Who cares?

Grow up & move on.

I never see the point of thee posts. We are just poking fun :P
    Fun is illegal...didn't you get the memo? lol
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

By making fun of others? By ridiculing people who are only trying to better themselves? It's immature and belongs in high school.

When I go to the gym I focus on myself and my goals. If others do it different to me then more power to them. Ultimately I'm paying my 50 dollars a month to make myself better not to be negative and nasty to others.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options

By making fun of others? By ridiculing people who are only trying to better themselves? It's immature and belongs in high school.

When I go to the gym I focus on myself and my goals. If others do it different to me then more power to them. Ultimately I'm paying my 50 dollars a month to make myself better not to be negative and nasty to others.
    We're not being negative. Is having a little fun offensive these days? Must be. '-' everything else is.
  • evil_rider
    Options
    Please stop. It doesn't look as cool as you think it does. Thanks.

You can add Tap Out , Skin and Affliction T's to this list.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options

my bf owns a shirt made by all three of those companies. I have a skin shirt aswell '-'
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Let's not exclude the women who wear them, wearing full make-up, and smelling like a French Ho!

Nothing worse then perfume girl getting on the treadmill next to you going for a stroll.

smelling like cigarette smoke is almost as bad.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Guys...tight, plain white tees are good :)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    We're not being negative. Is having a little fun offensive these days? Must be. '-' everything else is.

You are ridiculing people for what they wear. There are other posters who are calling women horrible names for wearing clothing that is different to what they would wear. How is that 'fun'? How is that not being negative?

At my current gym I had a guy make fun of me because of my weight. Told me to get my fat *kitten* off the equipment so the people who are worth a damn could use it. What you are doing is similar. You're just not doing it to their faces.

Life's too short to worry about others.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    Let's not exclude the women who wear them, wearing full make-up, and smelling like a French Ho!

Nothing worse then perfume girl getting on the treadmill next to you going for a stroll.

smelling like cigarette smoke is almost as bad.
    Cigarette smoke isn't all that bad lol once your use to it
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options

You are ridiculing people for what they wear. There are other posters who are calling women horrible names for wearing clothing that is different to what they would wear. How is that 'fun'? How is that not being negative?

At my current gym I had a guy make fun of me because of my weight. Told me to get my fat *kitten* off the equipment so the people who are worth a damn could use it. What you are doing is similar. You're just not doing it to their faces.

I wouldn't ever make fun of someone for their weight or for what they wear. I know personally what thats like. My whole highschool life was exactly like that. Thats part of why I dont really have emotions towards how others feel about what I say sometimes. What I'm basically trying to say is h's effed up my life.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I really don't care what someone is wearing as long as it's not perfume. It's the kind of thing that makes you wanna *say* something. I wonder how rude that would be, to mention to someone that they are making everyone around them queasy?
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    I really don't care what someone is wearing as long as it's not perfume. It's the kind of thing that makes you wanna *say* something. I wonder how rude that would be, to mention to someone that they are making everyone around them queasy?
    Not to mention some people could be allergic to the perfume. Pretty sure no one wants to use a machine right after perfume girl and get an allergic reaction.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My bandana is about sweat control-- not looking hot.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Hey, I used to wear a bandana to the gym because I thought it looked cool when I was 17. Then I realized that most of the things I did when I was 17 were stupid and I wasn't a pirate (much to my dismay) and a hat would serve many of the same functions without the *kitten* overtones of the bandana wrapped around my dome. I'm just saying . . .

And you think a hat looks better? Oops.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    Hey, I used to wear a bandana to the gym because I thought it looked cool when I was 17. Then I realized that most of the things I did when I was 17 were stupid and I wasn't a pirate (much to my dismay) and a hat would serve many of the same functions without the *kitten* overtones of the bandana wrapped around my dome. I'm just saying . . .

And you think a hat looks better? Oops.
    depending on the type of hat it probably does look better.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

That guy is a %$#(*#)% %()*)(#$ and he deserves a punch in the $%()#*%.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry that happened. Nothing like a rude jerk to undermine your confidence. I'd just tell him you paid good money to be there, too, so he can just take his rude self elsewhere until you're finished! You are worth fighting for, no matter what that jerk thinks. I don't think anyone here was trying to be insulting, just commenting on the ridiculousness of what some people wear to the gym. I can understand women coming right from work with makeup on; I personally take mine off because I hate how it feels when I sweat. But people who get gussied up and spend the whole workout texting...makes you question how seriously they're taking it.

I have to agree with everyone about perfume/cologne. I can't walk through that section of the department stores without my throat immediately starting to get scratchy, then I start sneezing and coughing. Not what I need while working out...I'm already getting out of breath all by myself!

All this talk makes me glad that my gym is pretty quiet. I've never seen more than about 5 or 6 people in there at a time at the hour I go. Everyone keeps to themselves. Most just wear a t-shirt and shorts or workout pants, nothing crazy.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on context. Sometimes it can be pretty obvious who's wearing one for fashion and who's wearing for utility.

I think perhaps, though, that a blanket statement could be a taken in the wrong way certainly. If I had lost all my hair due to cancer treatments and had started going back to the gym and wore bandanas, I probably wouldn't feel like I was being singled out, but it might sting a little briefly. If nothing else it would only serve to make me feel self conscious.

Obviously I don't think the OP's intent was to make cancer survivors feel bad; that would be wildly unfair. I'm just saying we have limited control over how our messages are interpreted, and being mindful of that isn't a bad thing.
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    First of all rudeness has no place at a gym or anywhere else, there's always a better way. After all, "excuse me" is just a polite way of saying "move yer *kitten* outta my way!"

2ndly name calling is just juvenile, the dude needs to grow up.

I don't go to a gym but after last night it looks more attractive to me, jerks and all. Fell on my butt at the bottom of the hole in my squat at 120, and no power rack!

Only reasonable reasons to ask some one to move from gym equiptment.
    1) Not using it for its intended reason i.e. sitting on a bench in a power rack doing arm curls!
    2) Taking way too long between sets, i.e. long enough for someone to get in a set
    That's pretty much it! Otherwise they need to just wait their freakin turn and have some manners, and even if one of those 2 conditions exist, there's no reason not to be polite about asking!

I don't really care what you wear as long as it doesn't require me to see anything that shouldn't be seen in public!