November 1st: Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred It w/ Weights

Options
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to myfitnesspal and I'm loving the site and its positive environment so far! A little history on me: I'm 30, happily married, great job, but my constant desire to be more fit and healthy is wearing me out and I'm ready to commit to change!

My Challenge: For everyday in the month of November, I'm going to do Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred It w/ Weights dvd and I'd like to invite anyone who's interested to participate in the challenge with me! I've always seen success and enjoyed the journey more when I have a "running mate" - someone to motivate me, support me, and who doesn't love a little friendly competition!?

So if you're interested, reply to this posting. We'll post our weight and measurments (and even a current photo for the all impressive before/after shots!) on TUESDAY NOVEMBER 1st.

micmac327

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I will be starting it over, Nov. 1st sounds great!!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    AHHH!!! :D THIS IS THE PERFECT POST FOR ME!!!!

My November Goals:
    1. 30 Day Shred
    2. 100 Running Miles
    3. cut down on sugars !

I finished 100 miles in October, which was amazing and I didn't think I could do it!! BUT I tried the 30DS in Sept and quit at 12 days.. but I REALLY, REALLY want to keep it up for the entire 30 days!!

I need lots of motivation!! (like, daily!!) I know it's only 20 minutes but still =]

I'm so excited and I'll post my before and after measurements if everyone else does too!!!
  • Moneicalynn
    Moneicalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Im in with you.... I have that DVD & was trying to figure out which dvd I was going to commit to.... since I also need some xtra motivation so im in :)
  • Rozger
    Rozger Posts: 1
    Options
    I too, love this site! I am starting a diet regime of my own! It all about one day at a time right! I post again on Tuesday! Hope to see you there!:happy:
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    I'm down! I need to do this :) I do level 3 but I have been slacking this past week. I'm ready to start with a bang.
  • starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am soo in on this
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I may need to start a day or two late but I'd love to join you all! I've been waiting for someone to start this challenge.
  • FitChic13
    FitChic13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm new here - count me in too. I just did the DVD for the first time yesterday - Level 1!
  • cemummy
    cemummy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    count me in. im starting on the 1st :)
  • ElishaKehoe
    Options
    I am 100% in!!! 30 days in Nov!! looking forward to it!
  • micmac327
    micmac327 Posts: 128
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I'm so excited over the number of enthusiastic people out there who want to do this challenge with me! This is going to be great!!!!! I'm totally pumped now!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am in also, mine will be delivered tomorrow & can't wait! so count me in also.
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'll join in! Is this in the exercise database? Or do you know how many calories are burned doing it?
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited!!! keep me accountable you guys!!

add me if I'm not already your friend on here !
  • bullseyegirlie
    Options
    Im in on this! Just finished level 1 and THEN saw this post, haha! Cant wait to finish ALL 30 days!:smile:
  • charitycarson
    Options
    I was going to start on the 1st as well now i have people to do it with and support im soo happy..We will all do great!!
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I LOVED/hated doing the 30ds. I made it to the very beginning of the 3rd level before going to Jamaica with my love and just never finished. I know it works because I got more endurance and my arms were beginning to show definition. It's been over a month now and it's time to get back in the game! I need to get past 150 once and for all...and quit swinging btwn 153-160. It's getting ridiculous...seriously! I can't wait!! I'm SOOOO excited! ahhh!!!
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I just recently started, but need to do something like this to keep myself motivated. Can someone tell me how to past a picture to the boards? I don't know how. Thanks.
    I'll join in! Is this in the exercise database? Or do you know how many calories are burned doing it?

You can post it under "circuit training, general". I usually enter 20 minutes since I don't count the warm-up.
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I would to join this challenge!! I have never done it the full 30 days.
    Count me in!
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Awesome to find a group of fellow Shredders! I'm planning to start L1 tomorrow 10/31 so I guess I'll have a jump start! Good thinking on measurements and pics - I'll have to do that tomorrow so that I can chart my progress!