How often do you weigh?

Options
13»

Replies

• wannababyH
    Options
    Once a week.

Weighing daily isn't good for you, mentally. Many become obsessed with weighing daily, and you're not going to see actual results that quickly. Weight varies with what you've recently eaten, if you've gone to the bathroom, or are retaining water.

Make sure to weigh wearing as little as possible. I recently found out my work out clothes weigh 2lbs on their own!
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Most people seem to recommend weighing about once a week. Personally, I'm a little obsessive and like to do it every day. The thing is, when you do it every day you will either see very very small drops or you may even see it go up for several days before coming back down. It can drive you nuts if you're not prepared for it. Over the first couple of months my number consistenly went down about 0.2-0.4 lbs each day. Then I started really working out more and now it jumps around a bit, even though I know I'm staying very close to my calorie goal. I've seen more informed people talk about water retention and glycogen and other things I'm not educated in LOL so I assume that's what's going on when my number is up for a few days and then suddenly drops back down to lower than it was before. I know I'm still making progress, but my scale does a little roller coaster ride before the number drops back down low again. Anyway, I weigh just about every day (wearing only my undergarments, after using the bathroom but before eating - logic being that I want to see what *I* weigh, not what *I plus some other stuff that is about to get out or that I just put in* weighs LOL), but I only log in the numbers that I know 'make sense' i.e. the ones that are lower than the last number I logged. B/c I know I'm following the plan correctly, I don't let the 'weird' numbers phase me.
    I do the exact same, I even try to guess the number lol
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Options
    I weight myself every morning but only record every friday morning at the same time in the same conditions.
  • CharlieOverby
    CharlieOverby Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Every time I walk by the scale. :laugh: