Anybody doing the HCG diet please add me

Options

Replies

• clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I wonder why my Dr from Stanford hospital prescribe to me ????????

$$$$$
    ^^^this
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I am not in favour of HCG. I think it is a bad idea (super low cal diet) that was mated with another bad idea ( pregnant women's urine) and then a 3rd bad idea (charging a **** ton of money for it) showed up to make it an unholy threesome of bad ideas.

Having said that, when new people post about trying it, we could, if we wanted to, remember that they haven't seen 50 000 threads about this topic in the past 2 months and probably haven't had access to the numerous links we have all seen/read/ignored in those 50 000 threads. Rather than immediately jumping in with confusing and sarcastic remarks about how far south the thread is about to go, we could take a moment to explain why people react badly to this method.

Take 2 minutes to educate people about why we don't support the idea. This way, you are supporting the person without supporting the technique. If you make people immediately defensive, they will defend, even if they don't completely believe in what they are defending.

If, once they have the information, they continue to want to try this method, who cares? It doesn't hurt you and you have done all you could to dissuade them, so can get a good night's sleep, cradled in that comfy knowledge.

Now, if someone would be so kind as to pass me some popcorn, I would really appreciate it.

:heart: You are awesome.
  • andrearuizbarajas
    Options
    Yes yes more money hahahahaha
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

Not to be too cynical here, but surely they know it's going to 'work' since you'll be eating so little, plus there's a lot of $$$ in medical weight loss. Like I said before, I only know what I read here on the forums, so don't take that as an attack but rather as a hypothetical possible answer.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    What are you all drinking?

Pregnant Lady Pee, DUH!!!

doh! This is why I should read the other comments before I make mine.... lol. Great minds!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

10966407168GX9q2.jpg
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I wonder too. You mentioned you're a runner. I don't understand how a doctor would prescribe a diet that says you shouldn't exercise and starve yourself. I also see you only have ten pounds to lose. HCG is usually prescribed in more extreme cases of obesity.

Personally, I would get a new doctor.
  • andrearuizbarajas
    Options
    Yes peee yammi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ignorant people read little please. Bye
    Not erasing this post yay
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    ...and here I was thinking I was going to stop looking at forum posts. This is great. LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!!

LOL, I know!
  • bry_all01
    Options

$$$$$

yep, on the way in to get injected with it and then AGAIN when you collapse and slip into a coma......
  • bry_all01
    Options

Wait.... whose ignorant here? I'm confused.....
  • Clever_Girl
    Options
    I am not in favour of HCG. I think it is a bad idea (super low cal diet) that was mated with another bad idea ( pregnant women's urine) and then a 3rd bad idea (charging a **** ton of money for it) showed up to make it an unholy threesome of bad ideas.

Having said that, when new people post about trying it, we could, if we wanted to, remember that they haven't seen 50 000 threads about this topic in the past 2 months and probably haven't had access to the numerous links we have all seen/read/ignored in those 50 000 threads. Rather than immediately jumping in with confusing and sarcastic remarks about how far south the thread is about to go, we could take a moment to explain why people react badly to this method.

Take 2 minutes to educate people about why we don't support the idea. This way, you are supporting the person without supporting the technique. If you make people immediately defensive, they will defend, even if they don't completely believe in what they are defending.

If, once they have the information, they continue to want to try this method, who cares? It doesn't hurt you and you have done all you could to dissuade them, so can get a good night's sleep, cradled in that comfy knowledge.

Now, if someone would be so kind as to pass me some popcorn, I would really appreciate it.

*passes Contrarian the popcorn and some peanut butter M&M's* You've earned these, buddy. Well said, I hope it's contagious.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Yea...that did not resemble a complete coherent thought. I'm really confused, but I have a feeling we're not going to change her mind. I feel sorry for people who have money-grubbing doctors who don't care about the actual health of their patients.
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Contrarian is right of course. lol

I'm sure OP was shocked by the odd comments.

Truthfully I didn't see anyone being actually attacked until someone complained of being attacked.

Lots of funny stuff people do and lots of unnecessary spaces I make.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    You do not get fat overnight, and there's no "easy" fix, only simple ones.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Have you already started the 500 calories a day? These are the ramblings of a starving person.
  • bry_all01
    Options

Yea...that did not resemble a complete coherent thought. I'm really confused, but I have a feeling we're not going to change her mind. I feel sorry for people who have money-grubbing doctors who don't care about the actual health of their patients.

I think I love you. I also think I will never be the hungry crazy girl.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I got to pee from all this pee talk but there is now way in hell I'm leaving this post till it's locked!
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Have you already started the 500 calories a day? These are the ramblings of a starving person.
    I was thinking the same thing lol
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yammiiiii?
    Am I out of the loop?
    Is it yogurt?
    Did you mean yummy?
    :huh:
This discussion has been closed.