Is a divorced man less attractive?

Replies

• Not at all, unless he has a long history of multiple ex wives.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    When a man gets divorced do other women naturally think there must be something wrong with the man?

No, with the high divorce rate I don't assume this.
  • stritte14
    stritte14 Posts: 52 Member
    I married a divorced man who has two children. I met him when I was 21 & he was 25. There was definetly a lot to reflect on & consider, but like others have said, if there is a reasonable explanation as to what happened, there is nothing to be concerned about. My advice would just be to open & honest about what the situation is, in order to ensure that any future serious relationships meet the needs that your previous one was not able to. I.e. "I need someone who trusts me and is not questioning my every move"
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Absolutely not! Is a divorced woman any less attractive to a man??:noway:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Unless he's a repeat offender, I'd say no. Someone who's been divorced three times...now, I'd have to ask if he has commitment issues.

.....or poor judgment. I have a sister in law, a great person, but her choices in men leaves a lot to be desired.

Let's be real! If you are dating a man who has been divorced 4 times, are you really going to blame it on his judgment since he is dating you?
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    I wouldn't think he was any less attractive or anything was wrong with him. I would want to know why/how the marriage failed before getting serious, though.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    No, not at all. like somebody else said, i'd think there was a problem if a guy my age had never had a serious long relationship of some sort..
    I will say I'd be a bit weary if he cheated on his ex and that's why they're divorced.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Not at all. I'd rather date a divorced man than one that has never been married, but that's just me. Also, depends on the circumstances, etc...if he has a DV conviction, then forget that...or anything along that lines.
    But a divorce based on incompatibility, then that's fine.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Unless he's a repeat offender, I'd say no. Someone who's been divorced three times...now, I'd have to ask if he has commitment issues.

.....or poor judgment. I have a sister in law, a great person, but her choices in men leaves a lot to be desired.

Let's be real! If you are dating a man who has been divorced 4 times, are you really going to blame it on his judgment since he is dating you?

:laugh: Point well taken. If I am dating a man that has been divorced 4 x, I would be wise to find out why he chose to date me! Previous bad choices doesn't mean that a future choice will be a bad one. Took my FIL 3 tries to get it right, but he's been married 30 yrs now.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    "Is a divorced man less attractive?"

Let's talk about the GUY, is HE attractive???
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    No.
  • not at all! It means that he knows what he is looking for now and if he pops the question again its because he has found it.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    I've been married twice. Does that make me less attractive? It's about the person and the connection, not the history.
  • flasportsfan
    flasportsfan Posts: 126 Member
    nope..

One womans disaster could be another mans dream. Who am I to judge. It takes two to make a marriage work.

Right on!!!! Totally agree with this.
  • Gio2369
    Gio2369 Posts: 82
    Interesting lol
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    From what i have seen, a divorced man can be more attractive because they have learned some things while married about contributing in a marriage and how things play out when one or both people in the realtionship are not supportive of each other.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Is a divorced man less attractive...than what exactly? A single man, a kick boxing nun, a hump backed whale, what?

I know this (no really, I actually do know something.)

A divorced man is less attractive than a married one to women.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    No. Totally agree with the disaster statement above.

By the time I got married (at 37), people thought there was something wrong with me BECAUSE I hadn't been married! (Really? So... someone who is divorced is normal; but I chose not to settle so there's something wrong with me?!?) Nowadays, people expect someone to be divorced (especially if they are over 30). Kind of a sad statement on society really, but I digress.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    nope, not at all. Things happen. Sometimes people fall in love or lust or situations and then they grow apart. That's not a fault, just a character-building fact.

Think of it this way.... is a divorced woman any less attractive?
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    I've been married twice. Does that make me less attractive? It's about the person and the connection, not the history.

on my 3rd. I'm a brat, so what do I know? If I'm not happy, I'll walk and I have... oops. I heard third times a charm, though, so I think we're good. :bigsmile: