To All The Guys Who Wear Bandanas At The Gym

Options

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    You are ridiculing people for what they wear. There are other posters who are calling women horrible names for wearing clothing that is different to what they would wear. How is that 'fun'? How is that not being negative?

At my current gym I had a guy make fun of me because of my weight. Told me to get my fat *kitten* off the equipment so the people who are worth a damn could use it. What you are doing is similar. You're just not doing it to their faces.

Life's too short to worry about others.

There are few things in this world that cannot be solved by a swift kick in the junk/lady-junk. It's a multi-taskers dream action. It says 'Excuse me sir/miss, I don't appreciate your attitude and your actions are completely unacceptable' while also giving you a giggle. Both of these things happen AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!

On a seperate and completely unrelated subject. Assault charges are REALLY expensive. Write your congressmen to reduce the penalties.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is serious about the gym, really isn't going to care if you think their bandana looks silly.

A lot of people dress like *kitten* and think it looks cool and are all about that. But if someone is wearing a bandana to keep the sweat or their hair out of their face, so they can focus on their routine, kudos to them.

If you're spending all of you time scoping out peoples outfits, instead of lifting, please stop.
  • ImNotStarving
    Options
    Maybe the girls with their faces all done up and hair looking cute, came to the gym right after work. i do this 90% of the time.

As do I, but I usually throw my hair up in a messy ponytail, throw on a sports bra and workout clothes, and don't look very "done up" anymore :) At least I don't think so LOL.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    There's nothing worse than someone getting on the treadmill next to you doused on perfume or cologne.

Ugh yes. Last week this happened with a guy and it felt like the cologne was burning when I was breathing in. I was in the middle of running and couldn't really switch machines either.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    On this same board, a number of people post threads here about being scared or nervous about going to the gym because they are worried that people are going to look at them and judge them. And tons of people always jump in to encourage them to go by saying that people at the gym are too focused on their own workout to notice others and just go and get your workout on.

Then threads like this are posted that, while as a joke or not, which are purposefully judging other people at their gyms. Kind of a mixed message going on here.

I think that a good general rule is that if you wouldn't say something to someone's face, then you probably also shouldn't post it on the Internet. Your conscious and personal morals are telling you that it's probably impolite and not needed, so trust that, even if your sarcastic side really wants to look clever online, because it will likely turn out just like this every time. :)
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    hmm i definitely get the feeling though that the main people that are being judged and or made fun of if you will are the ones who aren't very serious about what they're doing at the gym. If you're focused on your workout, and obviously working hard, I don't think it's a problem. It's exactly what someone else said on here - is it about fashion or utility? For me, I love that I can go to the gym and not worry about how I look. Part of it is just me - I'm married, not looking for any action or affirmation from anyone there, so its no biggie. I do try not to look gross, but thats hard if I run. haha.
  • stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Maybe the girls with their faces all done up and hair looking cute, came to the gym right after work. i do this 90% of the time.

^This. Me too. I'm one of those girls all done up with my makeup on because I go to the gym after I've worked all day. Believe me, I don't go to the gym with makeup on to look cute. I look anything BUT after I'm done working out! :embarassed:

And really, who cares? I don't even notice what others are doing or wearing for that matter. I'm there to get a workout, not participate in the gym fashion show. Just sayin. :grumble:
  • stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    GAH! Double post! :blushing:
  • lannlynn
    lannlynn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I wear a hat, it's the best way to keep sweat out of my face because I sweat, I am usually dripping by the time I leave. I am not there to look good, I could care less about how people think I look. Sorry! For me, the gym is not a social place, I got to work out and working out means sweating. It's working for me!
  • lannlynn
    lannlynn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I wear a hat, it's the best way to keep sweat out of my face because I sweat, I am usually dripping by the time I leave. I am not there to look good, I could care less about how people think I look. Sorry! For me, the gym is not a social place, I got to work out and working out means sweating. It's working for me!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    We're not being negative. Is having a little fun offensive these days? Must be. '-' everything else is.

