How to make a tuna sandwich taste good without mayo?

Options

Replies

• skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt.
    Yes, I've tried it... and it's delish!

Agreed! I eat it almost every day!
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When I make tuna salad, I add half a tbsp. whipped salad dressing, finely sliced lettuce, an egg, and a tsp. of sweet relish. I eat it on toast or on a bagel thin. Delish :-)
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Sounds like it's the bread - those are a lot higher in cals than the mayo.
    Eat the tuna w/ small portion of mayo - and only eat 1/2 the bread.
    that'll give you a full-feeling from eating, and cut the break cals in 1/2.

When I eat tuna - I use lemon-pepper, and about 2 Tbslp of lite mayo,
    add some celery and red onion. yum.
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I put my tuna on a multigrain wrap loaded with veggies then I just add a little olive oil and lots of lemon and parsley...yum!!!!!!!!!!
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Just get a nice tuna steak, sear both sides, drizzle with a little soy sauce and wasabi aioli. Done.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Even though this post is a month and a half old...I'll say...tzatziki sauce. It's amazing in tuna or salmon salad.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Lite Miracle Whip or Lite Ranch works good. Also, I know someone who squeezes fresh lemon juice on her tuna with some pepper.
    fat free or ;ow fat ranch! (watch portions) lemon mustard if you dig mustard
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    Mix your tuna with balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, cracked black pepper, dill rosemary, and a little sage. Add sliced green onions, torn fresh basil. Place in a whole wheat pita with fresh spinach and roma tomato slices.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Here in Toronto, we have Kozlik's Mustards. I use their dill mustard and light miracle whip, split about 50/50. Adds a nice little bite to the sandwich.
  • j6rr3ll
    Options
    Olive oil and Lemon juice sooooo goooddd!
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tuna with lemon juice or lemon pepper. Yummmyyy! :D
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow light swiss cheese with spicy brown mustard and a little lemon juice... yum!
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if it's been mentioned as an option - but what about using tuna in a mediterranean style wrap? Tuna, mixed with some olive oil, hummus, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, in a low carb or multigrain wrap? I do this with chicken all the time, but suppose it could work with tuna...
  • Elarissa
    Elarissa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I mix it with salsa.. delicious.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat at all, so I haven't tried this, but I've heard swapping the mayo for avocado is awesome. Avocado still has a lot of fat and calories, but it's not as bad as mayo, and at least they're healthy fats.
  • VidaSana
    VidaSana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Tszatiki!
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Avocado + minced garlic + a little sea salt.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with a little mayo? It tastes the best and goes a long way. Why suffer! Just sayin' :smile:
  • mzkynd
    mzkynd Posts: 63
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt.
    Yes, I've tried it... and it's delish!

this!!
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I use the Kraft Mayo made with Olive Oil...only 45 cal per tablespoon instead of 100 for regular.