Best fat burning supplement?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Chromium Piccolinate - protects muscle tissue while you are burning fat
    EFA's (fish oil, evening primrose oil, flax seed oil, borage oil etc...) - activate the brown fat cells in your body thus increasing your metabolism (brown fat is metabolically active as opposed to white fat which lumpy and ugly)
    Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
    Cinnamon - helps to regulate blood sugar levels
    Again supplements that have miniscule effects on thermogenisis.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    yes, caffeine and catechins found in green tea (EGCG).
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I hear there's this new thing called FinFin... Seems to work pretty well
  • VanessaFaith
    VanessaFaith Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of bad feedback on here for CLA, but I take it in the morning and at night, per a trainer. And I will probably get yelled at for this, but I got a complementary 10 capsule bottle of OxyElite Pro from GNC... I don't take them much, but They do give you an enrgy burst and I don't drop after it wears off and they keep me feeling full when I do take them. You may check them out and I got the freebe recently, so they may still be offering it.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    **Danger Will Robinson Danger **
    Meh. The media and FDA wrongly banned ephedra based on the death of stupid athletes who had no idea how to use the supplement correctly.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    There's a lot of bad feedback on here for CLA, but I take it in the morning and at night, per a trainer. And I will probably get yelled at for this, but I got a complementary 10 capsule bottle of OxyElite Pro from GNC... I don't take them much, but They do give you an enrgy burst and I don't drop after it wears off and they keep me feeling full when I do take them. You may check them out and I got the freebe recently, so they may still be offering it.
    The trainer isn't correctly schooled in supplementation. Most just see what's in their gym or what's been passed around and make recommendations.
    OxyElite Pro is good for energy. I've tried it and it got me amped up a little.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Meh. The media and FDA wrongly banned ephedra based on the death of stupid athletes who had no idea how to use the supplement correctly.

Yea people. Don't take EC because if you don't use it correctly you will end up in the hospital, and I take no responsibility for stupid people. I get enough of them at my job. =)
  • rainbowbow
    Options

That's like saying
    "The FDA wrongly banned cigarettes based on the death of stupid people who didn't know how to use the carcinogens correctly"

• slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Chromium Piccolinate - protects muscle tissue while you are burning fat
    EFA's (fish oil, evening primrose oil, flax seed oil, borage oil etc...) - activate the brown fat cells in your body thus increasing your metabolism (brown fat is metabolically active as opposed to white fat which lumpy and ugly)
    Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
    Cinnamon - helps to regulate blood sugar levels
    Again supplements that have miniscule effects on thermogenisis.

Agreed, but safe and most (EFA's) have other health benefits.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options

I might suggest that if a supplement can be incorrectly taken....It may be considered dangerous.
    Kinda like electrical panel in your house is dangerous all the time......
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

I might suggest that if a supplement can be incorrectly taken....It may be considered dangerous.
    Kinda like electrical panel in your house is dangerous all the time......

^^ This
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    Here's what you do, tape heating pads to your body.. Tape all of their cords together and connect to a surge protecting power strip. Plug yourself in!

Also, do this in the middle of summer.

Works wonders for me

:)
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options

That's like saying
    "The FDA wrongly banned cigarettes based on the death of stupid people who didn't know how to use the carcinogens correctly"

No. It would be more like the FDA banning aspirin (which statistically causes MANY more health problems than Ephedrine ever did). In fact, it is still legal and readily available without a prescription as an asthma medication, right? (It just can't be marketed as a fat-loss supplement because people are stupid).

Besides, the ban had more to do with keeping it out of the hands of meth cooks.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

That's like saying

I can more than show enough proof from peer reviewed studies that shows that ephedra when taken in the right dosage is not any more dangerous than acetaminophen.
    You do realize that the FDA had to lift the ban because there was no scientific evidence to support the claim of it being dangerous?
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have started taking Andrew Lessman's Energy and Fat Metabolism Factors. Not necessarily for weight loss but for an energy boost. So far I like them. I have basically stopped drinking coffee. I just seem to have a natural boost of energy that lasts all day, without jitters.
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    I work in mass tort pharmaceutical litigation don't even get me started on what they pass and ban.

;P

That's like saying

I can more than show enough proof from peer reviewed studies that shows that ephedra when taken in the right dosage is not any more dangerous than acetaminophen.
    You do realize that the FDA had to lift the ban because there was no scientific evidence to support the claim of it being dangerous?
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options

That's like saying

Ephedra (herbal form) is still banned. Ephedrine (pharmaceutical grade) is not.

The herbal form can contain several other alkaloids which may cause issues, and is impossible to judge purity. Ephedrine HCL (or sulfate) has no such issues. I'm pretty sure this is what you're referring to.
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    PLEASE don't take any weight loss supplements. They are either a waste of time and money or can mess you up. There is a reason why EC is now illegal. Ive asked my doctor and he said whey protein is okay though.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've been using Capsiplex to give me energy to exercise for longer as have problems with energy due to my disability. Previously I struggled to manage 30 mins, I can do 2 hours after a Capsiplex and its meant to help you burn more. I also do my session first thing in morning around 5.30am (take the capsiplex at 5am) and do it on empty stomach so body has to use fat stores for the 2 hours session.

I've dropped more quicker since using them after initially taking 4 months just to drop the first 9lbs without it, I've dropped another 8 in a month, (maybe more by weigh-in as I've had monthlies this week too so gone back up 5 lb temporarily).

You can take it daily and use without exercise and its still meant to help you burn more, but I didn't relaise this and had been only taking it on the days I was doing exercise cos it says 'take 30-60mins before exercise' on the bottle! .. so had only been using it 2-3 times a week.

It's contains capsicum or something which is found naturally in Chilli's and is meant to help boost your metabolism. If you have a sensitive tummy or can't stand having your mouth burnt out form eating hot chilli's these are better as they are coated.. so you don't get that!! ... and they don' t have any kind of dangerous drug in them.. they're working for me so I'm sticking with them... I wouldn't be able to manage 2 hour sessions 2-3 times a week otherwise.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

That's like saying

Those athletes died because they were training in 100+ weather, not staying hydrated and taking supplements. A teenage girl died because she OD'ed on too much starbucks coffee, why hasn't starbucks coffee been banned also?