Makeup or no makeup? what is better?

Options

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    The only makeup I'm wearing in my pictures is mascara in all of them, chapstick in one, and eyeliner in one...

Are you saying you're not wearing lip tint, eye liner and mascara (at least) in your default profile pic?

Chapstick and mascara.

Some people look just as good without makeup as others do with it. I am not the kind of girl who needs to wear makeup, and actually I kind of look like crap when I do. I guess it's a trade off.

Got it. Well, I, personally, look like absolute sheeeeit w/o AT LEAST concealer, foundation, loose powder, mascara and lip gloss. Ideally also eyeshadow and liner. You're lucky you don't need all that crap.

For comparison, these are old pics from when I was about 40 lbs. heavier but they will do:

DSCF0188.jpg

3crop-1.jpg

So, as much as I wish I could skip it, it's not a good idea. lol
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I barely wear any makeup, I wear a bit of cover up, mascara, and maybe some blush and lip gloss and I am good to go.

No offense, but besides some lipstick, eyeliner, and eyeshadow, what else is there to put on?! XD
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    I don't even own any make up it feels gross and life is to short. Also as they say you can't polish a turd lol
    Life is too short? Makeup doesn't have to take much time. But good for you nonetheless.
  • NostalgicDruid
    Options
    I don't get the heavy heavy stuff either. I think it makes you look fake and less beautiful, not more. But then I don't get a lot of things like dyed black hair or nipple rings I'm getting older and more clueless apparently.

LOL. You always crack me up.
  • NostalgicDruid
    Options
    McKay, you have really pretty eyes.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I like makeup. I like eyeshadow, and I like doing cool effects with it. I don't look like a friggin drag queen, and I know I look pretty good without makeup, 'cause all it does is enhance, and add color.

I also like girls who wear nice makeup. But I like natural girls sometimes too. I don't know.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options

Thank you. That's very sweet.

I, personally, think real women are much prettier anyway. The Hollywood standard of "perfection" shouldn't be anyone's goal. I think the idea is to just be the most confident version of yourself and, for some of us, that means "be attractive". Makeup is such a popular part of the beauty industry for good reason. I don't really get why people knock it so much. Seems like a case of "thou doth protest too much".
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options

That's what I was thinking!
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I barely wear any makeup, I wear a bit of cover up, mascara, and maybe some blush and lip gloss and I am good to go.

No offense, but besides some lipstick, eyeliner, and eyeshadow, what else is there to put on?! XD

Foundation, bronzer, highlighter, lipstick, eyeliner and eyeshadow are all things I don't wear (on special occasions I will wear a few of them, but not daily)

I think you misread my comment haha
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

Some people might consider that a lot of makeup. It's all relative.

The older I've become, the less makeup I wear; usually just a swipe of eyeliner across the top of my eyelashes is it (excepting performances, of course).
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any... never cared for it really.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    aaaahhh to be young again. When I was your age I didn't wear make-up either, by the time you'll hit your thirties, trust me you'll want a little extra on.

My mom is a drop dead gorgeous 36 year old women who wears less makeup than I do, haha. I have some good genetics!

To me, it looks like you're wearing an average amount of makeup in your pictures. I wouldn't call it a light touch by any means so I'm not entirely sure where you're coming from. Are you talking about girls like this?

RvMXHl.png

Because I have only seen that online or on TV. Never in real life.

Oh my god!!! When I saw this picture I busted out laughing! And I HAVE seen this in real life! I used to work with a girl who did the orange caked makeup thing.
  • Being2befit
    Being2befit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like my makeup and I like no makep if im going out yes I get dolled up, but if im going to store liner lip gloss a touch of blush and im good.. :) alot of times I get hit on without wearing makeup..its really nice :)
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    I didn't wear any makeup until I was about 23. Then I started wearing a little bit of foundation under my eyes, because they started to get a little dark under and it helped me to not look tired. Then I started trying a little eye shadow, especially sparkly eyeshadow.

More recently I started trying some mascara, once my sister taught me how to do it properly. And now I sometimes wear eyeliner as well! But I never cake stuff on or go excessive with it. Actually, in my profile pictures I'm only wearing makeup in a couple of them, and only wearing eyeliner and shadow in one!

I wear mascara pretty much every day now, since it goes well with the short hairstyle I currently have.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I think the whole idea is honestly stupid. Women look perfect how God created them. Why change how you look?

I've never worn it before and personally I don't know that I need it. My sister made me try it for my high school graduation. Only the bare minimum, I wouldn't let her go all out. I hated it so much I wiped it off.

People tell me all the time that I should try it. They say I would look better with it. But me, no thanks. I prefer natural.
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    I think the whole idea is honestly stupid. Women look perfect how God created them. Why change how you look?

I've never worn it before and personally I don't know that I need it. My sister made me try it for my high school graduation. Only the bare minimum, I wouldn't let her go all out. I hated it so much I wiped it off.

People tell me all the time that I should try it. They say I would look better with it. But me, no thanks. I prefer natural.

If you really think that you'd think people should go without clothes, too (in good weather at least)!

You are young and cute, and look totally great without makeup! Easier for people with your looks to feel this way ;-)
  • JustEllieK
    Options

If you really think that you'd think people should go without clothes, too (in good weather at least)!

You are young and cute, and look totally great without makeup! Easier for people with your looks to feel this way ;-)
    o

Well first thank you for the compliment. But I think society puts way too much emphasis on looks. People look way more attractive when they have a legit personality. But I certainly have my days where I look completely awful and worse than my pictures. And when I was younger, don't get me started. So I know what its like to look terrible. I look in the mirror every day.
  • mruszaj
    mruszaj Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    AHHHH i think its cuz ur naturally pretty :) some of us r not so lucky. btw i have a few friends in wood dale, im from chicago :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    RvMXHl.png

Because I have only seen that online or on TV. Never in real life.

LOL she reminds me of a funny gay man in a beauty pageant/talent show that I saw on TV called ShowGay.
  • JustEllieK
    Options
    What the hell is that?:noway: