Anybody doing the HCG diet please add me

Options

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how much these pregnant women are getting for donating their pee? I have a pregnant friend and we were just wondering...

I think most HCG products use synthetic hormone, but I think some still harvest from pee. That's a good question!
  • ChantalAguiar
    ChantalAguiar Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've had a few friends on it too and it's scary!

Good for you for losing the weight the right way and training your body to make better choices
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    All I was asking was why all of you against it (as ~I~ am too) couldn't provide an explaination as to why you were unsupportive.

Thanks for attacking me too. Some days there's just not enough love. :flowerforyou:

Awww....what thread were you attacked in?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    All I know about the HCG plan is what I read here. From what I read, it seems like it could be unhealthy (very very low calorie intake - wondering if it's possible to get in all the necessary nutritional values each day) and possibly very difficult when it's time for you to 'come off' of the plan. I find it interesting that people on it go through these phases where they lose for awhile while taking the injections but then are supposed to maintain in between those periods of loss - It seems like you could just do the old 'diet and exercise' routine that most MFP-ers do and lose more consistently over time, all the while exercising and getting your body into better shape while losing the weight. For me personally, doing the traditional 'eat less, work more' method has been working pretty well and I've learned to eat a better variety of foods to get in better nutrition each day. I think it would be very difficult for me to get in enough protein, calcium, fiber, etc, on a 500 calorie diet, just based on my experiences trying to make better choices in the 1200-1600 calorie range. I'd have a really hard time getting in those nutrients if I had to eat less than half of my already reduced calorie intake. I personally really like the MFP plan (calories in - calories out) b/c it's not a 'diet', it's me learning to make better choices and learning how the food that I take in relates to the calories I burn through exercise. It's something I can continue in order to maintain my weight once I reach my ultimate goal, rather than having to learn something new all over again when coming off of a 'diet'.

OP I wish you good luck on your journey and hope that you have a happy outcome at the end of it. Please take care of yourself.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am not in favour of HCG. I think it is a bad idea (super low cal diet) that was mated with another bad idea ( pregnant women's urine) and then a 3rd bad idea (charging a **** ton of money for it) showed up to make it an unholy threesome of bad ideas.

Having said that, when new people post about trying it, we could, if we wanted to, remember that they haven't seen 50 000 threads about this topic in the past 2 months and probably haven't had access to the numerous links we have all seen/read/ignored in those 50 000 threads. Rather than immediately jumping in with confusing and sarcastic remarks about how far south the thread is about to go, we could take a moment to explain why people react badly to this method.

Take 2 minutes to educate people about why we don't support the idea. This way, you are supporting the person without supporting the technique. If you make people immediately defensive, they will defend, even if they don't completely believe in what they are defending.

If, once they have the information, they continue to want to try this method, who cares? It doesn't hurt you and you have done all you could to dissuade them, so can get a good night's sleep, cradled in that comfy knowledge.

Now, if someone would be so kind as to pass me some popcorn, I would really appreciate it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Sorry dear, the HCG diet is not too well liked around here because it's based on expensive bottles of pee and starving yourself. We have all gained success by eating enough and exercising more, it's the best way, promise. It's cheaper too.

This^^^^ Please consider trying eating well and exercising more. Life is hard, it's hard to fit in everything we need to do in a day, BUT once you master that you can do it for the rest of your life. You can't do HCG for the rest of your life. Choose health, not a quick fix :)
  • andrearuizbarajas
    Options
    Ok don't attack me do so if you want lol I went to my Dr. And I have never done pills I'm a runner and go to the gym on the regular basics. At least I'm honest hahahahahahahah. Thanks to the nice people out there I REGAIN MY WILL POWER YAYy
    And I don't visit this forum at all so don't post anything else I'm not going to read it lol lol lol. NICE PEOPLE ADD me if you want you are welcome. Thank god I can't look in to the forum on my phone YES. bla bla bla bla. By the way isNOT of an easy diet it takes willpower. Remember Atkins in the beginning and now even Doctors recommended. Kisses to every one
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Some days there's just not enough love. :flowerforyou:
    And some days there's just too much. I've had people get their love all over me before.

And don't forget beauty. Sometimes, there is so much beauty in the world, you sit around watching trash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGWU4QhJ4L8
  • andrearuizbarajas
    Options
    No thanks and of course IS NOT A quick fixxxxxxxx
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I am not in favour of HCG. I think it is a bad idea (super low cal diet) that was mated with another bad idea ( pregnant women's urine) and then a 3rd bad idea (charging a **** ton of money for it) showed up to make it an unholy threesome of bad ideas.

Having said that, when new people post about trying it, we could, if we wanted to, remember that they haven't seen 50 000 threads about this topic in the past 2 months and probably haven't had access to the numerous links we have all seen/read/ignored in those 50 000 threads. Rather than immediately jumping in with confusing and sarcastic remarks about how far south the thread is about to go, we could take a moment to explain why people react badly to this method.

Take 2 minutes to educate people about why we don't support the idea. This way, you are supporting the person without supporting the technique. If you make people immediately defensive, they will defend, even if they don't completely believe in what they are defending.

If, once they have the information, they continue to want to try this method, who cares? It doesn't hurt you and you have done all you could to dissuade them, so can get a good night's sleep, cradled in that comfy knowledge.

Now, if someone would be so kind as to pass me some popcorn, I would really appreciate it.

I agree with this
  • andrearuizbarajas
    Options
    LOL.
  • andrearuizbarajas
    Options
    I lOVE HCG yayyyyyy
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how much these pregnant women are getting for donating their pee? I have a pregnant friend and we were just wondering...

I think most HCG products use synthetic hormone, but I think some still harvest from pee. That's a good question!

According to the FDA, the synthetic HCG is illegal. And this is what they had to say about the pure HCG: "HCG HAS NOT BEEN DEMONSTRATED TO BE EFFECTIVE ADJUNCTIVE THERAPY IN THE TREATMENT OF OBESITY. THERE IS NO SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE THAT IT INCREASES WEIGHT LOSS BEYOND THAT RESULTING FROM CALORIC RESTRICTION, THAT IT CAUSES A MORE ATTRACTIVE OR “NORMAL” DISTRIBUTION OF FAT, OR THAT IT DECREASES THE HUNGER AND DISCOMFORT ASSOCIATED WITH CALORIERESTRICTED
    DIETS."
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

You're so smart!
  • andrearuizbarajas
    Options
    I wonder why my Dr from Stanford hospital prescribe to me ????????
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    What are you all drinking?

pee, duh! Where've YOU been....
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

$$$$$
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    More money you spend, duh.
  • andrearuizbarajas
    Options
    I'm very happy that you people are perfect and can follow a healthy diet. Good for you!!!! No YO YO dieters here yay is a perfect world lol
This discussion has been closed.