• scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    willpower and music.

^^This for me, too!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I am going to try using my kindle next time.
    But usually I just watch TV. I much rather be outside though ;)
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Oh - AND I like doing intervals... for some reason, when I am only focused on a minute or two or three at a time - my time on the TM really whizzes by.
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Netflix instant tv shows on my iPad. I've already finished Drop Dead Diva and now I'm on King of the Hill! =D
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    When I am at my local gym... everything! Will power, music, TV, conversation....but when I travel for work (which is pretty frequently) it is my second husband, my Kindle that helps me along! I set it up on the treadmill and pick a speed and I am gone! My mind devours the story and I don't even know the time is ticking by... it is SO hard for me to get motivated to work out when I stuck in a hotel somewhere and reading is my one constant. I wear progressive lenses so the being able to enlarge the type makes it easy since I don't run with my glasses on!
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Imagining one of those hot beefed up dudes who is lifting weights is watching me counting the minutes I can run for.

I am clearly insane.

you know, a lot of the time, your right... although maybe not counting so much...
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My music and the fact the cardio room faces the mountains.

I don't see how people can read and workout. I'm going at it 100% and don't see how its possible.
    I completely agree with this. I guess if I were walking, then I could read on the treadmill. But if I'm on the treadmill, which is not my favorite thing, I'm making it some quality time. I'm pushing it.
  • QueenyJ
    Options
    Young and the Restless One Hour Monday through Friday... If I miss my scheduled cycling class.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Music.
    Watching the beefed up guys lifting weights.
    Size 6 jeans.
    Victoria's Secret Holiday catolog.
    Screaming keep going you fatty in my head.
    Imagining one of those hot beefed up dudes who is lifting weights is watching me counting the minutes I can run for.

I am clearly insane.

generally agree with all of the above!!!!!
  • bluebutterflyzz
    bluebutterflyzz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with the posters that said you're not working hard enough if you're reading while you're on the treadmill. I know with the kindle or nook (which is what I have), in order to keep reading while running I just have to make the font much bigger so I can read while running hard. It was the only thing that got me through C25K but now I think I can only run outdoors cause I loooooooathe the treadmills at the gym.
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Options
    the tunes:)
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Options
    Music.
    Watching the beefed up guys lifting weights.
    Size 6 jeans.
    Victoria's Secret Holiday catolog.
    Screaming keep going you fatty in my head.

I am clearly insane.

lol:)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Sadly, sometimes nothing keeps me on there. I'm very uncoordinated and frequently fell off when trying to run or do a fast walk on the treadmill. So I sold it.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    i have set distances /goals everyday, music so i dont hear my breathing
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I love to run, but to get me on a treadmill these days is gonna take a gun pointed at me.
    And after about 5 minutes I'd just tell them to pull the trigger. ;)
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have tried and tried to stay on the treadmill, I have ran 2 halfs and have another in March 2012, but I never seem to run before the event... I try, but the longest I have been on a treadmill is about 10 mins... I manage longer on the cross trainer...........

I just warm up on the treadmill, then jump on the cross trainer, 30 seconds to kill myself then 1min recovery, do this for as long as I can, then jump off and hit the weights... I only do weights for about 20 mins, maybe longer as I still dont know 100% what I am doing just yet....

I find the treadmills so boring......... I have had friends who are personal trainers, with me, but for some reason I dont like them...

I do enjoy running outside, with friends, but alone, I find it boring... I just find running boring, I just like the feeling after a half, when my brain in feeling weird and I am on a high, so I book another half.. LOL xxxxxxxxx I would love to get that high from a treadmill, I have tried, but get soooooooooooo board...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Thought I might get some tips from this forum...................... xx
  • Tammylyn117
    Options
    Moving my legs so I don't fall on my *kitten*.

...erm...sorry...

Could you please repeat the question?

LoL Too funny!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    For me I use the R. bike and I just watch tv because with out some thing to do cardio is sooooo boring but it goes by fast for me when I am watching a program or movie.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I love to run, but to get me on a treadmill these days is gonna take a gun pointed at me.
    And after about 5 minutes I'd just tell them to pull the trigger. ;)

I'm with you!! Just shoot me!! (...only that would be the easy way out.)