What do you do when you are sick?

13»

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    I'm sick this week and had to force myself not to go to the gym. For one thing...I know my body needs the rest, even if my head doesn't want to accept that, and second...I can't stand the (well deserved) dirty looks from other people at the gym if I'm going to be hacking and sneezing while I'm there.
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    If I really and truly feel like I'd feel better after I worked out, I'd work out. If I have the full body aches and feel feverish where even my HAIR hurts, I curl up in a little ball under a blankie.

I also don't log my food intake when I'm actively sick. I don't want to think about calories or macros, either trying to eat less or trying to eat more.

This! I have a nasty cold and sore throat, and I still ran in the rain today. I felt better when I was done. I'm starting to feel icky again now, so I'll just rest for the evening.
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    I've heard to use the neck as a rule of thumb.....if it's above the neck or above - you are OK to exercise (head cold, congestion, sinus, nasal drainage, mild sore throat) but just go slow and don't wipe yourself out. If it's below the neck then just rest (if it's in your lungs)....I don't know if this is legit or not, but I've used it to gauge a workout when I wasn't feeling my best....
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    I didnt feel like I had energy last night after work, so I took some nyquil and got some rest. Feeling a little bit better today, and hopefully I'll feel even better by tomorrow.