You are ridiculing people for what they wear. There are other posters who are calling women horrible names for wearing clothing that is different to what they would wear. How is that 'fun'? How is that not being negative?

At my current gym I had a guy make fun of me because of my weight. Told me to get my fat *kitten* off the equipment so the people who are worth a damn could use it. What you are doing is similar. You're just not doing it to their faces.

Life's too short to worry about others.

You know what you should do? Use this as motivation. Lose all your weight, get seriously in shape, then go in there in your best workout outfit and walk up to him and remind of the ugly thing he said to you. I'm sure the look on his face will be worth every drop of sweat!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    My question would be whether they're being worn for fashion or utility. It's annoying to have hair and sweat in your face while working out. Sweat dripping in your eyes is a not a fun experience. Something to think about.

exactly why i wear one to the gym.
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some people are more interested in other peoples' business more than their own?
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I wear a cute sloppy bun...how do you all wear your hair? I'm sure it's cute no matter how you still wear it so I dont see what the issue is. I always wear a headband because I hate sweat running down my face.. I have class all day and then go to the gym so I still have some make up on but I just want to get my workout done and over with and get out of there... When I go early mornings, I don't put anything on....

Some girls may over do it with the perfume and all... And someone said something about girls texting on the elliptical... Um I do that! I text, sometimes on MFP reading threads like this one, reading a magazine, a book, studying for an exam, watching YouTube on my phone, etc..to keep my mind busy so I can get through my workout in one piece.

And I think it's best to focus on your workout than other people's appearance.. I guess I'll be talked about all the time by some of you if we ever were at the same gym..
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Please stop. It doesn't look as cool as you think it does. Thanks.

You can add Tap Out , Skin and Affliction T's to this list.

Guys...tight, plain white tees are good :)

I tried that.. but when it gets all sweat soaked you an see right through it. It's also hard to peel off a wet t-shirt.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    You know what you should do? Use this as motivation. Lose all your weight, get seriously in shape, then go in there in your best workout outfit and walk up to him and remind of the ugly thing he said to you. I'm sure the look on his face will be worth every drop of sweat!

No need. My gym banned him. (did I mention I love my gym?) I have nothing to prove to him anyways.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't ever make fun of someone for their weight or for what they wear.

Let's not exclude the women who wear them, wearing full make-up, and smelling like a French Ho!

Nothing worse then perfume girl getting on the treadmill next to you going for a stroll.

This! I see girls at the rec center with their face painted on, hair all pretty in a cute messy bun, strong perfume, and dangly earrings xD

Maybe they are the local gym sluts?

lmao...maybe i'm missing something but you are indeed making fun of people and what they wear. i don't care either way, but i think it's hilarious that you say you don't do it..if you're going to do it, own up to it, people do it all the time.
  • NPetrakis
    NPetrakis Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Please stop. It doesn't look as cool as you think it does. Thanks.

ROFL! So true!
  • AppleADayAmber
    Options
    confession time. I wear mascara and powder to the gym. I was raised by, and am now myself, a southern woman. You don't get the mail, mow the yard, open a window without your face on. No worries, by the time I leave the gym most of my makeup is in a nice puddle in my cleavage. I workout just as hard with mascara as the girl beside me with her morning breath :)

I wear mascara to the gym also! but not a full face lol..i would never waste my makeup like that
  • AppleADayAmber
    Options
    Hey, I used to wear a bandana to the gym because I thought it looked cool when I was 17. Then I realized that most of the things I did when I was 17 were stupid and I wasn't a pirate (much to my dismay) and a hat would serve many of the same functions without the *kitten* overtones of the bandana wrapped around my dome. I'm just saying . . .

And you think a hat looks better? Oops.

Hey, I often wear a hat to the gym, but that because I dont feel like doing my hair lol..it sweats out anyways~~