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic!

My nephew's name is Reign. His father was Rex, which means "king" in Latin, so they thought "Reign" would be a good name for a son of a king.

We have a family name that has been passed down for six generations now, the middle name "Winepark." Family legend says that great-great-great-grandpa had a big farm, and two hired hands who were like family: last names Wine and Parker. One day the barn caught on fire, and those two guys risked their lives & were badly injured getting the livestock out safely. Grandpa named his oldest son after them, he named his son after them too, etc.

What I get a kick out of are genderbending names, especially those who don't realize it. "Meredith" means "Lord of the Sea," it's a traditional man's name in Wales, but somehow in the U.S. it became a girl's name. Same with Kelly, Ashley, etc.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Lol! Love them!

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    First name + middle name = a pretty sweet musical instrument

mandolin27.jpg
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My husband's first name is Ramie. Middle name, Fitzgerald. Uh huh. When we first met, I was his insurance agent. His sister called and wanted to pay his insurance with her credit card. We didn't do that back then, but I swear, I thought she said her name was Hiawatha! So I asked him when he came in. He said, "Yep, it's Hiawatha. Got a brother named Drexdal and another brother named Greg." I said, "Doesn't Greg feel left out?" It gets worse! His mother's name is Ineida (pronounced I Need A) maiden name, Fulk! Father's name is Dilmer Ray! I said, "Oh come on! Who looks at a little baby and says, ' Oh isn't he cute. Lets name him DILMER?" He said, "Oh it's a common name in the south. My dad went to school with twins named Dilmer and Gilmer." I said, "You're making this up!" He said, "No, they own the Tiny Diney in King." I spit Pepsi all over my desk. You just can't make this stuff up!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a man from India who affectionately referred to me as 'poochie poo.' :huh:
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My daughter has a classmate named Buck. His middle name, which is the maiden name of this mother is Heroux. (pronounced Her-oo)

I actually think it's kind of mean!
  • SaucyPeas
    SaucyPeas Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My daughters name is Sky and my youngest son is River. People call me Cricket even though my real name is Jeanne like I dream of Jeannie.

My daughter is prego with her 2nd baby..Id love her to pick a unique name too. Its been lots of fun with the names and while Im sure all of us with unique names go through a bit of ribbing from other kids I still love having a different name.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    AH, i just remembered another. A good friend I used to party with a lot--her name is (no joke) Holiday Joy --nickname Holi.

She was born in February--not even around Christmas :noway:
  • SixCatFaerie
    Options
    Loving all of these!

janetpratt, you had me laughing out loud... literally! :bigsmile:

4581915.png
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I remember watching Police Woman. I think it is a Kool name.:flowerforyou:
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Loving all of these!

janetpratt, you had me laughing out loud... literally! :bigsmile:

[

Yeah, we've been married 23 years this December and it still makes me laugh.
  • SixCatFaerie
    Options
    Thank you all so much for a great laugh! Keep'em comin'!!!

4581915.png
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Also I have a little cousin whose name is Tzeitl (not sure if I spell it correctly but its pronounced as Sày-tel).
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    speaking of family themes where someone is left out--my soon-to-be-ex-husband is Josh. His brothers are Jeremiah, Jacob, Jessie, and Doug...
  • SixCatFaerie
    Options
    Janet, that is great to hear! I've been married for 15 & my Hubby has to tell people that he isn't lying when he tells them my name!

4581915.png
  • SixCatFaerie
    Options
    Yeah, spacecase, I've always found it interesting when people name their kids all starting with the same letter!
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    I went to school with a girl named DORCAS...truth. I think she was swedish or something like that. Poor girl!!!
  • SixCatFaerie
    Options
    mandasimba, that is a great name!