Any women 5'9"? Ideal weight?

Options
Hi everyone! So I'm quite tall, and not sure what I should weigh. I've always been slim, but lately I've gotten a little too slim...
I am working on bulking and building muscle, but I'm wondering what I should weigh. I know everyone is different, but I'd like to know from your experience.
If anyone has pictures of themselves at different weights, I would love to see so I can figure out (roughly) what my body would look like. Thanks for any help and advice! :D

Replies

• Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I am. I think somewhere between 140-145 for me. I like muscles and butt, though.

Edit: You can see my pics on my profile, and you know how much I have to lose to get there.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    How much do you weigh now?
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    somebody posted a site about people at different body fat %s...
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    ctgreen, you look gorgeous at your current weight!

Right now I weigh about 108.
  • Jewelmidd
    Options
    I am around 5 feet 8 inches and my comfortable wieght has been 150. I would not mind getting a little under that but this seems to be what my body settles at. I suppose I have a medium frame. Hope this helps.
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    Check out mybodygallery.com excellent website for seeing women of different heights, weights, and shapes. From skeletal to large! Based on your profile pic I'd say you're looking pretty good, though I would agree you might be a little on the thin side. However, if you are planning to add some muscle weight to what you have now, you will be awesome - darn near perfect! :-)
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    Ideal weight for a that is 5'9" is 125-169. It all depends on what you feel comfortable with.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Check out mybodygallery.com excellent website for seeing women of different heights, weights, and shapes. From skeletal to large! Based on your profile pic I'd say you're looking pretty good, though I would agree you might be a little on the thin side. However, if you are planning to add some muscle weight to what you have now, you will be awesome - darn near perfect! :-)

I will check it out- thank you!
    And yeah, I feel like I look like I weigh more than I do, which is good. And I am pretty muscular right now, but I would like to be more so... more defined. I'm working hard, so I'm hoping for the best!
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    I'm 5'9" I've never been slim, but I'm aiming for somewhere in the area of 150 lbs.

*smiles*

Jean
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I weigh 158 right now. My goal is 145-150 in maintenance. But, I am large boned. I've never been super skinny. At my smallest in middle school (I was a late bloomer), I was a size 6. Now, I'd be happy with a size 8.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weigh around 115. Weighed in this morning at 111.6, so it fluctuates. I'm vegetarian. :) From your pics you look fine to me, but I like thin. As long as you feel good, have energy and stamina and are eating healthy, aren't sick or tired or any of that, I'd say you're doing great. :)
  • CindiBryce
    Options

That puts you at a BMI of 15.9, but you look healthy and slim in your pic. BMI isn't the most accurate indicator of health. I advise you to add some muscle weight.
  • Beastette
    Options

Thanks! :blushing:

Weight is secondary to body composition for me at this point. The goal weight is my guess of how much fat I need to lose.

At your age, I weighed about 125 and was a size 4. I felt weak and hungry a lot. I like being stronger and faster now. I like that people at my gym stop and ask me for information. I like that I've run a marathon.

Forget what other people say...how do you feel?
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and at my lowest weight (19yrs old) I was 58 kilos (128 lbs). I was way too small.. all skin and bones, I look at old pictures and all I can see is a skeleton. I also have a pear shape (small up top, curvy down the bottom) so having my hip bones jut out more than my breasts was just really gross.

At the moment I am working to get down to around 65 kilos (143lbs), At that weight I look healthy while still being slim. I may end up being slightly heavier than that because I am working on my muscles and fitness more so than weight loss atm. If I end up with more muscle definition I'll naturally weigh slightly higher than I would without any.

Even at the same height though we all have different body types, so one weight on one might not look the same as another.
  • wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 178 lbs right now. I have a lot of lean muscle mass (130 lbs), so if I cut to 16% body fat, my goal weight would be 155 lbs or so. It really depends on how much muscle you have/want to work for. If I wanted to get down to 130 lbs I would have to give up quite a bit of muscle to do that. Not my thing.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have a large-ish frame. I am currently 150, goal of 140ish with 18-20% body fat.
  • RockHardAngel_777
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my ideal weight is no lower then 130, I am happy with where I am right now though, which is 135. I lift heavy weights so I'm not sure that I will go all the way down to 130 and I am totally ok with that, but I want to get my Body Fat % to 17, I'm at 19.1 right now. I believe Strong is the new Sexy, BUT i also believe everyone has there own feel of "sexy" so do what feels right to you! I don't know how to post pictures on the message boards, but you can click on my profile to see what this 5'9" Momma of a 2 year old ;d looks like
  • Beastette
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my ideal weight is no lower then 130, I am happy with where I am right now though, which is 135. I lift heavy weights so I'm not sure that I will go all the way down to 130 and I am totally ok with that, but I want to get my Body Fat % to 17, I'm at 19.1 right now. I believe Strong is the new Sexy, BUT i also believe everyone has there own feel of "sexy" so do what feels right to you! I don't know how to post pictures on the message boards, but you can click on my profile to see what this 5'9" Momma of a 2 year old ;d looks like

Thank you for posting! You look awesome, and very close to where I'd like to end. I think my goal is pretty on target now.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 138-139. I want to get down to 130. I think you should meet me there! :)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    ps if you look at my pics, in all of them (except in the orange dress and on the beach - where I was 155ish), I am 140 +/- 1 or 2 lbs.