Is a divorced man less attractive?

Replies

• mexy04
    mexy04 Posts: 96
    When a man gets divorced do other women naturally think there must be something wrong with the man?

No...a divorced man with kids that is a bum is unattractive
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    When a man gets divorced do other women naturally think there must be something wrong with the man?

No...a divorced man with kids that is a bum is unattractive

Agreed here, but not because he is divorced. Because he doesn't take care of his kids.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    I don't think most women look at a divorced man as damaged goods.

However, having a ring on my finger seems to be an attraction to some women. :laugh: I get way more female attention since I got married.
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    However, having a ring on my finger seems to be an attraction to some women. :laugh: I get way more female attention since I got married.

I need to get me a ring.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    No. Totally agree with the disaster statement above.

By the time I got married (at 37), people thought there was something wrong with me BECAUSE I hadn't been married! (Really? So... someone who is divorced is normal; but I chose not to settle so there's something wrong with me?!?) Nowadays, people expect someone to be divorced (especially if they are over 30). Kind of a sad statement on society really, but I digress.

I agree with this, and while I haven't come across this attitude frequently in my personal life (other than from my grandmother, who introduces me to people as her only granddaughter who isn't married ... subtle as a chainsaw, my grandmother), I get it a lot in my professional life. As an executive at a relatively young age, I am at board meetings and luncheons a lot with people who are middle-aged and don't understand why I'm nearly 30 and not married. I have to go on work trips sometimes where I'm the only person not bringing a spouse along, and, invariably, someone will be rude enough to point it out.

Seeing the comment a couple of times on this thread that someone would be more concerned about a man who has never been married than they would about a man who is divorced sort of reinforces the fact that we're all going to be judged for something.
  • ItsCasey

I need to get me a ring.

Wedding bands, dogs, and babies ... chick magnets.
  • "Is a divorced man less attractive?"

well, more attractive to me than a currently married one! ;)
  • King_Bee

I need to get me a ring.

I have a Belgian Malinois...looks like I'm taking my nephew shopping at the pawn shops this weekend. lol
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Everyone has a past...so I don't think it makes a person less attractive, but for me it depends on how much baggage he has and what kind of drama that might cause. I married a guy an ex-fiance (but was never married and has no kids), and consider myself lucky there. I have friends who have had some bad experiences where there was a trouble-making ex-wife who he had to deal with because there were kids involved, but never dealt with that myself.
  • King_Bee

I need to get me a ring.

What is it about the wedding band that is appealing? Are they seen as more responsible and willing to commit?
  • You can't judge people if you don't know their situation. My brother for instance, is divorced as he and his wife were really good friends, dated, got married in a rush and realized they were better off friends. No nastiness, no hateful behavior so that is understandable. Some people aren't meant to work out and you shouldn't be punished for that.

However, if you're like MY ex who was married twice and was divorced because he was soliciting sex on Craigslist....now THAT is a different story.
  • Being2befit
    Being2befit Posts: 127 Member
    No.....
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    what the hell does this have to do with fitness...why dont you take this crap to facebook, twitter or my space....

CMOM MAN!

give everybody a break

signed
    Trying to get fit
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    A divorced man is far more attractive than a married one to me.

A divorced man who has not worked thorough his post-marriage issues and spent significant time getting back into himself as an individual is a HUGE problem to me.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    what the hell does this have to do with fitness...why dont you take this crap to facebook, twitter or my space....

CMOM MAN!

give everybody a break

signed
    Trying to get fit

This IS "chit chat fun and games"

You should also be
    "trying to use reading comprehension skills"
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member

I need to get me a ring.

What is it about the wedding band that is appealing? Are they seen as more responsible and willing to commit?

Same reason my parents tried to give puppies away and nobody wanted them. They put a price of $150 on them and they all sold. It's our nature to think, "Oh, someone else thinks this is valuable? Maybe it is!"
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567

CMOM MAN!

give everybody a break

signed
    Trying to get fit

lol Hit a nerve, eh?

This is Chit-chat, fun, games, etc.

And maybe the poster is having some issues with a possible divorce that is slowing up his 'get fit' attitude. It all matters, the physical and mental health go hand in hand.

How 'bout you give everyone a break, relax and enjoy your Friday!
  • King_Bee

CMOM MAN!

give everybody a break

signed
    Trying to get fit

It's in the Chit-chat section...stay out of it if you don't want to read this kind of stuff.
  • ItsCasey

I need to get me a ring.

I think it's just knowing that another woman thought he was marriage-worthy, so the immediate assumption is that he must be a halfway decent guy. Of course, I've been hit on by men wearing wedding bands so many times that I almost think the opposite now.

But let's be clear ... any woman who actually makes a move on a guy wearing a ring cannot be trusted, so I would take the dog and the kid to the park instead of the pawn shop.
  • King_Bee

I need to get me a ring.

I think it's just knowing that another woman thought he was marriage-worthy, so the immediate assumption is that he must be a halfway decent guy. Of course, I've been hit on by men wearing wedding bands so many times that I almost think the opposite now.

But let's be clear ... any woman who actually makes a move on a guy wearing a ring cannot be trusted, so I would take the dog and the kid to the park instead of the pawn shop.

I know that..I was kidding. I'd rather spend the money on my nephew. :)