Unusual Real Names (first name or middle name only please)..

Options

Replies

• SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Dorcas, wow, just wow! Poor girl! :bigsmile:
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    one of my middle names is muir ( great grandmas maden name) i always thought it was weird

my little brother used to make alot of nicknames out of my name, elizabeth became "lizard breath" " beth smells like death"

edit: i went to school with a girl whos lastname was ustapuk'e (used ta puke) and a boy named updiesh
  • laurenatholen
    Options
    My name is laurèn! It's not pronounced like the usual Lauren it's more of a lorren or ler-ren?
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I have a cousin named Candy who just married a guy with the last name of Hill. I thought nothing of it until someone laughed hysterically and said, "so her name is going to be Candy Hill?!" :laugh:

I answered a call when working in a call center and the dude's legal name was Batman. We looked up the legal documentation just to see...
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    It shouldn't be weird, but my name is Maggi... not sort for anything, and no e on the end. NO ONE has ever spelled it right without being told. Even my dad forgot the e on my last birthday card. It is wrong on my government id even.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I once had a waitress named Banjo.

Turns out they all had fake names at this country place we were eating at. And I was soooo pumped!

:brokenheart:
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a girl named Verna Serna.
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    Tzipporah- Dont even try to pronounce it!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    My first name!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

T is silent?
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my sister's name is meri. it sounds normal (mary), but is spelled in an unusual manner. i have a cousin derekia. she was supposed to be a derek, but somehow ended up the wrong gender. :) another female cousin glennis, named after my grandpa glen. a cousin named clarestina (pronounced claire-is-tina) and one of my cousins named her daughter 'caebin' which wouldn't be too bad except that she used that gaelic spelling and it has like fifteen letters. i don't even attempt to write it out. :) also a beth-scott, we just call her beth, who named her daughter conesta (like the game canasta).
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My first name is Jalaine (pronounced Ja-lane) not Jolene, Jillane or Josalynn...UGH its my mothers curse!
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    my name is Gianina (It's like Janine with an A at the end) hehe
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

TSI - POR- UH?

Am I close?

I don't have an unusual first name, but my last name is... not gonna post it though 'cause you'd have no problem finding me with it.
  • Tzipporah90
    Options

T is silent?

You say the T and the Z is more like an S.

Its not english so there are no real enlgish letters to accurately pronounce it but its basically TSEPOORUH...something like that! Really you roll the R on your tounge pronouncing it!! LOL
  • Tzipporah90
    Options

TSI - POR- UH?

Am I close?

I don't have an unusual first name, but my last name is... not gonna post it though 'cause you'd have no problem finding me with it.

YUP!!!!
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Hoo boy, got some real winners...and these are all true:

Went to school with an Elton Johnson.
    Worked with a woman named Sandra ("Sandy") Beach.
    A former boss of mine was named Richard ("D i c k") Liddle.
    A number of former clients: Mary Christmas. Richard Head. Kent Clarke.
    And my personal favorite: a family named Phuq.
  • mariahhatfield
    Options
    My Ex's name is Looney. True story.
  • stritte14
    stritte14 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My sons are Talon, Chayse (not that unsual nowadays but was 15 yrs ago), Asher and Ryerson.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I always read the birth announcements in the paper for a good chuckle......couple months ago someone named their baby Snow White Khang......no lie!