Let's go sugar-free!

Options

Replies

• KianaKoala
    Options
    This is going to be the hardest thing for me to do, but I guess that is why it can be considered a challenge =) I am definitely in on this one. I have a true problem with my sugar intake and I believe that is a big factor that has kept me from losing all the weight I know I could have possibly lost. So, starting tomorrow, my "Let's go sugar-free!" goal will be to limit my sugar intake to 20 grams a day. That is my week 1 goal at least. Hopefully I will get so good that eventually I can go without, or I can just have one day of sugar!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    So one night under our belts. How did we do?

ME - 1*
    SUGAR - 0
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 1* ~ Sweets: 0

My Goal for this Challenge: 20 days of NO SWEETS (candy, cake, cookies, etc.)
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm a little embarrassed that I couldn't even get thru the first night of the challenge. :blushing: My "reward" for food shopping was to buy a toblerone bar. I think I ate half of it last night.:sad:
    So,
    Me: 0
    Sweets: 1 :mad:

Thankfully, today is a new day and I am motivated to do better since the scale moved down today!! Must be the zumba classes. I am making it a priority to go to Zumba toning today!
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Good bye diet coke...hello water!:drinker:

Excellent!
    This is going to be the hardest thing for me to do, but I guess that is why it can be considered a challenge =)

You are right - this will be hard for all of us. If we were sugar-free by now, we wouldn't be here :tongue:.

Lorna, loveme, well done, ladies!
    Zaza, see my response above to Kiana's remark :wink:. But I know you CAN do it! Go, Zumba! (will have to try this myself someday).

I am happy to report that I only had 60 cals of my allowed 200 yesterday :wink:. So it's:

Me: 1 - Sweets: zer0
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 2* ~ Sweets: 0

~~~My Goal: 20 days of NO SWEETS (candy, cake, cookies, etc.) in the month of November {does not have to be consecutive days}~~~
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options

~~~My Goal: 20 days of NO SWEETS (candy, cake, cookies, etc.) in the month of November {does not have to be consecutive days}~~~
    DITTO
  • zaza54
    Options
    I am the poster child for utter failure.
    Sweets: 2
    I already know today will be another "sweets" day because I am going to a brunch. (At least I'm walking the quarter-mile to the woman's house.:laugh: )
    I'll just have to ease into this challenge I guess.
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Yesterday I only had dark chocolate, worth about 130 calories, so:
    Me: 2 - Sweets: zer0
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 3* ~ Sweets: 0

• lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 3*
    SWEETS - 0
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I had a piece of cake early in the morning, so I guess that puts over my 200cal daily allowance (although I have some provision of calories from the first two days :wink:). To be fair to the others (who are doing so well!!), I'd say it's:
    Me: 2 - LNS: 1
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 3
    SWEETS - 1* (darn cookies)
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 3 ~ Sweets: 1*

My planned "cheat day"
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 3* - LNS: 1

Homemade jam doesn't count :)
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Homemade jam doesn't count :)

Evenmore when it's the only sweetner to homemade desert :wink:. In case someone gets confused: my mum's jams have considerable less sugar (and she used raw sugar this time) than the commercial jams.

This being said:
    Me: 4* - LNS: 1
  • leigh33ca
    leigh33ca Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started the week pretty good but by Wednesday it went down hill!:sad: :frown: :grumble: New week and beginning again!

DITTO
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 4 ~ LNS: 2*
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 4
    SWEETS - 2*

Gonna start this week off with a plus!
  • zaza54
    Options
    I need to turn this around desperately!! Am failing miserably.:sad:
    Sweets: 6
    Pathetic.
    Today is a new day, new week, new resolve, I hope!
    Zaza