November 1st: Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred It w/ Weights

Options

Replies

• lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ I didnt know there was a difference ... Oh well. I have the regular 30DS so thats the one I will be doing.

PS: is the 30DS with weights that much "harder" than the original? Or is it just a different workout?
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ I didnt know there was a difference ... Oh well. I have the regular 30DS so thats the one I will be doing.

PS: is the 30DS with weights that much "harder" than the original? Or is it just a different workout?

I'm gonna say it's quite a bit harder, BUT i have not done it yet. But i have done some kettlebell workouts and 10 minutes of it kicks my butt!!

I do however like that most of the moves are stationary and there is no jumping, you use the motion of your body.
  • Moneicalynn
    Moneicalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Im not sure how different the workouts are.... but on the 30 day shred u can lose up to 20 pounds in 1 month....... & the 30 day shred it with weights you can lose up to 5 pounds per week.... so its about the same weight loss for the both of them :)
    I think it should be fine to join if you have either one.... bc they are both for 30 days.... but i didnt start the challenge :)
    Happy losing to all :)
  • bojkoj19
    bojkoj19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    oooh!! its the 1st now!! :) im gonna do my first workout thismoring and i will post my pics and measurements tonight!!! :) good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    booooo my wal-mart doesn't have this dvd like I thought they did so i'm going to have to order it which means i'll be starting a few days late.
  • megcalvert
    megcalvert Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I am waiting on my DVD to come in the mail so I may be a few days late. Are we posting our measurments and weight weekly or how?
  • loreleijade
    loreleijade Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have the regular 30D Shred so if that's accepted I would love to join the challenge too. I was never able to stay disciplined with exercising so this is the perfect thing for me.
    If the OP would like to keep it strictly 30D Shred with Weights I suggest we start a new challenge for those that want to do the simple version. Would that be ok?
  • Lizmhoughton
    Lizmhoughton Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I'm in. I've had the dvd for probably a year now and it might still be wrapped. It's going to be tough when I go back home for a week, but I'm going to take it with me and give it my best shot. I like the 100 miles in November idea too, so I may try that as well. I'll try to get my pictures and measurements ready for tomorrow!
  • micmac327
    micmac327 Posts: 128
    Options
    ok i'm a little confused.

Because the title of this post is for JM 30 day Shred it with Weights. And well that only has 2 levels.
    I'm assuming she is talking about the dvd where Jillian uses the kettle bells.
    So effectively you'd have 15 days on level 1, and then 15 days on level 2.

Normal shred has 3 levels. so 10 days on each level. It also uses 2 handweights, and not kettle bells.

I'm be in, but I love the program that I have set up for me at the moment. But might consider doing it in the new year.

I was going to ask this, actually. I wasn't sure whether "30 Day Shred It w/Weights" was a different workout or not! I have the regular 30 Day Shred DVD, and I have never managed to make it the full 30 days. But I recently decided to try again in November, so I would love to join you if it's alright that I'll be doing the regular 30DS DVD. :)
  • micmac327
    Options
    booooo my wal-mart doesn't have this dvd like I thought they did so i'm going to have to order it which means i'll be starting a few days late.

Better late than never! :) It's a great dvd - you'll love it!
  • micmac327
    Options

Because the title of this post is for JM 30 day Shred it with Weights. And well that only has 2 levels.

Normal shred has 3 levels. so 10 days on each level. It also uses 2 handweights, and not kettle bells.

I'm be in, but I love the program that I have set up for me at the moment. But might consider doing it in the new year.

I was going to ask this, actually. I wasn't sure whether "30 Day Shred It w/Weights" was a different workout or not! I have the regular 30 Day Shred DVD, and I have never managed to make it the full 30 days. But I recently decided to try again in November, so I would love to join you if it's alright that I'll be doing the regular 30DS DVD. :)

I don't think we should let it matter if people have the Shred w/ weights or not. Let's just all commit to doing the dvd for 30 days! Huge challenge in itself!!!:smooched:
  • micmac327
    Options

Let's not let it matter which dvd we have, let's just commit and support each other to doing it for 30 days! That's what my challenge is all about! 30 days! Yikes!
  • micmac327
    Options
    i plan to start november 8th... i am away on holiday til then haha
    can i join your group :-) i need the motivation to do it everyday ontop of all my other exercise.... i am hanging out to try it!

Aboslutely you can join the group! Have a great vacation! We'll be here for you when you get back.:smile:
  • micmac327
    Options
    I have the regular 30D Shred so if that's accepted I would love to join the challenge too. I was never able to stay disciplined with exercising so this is the perfect thing for me.
    If the OP would like to keep it strictly 30D Shred with Weights I suggest we start a new challenge for those that want to do the simple version. Would that be ok?

Absolutely you can join the group and do the 30 Shred without Weights. I just wanted to know there were people out there doing either JM dvd for the whole month of November! Either dvd will offer a great challenge! Welcome!!!!:smile:
  • cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I went to the doctor today and I'm cleared for exercise as long as I feel up to it!!! YAY! So excited!! I can start tomorrow with everyone!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Can I join?

I will go to get the DVD tonight at target. Saw it there last week & almost got it, but the back said it needs weights (Just the regular 30 day shred I am almost certain)

So, for those who have the weights, what do I need? 2 handweights of the same weight? Or will just 1 do? I see kettlebell as an option? or is that just for the shred with weights. Does it matter? Hand weights are really pricy, so hoping to get away with just 1. If so, what size do I need.
    PS. I am use to working with a 10 or 15 pound weight for upper body & 25 pound weight for lower body.
  • lpaulin1
    Options
    Great! I'll join too. I've been a member of this site for while, but this is the first time I've really explored the "community" tab. Do we actually get formed into a group or do I just have to search for this same post tomorrow to post weight, photo, etc? Also I don't have the DVD. It looks like you can buy it for online streaming on Amazon. Has anyone tried that? It would save me a trip to the store. Very excited though.
  • Moneicalynn
    Moneicalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Can I join?

I will go to get the DVD tonight at target. Saw it there last week & almost got it, but the back said it needs weights (Just the regular 30 day shred I am almost certain)

So, for those who have the weights, what do I need? 2 handweights of the same weight? Or will just 1 do? I see kettlebell as an option? or is that just for the shred with weights. Does it matter? Hand weights are really pricy, so hoping to get away with just 1. If so, what size do I need.
    PS. I am use to working with a 10 or 15 pound weight for upper body & 25 pound weight for lower body.

I am doing the 30 day shred-it with weights....You only need 1 hand weight.... I used an 8 lb weight :) but im sure you can use which ever you want too.....
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Let's start this tomorrow!! :D

Ready guys?!!?!