Mio Liquid water enhancer

Options
124»

Replies

• fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I use MIO everyday , the water at work is not that great plus in that way I can drink so much more than if I was drinking plain water
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    My husband works in claims at a large grocery store and when those get shipped back to the company(expired or they ordered too many) he has to ship them back as corrosive hazardous material. Should we really be ingesting that?
    Yes.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Ok, you go for it!

All artificial sweeteners give me weird headaches, so I avoid them anyway.
  • laciemn
    laciemn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I keep MIO in my desk drawer because the water at work tastes pretty nasty but I only use a couple drops in my 24oz tumbler. Thankfully I travel alot so I don't drink it that often as I think that would get boring too. I would suggest adding frozen berries or citrus fruits to your water for a flavor boost over the MIO or Crystal light as natural is always better.

For those that like the occassional glass of soda you might try seltzer water with a splash or two of your favorite MIO flavor. I've found it's pretty hard to find diet grape or strawberry soda so this is perfect on occasion.

Just remember folks, everything in moderation!

Wal-Mart and Dollar General have 0 Calorie fruit flavored carbonated water. Cherry flavor is usually my favorite! Strawberry is good too. Give em a try, around 80 cent a liter for me.

Crystal Light and MIO are both nice! Also my favorite is Dasani Pina Colada. Dasani Pink Lemonade is nice, too. MIO Energy has caffeine, I like the citrus flavored one. Great Value(walmart brand) has a nice fruit punch flavor without caffeine. Crystal Light Mojito is also really yummy. As you can tell, I like flavored water!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    My husband works in claims at a large grocery store and when those get shipped back to the company(expired or they ordered too many) he has to ship them back as corrosive hazardous material. Should we really be ingesting that?
    Yes.
    FDA approved, cheap, tasty, low cal... YES!

http://www.nbcchicago.com/investigations/target-5-water-enhancers-177801571.html

The most troubling ingredient is the caffeine, for teens who drink the whole bottle like a shot. Call the hazmat truck! :laugh:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweetener, artificial color, artificial flavor - why would ANYone want to use it?
    Because they make the water taste better?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Who said it did? In fact, I thought the clear implication was that it helped me drink more *water*.

Sorry if I misunderstood. It says plain water, so I was confused. I have seen the argument made before, though! My apologies. :smile:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am actually partial to the Kool-aid cherry flavor and Hawaiian Punch (takes me back to my childhood). I don't drink them often but do enjoy a little flavor in my water on occasion.
  • MzFyreKitty
    Options
    Whatever is in it, hurts my stomach :( I prefer water, lemonade with real lemons, tea (without caffeine) or even occasionally coffee (decafe and not instant). But that's just me. When I tried the Mio, it was sooooo sweet and I normally liked things very sweet back then but too sweet for even me! If you like it, it's up to you to decide. We aren't all 100% "healthy" all the time and what to me might be "healthy" to you might not be and vice versa...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Ok, you go for it!

All artificial sweeteners give me weird headaches, so I avoid them anyway.

K
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Whatever is in it, hurts my stomach :( I prefer water, lemonade with real lemons, tea (without caffeine) or even occasionally coffee (decafe and not instant). But that's just me. When I tried the Mio, it was sooooo sweet and I normally liked things very sweet back then but too sweet for even me! If you like it, it's up to you to decide. We aren't all 100% "healthy" all the time and what to me might be "healthy" to you might not be and vice versa...

If you put less in then it is less sweet. Sugar works the same way.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Who said it did? In fact, I thought the clear implication was that it helped me drink more *water*.

Sorry if I misunderstood. It says plain water, so I was confused. I have seen the argument made before, though! My apologies. :smile:
    Accepted, but no big deal. I've seen the "does Mio count as water" threads all over the internet. I was just trying to say that it benefits me because it helps me drink a ton more water than I would otherwise. So, if drinking more water is a tangible benefit, Mio gives me a tangible benefit.

Have a good one.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about it, just use it occasionally to give yourself a break from straight water. It's a great way to transition to water if you're used to sugary drinks and cokes.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Mio is yummy. I have a hard time drinking water without enhancements most of the time. The big negative with flavor enhancers is that they contain acid which is bad for your teeth. Keep in mind, however, that citrus fruits also have a lot of acid in them.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I used it and it was good. If you get it, only squirt a tiny bit in, then add if you want. A little goes a long way.

I have no idea how unhealthy it may be.

I don't buy the stuff myself because I can drink regular water. But when I used it, it tasted good. Strawberry or raspberry, I think.