GOOOOOOOD!

I LOVE Toothpaste for Dinner!
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    Coffee should count as fiber... just saying
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I will give up potato chips, I will give up ice cream, but I will cut a b*tch who tries to take away my coffee...

Right there with you!
  • Legalchica
    Options
    If coffee is wrong, I don't want to be right. I just make sure to log it.

THIS!!! THIS THIS
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    You will have to pry the coffee from my cold, dead hands. Much like the bacon.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Here's a published, peer-reviewed journal article on coffee and Alzheimer's:

http://iospress.metapress.com/content/356hp5k5k142555v/

Basically, they found that in mice, caffeine reduced the abmormal protein that they believe is the main factor involved in developing Alzheimer's. No abnormal protein = no Alzheimer's development. They said the amount given was the human equvalent of about 5 cups a day.

SCIENCE!! :love:
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    This is the one thing I drink on a daily basis that I don'tknow.. I record the creamer calories. .but Is coffee good or bad? Is there any nutritional value?

I think God made coffee before he made the heaven's and the earth..just sayin!
  • jmuhnie
    jmuhnie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21432699

The problem with using creamer in coffee is that it binds up the antioxidants and has calories. Couldn't find the article. I drink my coffee black because of this reason. Just get good coffee to drink and you don't need creamer.
  • djdelano
    Options
    Tiger's right on

Check out any diet and you'll find... CAFFEINE!

Coffee is the single most, natural, abundant, and damn tasty place to get caffeine.

Coffee gets a bad rap because of the teeth thing, that's a shame, that's going away since it was long paired with smoking, (coffee and smokes anyone? yuck)

Just log it.

I drink probably close to 45 ounces of coffee a day, I see my doc every 2yrs or less for checkups. The last time I went in he said : take your shirt off, .. he looked at me for about 5 seconds and said, I'm gonna bet you could have waited another year to see me.

I do agree somewhat that artifical sweetners in excess is something you should avoid. So if you're worried about that, plain ol suger in the bag will do quite nicely.

I'm tired of coffee getting a bad rap, check every major dietary supplement out there, you'll see caffeine. Why pay a jabillion dollars for a bucket of pills when a good cup a' jo will do the trick.

Coffee is natural as well, and you can pay a little extra and get the organic grounds even.

Coffee everyday.
    Wine once a week (single glass of red) . I don't even like the taste. But it's good for ju!

mmm I think I'll have a cup right now.
    -D
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    coffee is very harmful to the body. even decaf isn't great for you. Coffee is highly acidic. Highly acidic foods (not to be confused with the acid in citrus foods) produce fat cells in order to keep the acid away from your body organs. Also, keep in mind that we import coffee beans from other countries where they use harmful insecticides (such as DD7) that even WE don't allow in the US.

Maybe you could try herbal organic tea to start your day instead? :)

Your stomach is full of acid. That's how you digest food. The acid in a cup of coffee is not going to change the Ph of your body.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I will give up potato chips, I will give up ice cream, but I will cut a b*tch who tries to take away my coffee...

Amen!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    This is the one thing I drink on a daily basis that I don'tknow.. I record the creamer calories. .but Is coffee good or bad? Is there any nutritional value?

I think God made coffee before he made the heaven's and the earth..just sayin!

He had to drink coffee to stay awake to make the heavens and the earth
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21432699

The problem with using creamer in coffee is that it binds up the antioxidants and has calories. Couldn't find the article. I drink my coffee black because of this reason. Just get good coffee to drink and you don't need creamer.
    Note the opening of the abstract that talks about evidence becoming available supporting coffee's health benefits. Seems like so many other things worse than coffee to obsessively worry over. Like punching yourself in the face. Way more damaging.

I get the guilty by association thing - the negatives of creamer and cream substitutes. The chemicals in the nondairy stuff consumed daily probably aren't great. And of course, all the evil and ne'er-do-welling that sugar is responsible for. But that guilt by association is always lame because the "findings" get reported in too general a way, we leave context and details out, and suddenly coffee is to blame for things done by creamers and sugars. Same thing happened with crack babies. (Yes, I did just shift from coffee creamer to crack babies. Keep up.) Lots of studies with crack babies - and really, as much/more so with fetal alcohol syndrome - were reported and talked about before some smart people realized that most of the subjects studied were also heavy smokers. The sad truth is that you don't find a lot of pregnant moms who get drunk or smoke coke and don't also smoke cigarettes. So a lot of the damage reported in crack baby and fetal alcohol syndrome studies were actually nicotine damage. Anyway, now I'm sad.

Much of coffee's bad reputation is from the associated guilts (creamers, sugars, sitting for hours not exercising in a coffee shop with your MacBook and hipster glasses reading Ayn Rand.) I agree that good coffee requires less to cover up the taste. I started drinking coffee black because I was a codependent nutjob more than two decades ago sitting in smoky rooms and didn't want to bother anyone with "making" coffee for me. Black was simpler. But now, people think I'm a coffee snob because I will politely ask for a fresh pot when it tastes old and/or burned. Creamer and sugar can mask the nastiness of bad coffee.
  • lucythinmint
    Options

Exactly! I keep my creamer to a minimum but COFFEE=LIFE!! :drinker:
  • jheilala63
    Options
    I'm tinkering with the idea of drinking coffee and I'm seeing mixed reviews on whether it's good if it's bad especially with the lifestyle change. I can't drink black coffee because it's just nasty so I'd more than likely have to add some creamer to it. Any suggestions? Pros? Cons?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Although I only drink 2 cups a day...the world would be a sad place without those 2 cups!!! It's what you add to it that makes it calorie heavy. I keep mine lite - about 2 teaspoon's of powdered creamer and a tiny bit of almond extract Perfect!
  • shellybean73
    shellybean73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

pretty much!
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If coffee is bad then I am in trouble. I love hazelnut coffee with a splash of almond milk. mmmm
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    drink away.