Coffee.. good or bad?

Options
This is the one thing I drink on a daily basis that I don'tknow.. I record the creamer calories. .but Is coffee good or bad? Is there any nutritional value?

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    i dont think there is too much harm besides possible dehydration with it and of coarse the creamer. i drink 3 cups a day to keep me going because i work 3rd shift. just watch how much creamer you use and drink some water throughout the day too.
  • wackynunu
    wackynunu Posts: 103
    Options
    If coffee is wrong, I don't want to be right. I just make sure to log it.
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options

lol I agree
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    There's been some stuff in the paper lately (at least where I am, you might google) about the health benefits of coffee. Especially in women. I think it' a couple of calories per cup (like 2 or 3) so if you like it why not drink it?
  • krisvtx8777
    Options
    Did I read that right....Coffee and Bad in the same sentence? :wink:

I love coffee, have to have my ONE large cup every morning, unfortunately my creamer sets me back 70 calories, but some things are just WORTH it! It's my one vice!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    This is the one thing I drink on a daily basis that I don'tknow.. I record the creamer calories. .but Is coffee good or bad? Is there any nutritional value?

it's like 5 cals per cup
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Coffee does NOT dehydrate. I really wish that myth would go away. It's full of antioxidants, and it's damn good for you.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I heard recently that darker roasts actually have some mild health benefits. For the average, healthy adult, coffee causes no problems that I'm aware of-- just don't drink so much that it makes you jittery!! The creamer and sugar is where the calories come from-- Black coffee has 0 calories.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It's fine and even good for you, unless you overdo it or add a lot of things you don't really need to.
  • SuperKatie
    SuperKatie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just read a magazine article that coffee is pretty good for you. Has antioxidants. They say just to make sure to limit it.
  • bandsmartin
    Options
    coffee is ok...I have been told that for every cup of coffee you drink you should counter it with an extra 8oz glass of water on top of the 8 glasses you are already drinking...try decaf it can be included in your 8- 8oz glasses of water
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options

lol I agree
    HAHA. Yes!! I love my coffee and I use up calories on peppermint mocha creamer every morning and it's TOTALLY WORTH IT. I love coffee...I may have one right now. :-D
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    tumblr_kupx5wVKa21qzqvm2o1_400.gif

GOOOOOOOD!
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine why it would be bad. Its just coffee beans and water except for the creamer and sugar. Just go light on those two things and as long as you log the calories from them you'll be ok. I always have heard if ya drink a cup before a meal you'll feel fuller faster wether thats true or not. But I do believe Dr. Oz has said coffee is actually good. I know I can't live without it :) Dr. Oz has also said just here recently that real sugar is better for ya than the artificial sweetners, just thought I'd pass that along.
  • victoriaftw
    Options
    coffee is very harmful to the body. even decaf isn't great for you. Coffee is highly acidic. Highly acidic foods (not to be confused with the acid in citrus foods) produce fat cells in order to keep the acid away from your body organs. Also, keep in mind that we import coffee beans from other countries where they use harmful insecticides (such as DD7) that even WE don't allow in the US.

Maybe you could try herbal organic tea to start your day instead? :)
  • Taskcr
    Taskcr Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks so much everybody! :o)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I will give up potato chips, I will give up ice cream, but I will cut a b*tch who tries to take away my coffee...
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    There is research going on that indicates coffee may be a preventative for Dementia like Alzhiemers. Early yet but mice studies indicate that approx 40oz of black coffee per day may forestall and even regress early stages of Alzhiemers.
  • Taskcr
    Taskcr Posts: 25
    Options
    coffee is very harmful to the body. even decaf isn't great for you. Coffee is highly acidic. Highly acidic foods (not to be confused with the acid in citrus foods) produce fat cells in order to keep the acid away from your body organs. Also, keep in mind that we import coffee beans from other countries where they use harmful insecticides (such as DD7) that even WE don't allow in the US.

Maybe you could try herbal organic tea to start your day instead? :)

OH MY!
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Good and bad. Cheers!