Delicious low cal high protein soup!

Options

Replies

• k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

Well if you don't like the idea of Bat Soup, how about some nice Scorpion Soup instead.
    coking_insects_scorpionsoup.jpg

I don't really like creamy broths...do you have suggestions for anything a little more clear?

Well how about some Co*kroach Noodle Soup in that case? :tongue:
    10.jpg

That actually looks yummy...nice presentation too!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Do I HAVE to use Ginger? :sick:
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    I am very rapidly losing faith in this site. Posts like this make me questions its credibility.

I think I'm with you on that point. I think this one is probably scraping on the bottom of the barrel. There are just somethings that you can't UNsee. I really thought this forum had potential, but THIS thread has blown my theory all to hell!

Considering other threads that offer positve reinforcement have been locked or removed because they offer prayers and spiritual condolences .. when THIS thread is allowed to stay, just makes me cringe in wonderment.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I would like the rattlesnake chili recipe if you don't mind. We have some very large rattlesnakes here in South Texas, and I think I can make several meals out of them.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I am very rapidly losing faith in this site. Posts like this make me questions its credibility.

I think I'm with you on that point. I think this one is probably scraping on the bottom of the barrel. There are just somethings that you can't UNsee. I really thought this forum had potential, but THIS thread has blown my theory all to hell!

Considering other threads that offer positve reinforcement have been locked or removed because they offer prayers and spiritual condolences .. when THIS thread is allowed to stay, just makes me cringe in wonderment.

Smiley_Face_Pointing.jpg "Chit-Chat, fun, and games"?
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I hit a squirrel on the way home... anyone got any ideas?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    OMG! It's gluten free! I have to try this, I bet this would even be good for crockpotting!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I hit a squirrel on the way home... anyone got any ideas?

Was it a fox squirrel? Those are really tough and gamey, and should definitely be boiled until tender before frying or baking.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    OMG! It's gluten free! I have to try this, I bet this would even be good for crockpotting!

Yes! It is ideal for crockpottery.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I would like the rattlesnake chili recipe if you don't mind. We have some very large rattlesnakes here in South Texas, and I think I can make several meals out of them.

just eat it Bear Grylls style
    bear_grylls_eating_snake-14142.jpg
  • Contrarian
    Options

This thread adheres to the terms and conditions of the site. Religious posts do not. You may see Christian prayer as positive but not everyone does, and people tend to get quite passionate where religion is involved. Those threads always end up with someone getting their feelings hurt. This is just wholesome good fun and recipe sharing.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    That looks wonderful! Do you know the calorie count?

Roughly 280 calories/serving.

Is that with the bones? I know in some places they eat the bones and everything. I want to make sure I eat everything I'm counting.
  • livnlite
    Options

Considering other threads that offer positive reinforcement have been locked or removed because they offer prayers and spiritual condolences .. when THIS thread is allowed to stay, just makes me cringe in wonderment.

This thread adheres to the terms and conditions of the site. Religious posts do not. You may see Christian prayer as positive but not everyone does, and people tend to get quite passionate where religion is involved. Those threads always end up with someone getting their feelings hurt. This is just wholesome good fun and recipe sharing.

Christian prayers ARE positive reinforcement between Christians. If someone who is offended by just the mention of faith or comments related to faith or religion, and becomes argumentative .. then, yes, there is a potential problem, and I can easily understand why our administrator has created a catchall type of rule to prevent troublesome threads.

By the same standards then .. If simply looking at a conversation between two people that just mentions something pertaining to religion is offensive, then looking at soup made from dogs is equitably offensive to those who are animal lovers. I think we are all well aware how domestic animals are treated here and abroad. Knowing the unspeakable cruelty involved, I personally find some of these posts extremely offensive.

I just find it increasingly disturbing that people find this funny. Perhaps, I may be a minority in thinking that cruelty to domestic animals is not a laughing matter...in this country AND around the world. But that 's just me. Now that I have seen what THIS thread has to offer, I will entertain myself elsewhere.
  • Freax
    Freax Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I can't tell if this is a joke...
    I was thinking the same thing, but there is a picture of it. I didn't even know people eat bats!!! :O
  • Contrarian
    Options

Considering other threads that offer positive reinforcement have been locked or removed because they offer prayers and spiritual condolences .. when THIS thread is allowed to stay, just makes me cringe in wonderment.

Christian prayers ARE positive reinforcement between Christians. If someone who is offended by just the mention of faith or comments related to faith or religion, and becomes argumentative .. then, yes, there is a potential problem, and I can easily understand why our administrator has created a catchall type of rule to prevent troublesome threads.

By the same standards then .. If simply looking at a conversation between two people that just mentions something pertaining to religion is offensive, then looking at soup made from dogs is equitably offensive to those who are animal lovers. I think we are all well aware how domestic animals are treated here and abroad. Knowing the unspeakable cruelty involved, I personally find some of these posts extremely offensive.

I just find it increasingly disturbing that people find this funny. Perhaps, I may be a minority in thinking that cruelty to domestic animals is not a laughing matter...in this country AND around the world. But that 's just me. Now that I have seen what THIS thread has to offer, I will entertain myself elsewhere.

Do you eat meat? How do we decide which animals are edible and which ones are not?
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Who are you to judge what other people eat? Why don't you put yourself in their shoes and tell me that you won't eat dog, or horse or cat. People all over the world eat what's available to them to survive.

Although I cannot say that I am not at all surprised by your judgemental response.
  • livnlite
    Options

Who are you to judge what other people eat? Why don't you put yourself in their shoes and tell me that you won't eat dog, or horse or cat. People all over the world eat what's available to them to survive.

Although I cannot say that I am not at all surprised by your judgemental response.

I am not judging what people eat out of necessity .. I am appalled at how this forum openly finds it humorous.
  • livnlite
    Options

Do you eat meat? How do we decide which animals are edible and which ones are not?

Sure, I eat meat .. but I do not find anything humorous about how animals (that are born and raised for food) are treated or slaughtered. By the sounds of it, I'm thinkn I must be the only one here that doesn't find it funny. But, that's just me.
  • JLNeuenfeldt
    Options
    Do I need to test the bats for Rabies prior to putting them in the pot?
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Posters,

Please keep in mind the following forum guidelines:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

11) If you have concerns about another poster or wish to report a rule violation, the ONLY appropriate venue is to use the Report Post feature or to message me. You may NOT air such concerns on the message boards themselves. If you have a general concern that does not involve a specific member, you may post your question in a civil manner in the "Feedback" or "Help" forums.

15) Protesting a moderator or admin action is not allowed on the forums at any time. Anyone that creates or participates in a protest topic, outlines any protest in their profile, posts any negative commentary with regards to moderation or administration, or discusses emails/actions between moderators/admins and themselves in their profiles or in the forums will have their posting privileges suspended or may even be permanently banned from the site. The forums or other public venues are not the appropriate place to lodge a complaint. If you have a question or concern about a moderator or admin action, you should email one of the moderators or an admin with your concern and we will investigate the matter promptly.

See the full guidelines here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

Some folks are enjoying grossing each other out with bat recipes, etc. over this Halloween weekend. Let's avoid the thread turning into arguments.

With Respect,
    _Sally_
    MFP Forum Moderator