Lets explore "bulky" women...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I think one thing to take away is that, while not often publicized, many female celebrities have rigorous training programs to stay fit and attractive. I saw a photo in EW this week of Cameron Diaz flipping a tractor tire around outside. Other actresses like Halle Berry and Jessica Biel also clearly follow strength training.

Often times models may not lift heavy as to not create highly visible muscle mass (image C) but still perform bodyweight resistance training, yoga, and other forms of cardio (typ. boot camp with a trainer) at a high frequency weekly.

So you don't have to be a powerlifter, but the takeaway is that to create results you NEED to challenge yourself.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    This is Stacy, a powerlifter mentioned in a blog linked here on the board. She eats 3000-4000 calories a day and can deadlift over 300lbs:

Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-92311-AM.jpg

i love staci. posting up her story, one more time: http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My current muscle-motivation is Karina Smirnoff on Dancing with the Stars.

Definitely muscular:

jr-martinez-karina-smirnoff-talk-about-last-nights-performances.jpg

Definitely hot:

karina-smirnoff.jpg
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    This thread certainly shows beauty can come in many forms, and many people have different views of that beauty.

A "toned/lean/athletic" body can be incredibley sexy.

But at the same time so can a "soft/curvy" body.

The thing I do agree on most and kind of got lost is that women shouldn't fear lifting weightt and getting bulky. 99% of them aren't going to lose that "soft" look without a very strict regimen and eating.But they will look & feel great. That's just my opinion.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I want Stacey to deadlift me!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Woman C and D are both attractive to me. Being completely honest? ..I would love to look like woman C with more muscular arms and legs if I could. The reality of the situation is that I've lost almost 100 lbs and a person who has lost a lot of weight doesn't acheive a "tight" looking body like that without a certain level of lean muscle building. Body composition takes time and a lot of very focused work to change.

Aside from the "looks" aspect of it all, I've been able to do things I never thought possible with my growing muscle. Who would trade that kind of empowerment?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Wendy, keep lifting. You won't add volume unless you eat above maintenance (which is something I've done for 2 months and gained 2 whole pounds).
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Wendy, if you're not happy with how your back looks, how does it look when you're not flexed? Maybe it's just when you're poppin' the muscles out it's not something that appeals to you.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I would like to look feminine but not "soft". Pretty sure it's possible. And women "shouldn't" be anything. They CAN be whatever they want.

I'm glad you said this. I was getting the impression that you were getting frustrated with women saying they don't think women should be muscular, and then just going the opposite way and saying women shouldn't look like C (or I'm forgetting the letters!). I think there are many many beautiful body types.
  • dropofhope
    Options
    See, I think all of these women are gorgeous ( with the exception of the Roids woman). But I tend to like a more fuller figure. Larger breasts, larger stomach, big thighs, etc. Not so muscular.. what most would call "fat". Sometimes I wish that these women were appreciated a little more. But yes, I think muscles can totally be beautiful!

THIS!!!

This has been on my mind lately. I am obese and have a lot of weight to lose to be healthy, but I never want to be thin. I have hips and *kitten* and boobs and I love it. I feel substantial, strong, womanly and sexy as hell. I know I have a lot of work to be healthy again but I really want to remain voluptous...
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My sister in law competes and looks like B. It takes so much hard work and dedication. Clean eating, no drinking, balancing cardio with weight lifting.

I prefer C (sorry!). I think B is beautiful, but C for me please :)