Model workouts?

Options

Replies

• cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Most models I have known didn't work out. They simply didn't eat. That's why eating disorders are so prevalent in that industry. Why not aspire to be like the fitness models instead? You will look great and your hair and teeth won't fall out.

True story. A lot of high fashion models don't workout, rather they subsist on coffee, cigarettes and speed (coke, if they're lucky and work a lot or get given it for free). An alarming number of them have EDs, not all, of course. It's not exactly a sustainable lifestyle and most of them wouldn't choose it if they weren't pressured to for fear of losing jobs to younger, thinner girls.

As soon as you resume eating normal foods you will gain it back. I'm 5'9 and my goal is 135 (not far from yours). You can totally reach your goal through healthy means it'll just take you longer. Start strength training three times a week and do some light cardio. If you're going to pick a model to *ahem* model your workout after choose someone like Marisa Miller who is somewhat athletic. If you google her and 'workouts' I'm sure you'll find something.
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of harshness going on here...just sayin'
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I think you (Jessica2Skinny) have a fantastic figure in your current picture. I can appreciate having an ultimate goal in your mind that you want to reach. If you're looking at toning up and losing those last pounds then I'd suggest jumping into a cardio program, doing some yoga. You know find an exercise that you might enjoy and you'll get where you want to be. :smile:

Best of luck. :flowerforyou:
  • SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Repeatedly vomitting really works the abs. That is all the model knowledge I have.
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    I do allot of cardio. I use the ab circle pro and aim to burn at least 100cals a day using that (: plus a healthy diet.
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    double post.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Well did she post for honest opinions or for us to pretend this is healthy and sustainable?
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Just fruits and vege's? Not healthy. Hopefully it's short term. Once you return to eating, you'll put it back on, which is why eating more sensibly is healthier.
    Cardio will help you loose the weight. Weights will tone the body and firm up the saggy skin...but I'm thinking you're young enough that your skin is still firm.
    Just do it in a HEALTHY way - those fad quick-loss diets are just that: Diets. We know they don't last, and in the end - they return and bring friends!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    light weights with high reps. Heavy weights will give you bulk.

*sigh*
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Well did she post for honest opinions or for us to pretend this is healthy and sustainable?

She asked for model workouts...so far I've seen maybe three or four responses that had to do with workouts. The rest have been rude posts making fun of models and berating her for her diet. Not only is it hurtful to see some of the things that people are saying about eating disorders, but much of it is untrue. The person who said vomiting works the abs for example? As someone who struggled with bulimia and anorexia in the past that is totally uncalled for. Thankfully, this is just the internet...where people like to give "honest opinions" in a way I'm sure they never would in rl.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

Agreed. If she wants to go on a certain diet, who is anyone else to judge? We're supposed to be supportive here, not negative. People are in their own rights to experiment and see what works. Being told, "You're setting yourself up for failure." while seeing great success is quite a troublesome contradiction. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Agreed. If she wants to go on a certain diet, who is anyone else to judge? We're supposed to be supportive here, not negative. People are in their own rights to experiment and see what works. Being told, "You're setting yourself up for failure." while seeing great success is quite a troublesome contradiction. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Eating 700 calories of fruit a day is going to make you very ill quite quickly. We are being responsible MFP folks and telling her like it is. This is a stupid diet and she needs to start eating a balanced diet before she finds herself with an eating disorder.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    We're supposed to be supportive here, not negative.

At what point does the individual decide that something is indeed unhealthy and that it shouldn't be supported? Lines need to be drawn somewhere.

I'm not saying it's okay to be rude to people, but in general, pointing out dangers or flaws in someones poor eating habits, isn't rude by itself.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    They are thin, sexy, and fit. Definitely not starving.

Agreed and drooling.
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    oh wow, a fruit and veggie diet? sounds like a great idea to me!

how long have you been on it?
    Yeah who needs protein....or muscles.

this!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

Oh is that how it works? Well then feel free to eat 700 calories a day and exercise more that that off. In fact - feel free to stop eating. Thats the fastest way to lose weight. Whatever works for you Im here to support you. I can also recommend some excellent products for when your hair starts to fall out.

This is called myfitnesspal it's a slap in the face for those of us that are here to eat healthy and support each other through sustainable weight healthy loss and fitness goals. I suppose we will be required to feel bad when someone gets sick from these stupid diets too.
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    After reviewing the comments made to the original post I'm a bit scared to post, but there are ways to get protein (and build muscle) that don't necessarily include eating meat and dairy and eggs. There are plenty of books on vegan nutrition. One of the books I have read on being vegan is:

Becoming Vegan: The Complete Guide to Adopting a Healthy Plant-Based Diet

and for those focused on fitness/body building here's a few different books on vegan diet (I haven't read it- just saw them on amazon):

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness (author is Robert Cheeke)
    Thrive: The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life (author is Brendan Brazier)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have no intention of supporting someone who is doing something stupid and harmful.
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options

I don't think it's right to be supportive of such unhealthy decisions. Granted it is her body and she can do what she wants with it but once she stops this diet the weight will start piling right back on.

BUT to answer your original question Jessica2Skinny, I'm guessing models don't do a lot of weight lifting. When you look at them they're mostly just skin and bones and most of them have eating disorders. They probably just do a lot of cardio, dancing, running, with a combination of not having a lot of calories.

AND as for the person who said that vomiting works the abs, that's just plain rude and uncalled for. I've suffered from bulimia for a number of years and there's honestly no need to make a comment like that.