STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) WK 6

Options
Hello Ladies!

Alright ladies we are in the home stretch. November is our final month of the STARS challenge. The fire is burning with the new set up. Our mini-challenges are a success. Also, I have decided that there will be a grand prize of a E-CARD FROM MACYS.COM. The Challenge Biggest loser is the person who has lost the most cumulative weight over the whole challenge. Your starting weight, minus your final weigh-in. Now it's time to really step up your losing game.

If you haven't already done so, please check the “About Me” section of our Challenge page. Here you will find links to our "Rules and FAQ", our "weigh-in form" and "Team list" (also posted below).

Do not forget to participate in the Question of the Day (QOTD) on the thread below. NEW DATES HAVE BEEN POSTED ON THE UPDATED TEAM LIST (see below). This is a very important part of encouraging each other and also getting know other players. Please be sure to check here daily, including on weekends to answer the QOTD!

ALSO, ON YOUR NEW QOTD DATE, YOU WILL ALSO BE IN CHARGE TO POST A MINI-CHALLENGE OF THE DAY. EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MINI-CHALLENGE.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR EACH PERSON TO WEIGH-IN FOR EVERY WEEK. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WEIGH IN ON SATURDAY. JUST MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE SATURDAY DATE ON THE FORM FOR THE WEEK YOU ARE WEIGHING IN. Also ladies we are looking for one more player if anyone knows someone please in-box me directly.

Without further delay the moment. Below are our Biggest Losers.

Individual Winner -
GETITAMB 2.6 lbs for the PINK team

Team Winner - CONGRATULATIONS TO THE YELLOW TEAM FOR A TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS OF 6.9 LBS
2ND PLACE - BLUE TEAM W/ TOTAL LOSS OF 6.4 LBS
2ND PLACE - PINK TEAM W/ TOTAL LOSS 6.4 LBS

This week as a group we lost a total of 19.7 lbs. We have a 4 week total weight loss of 143.7lbs. AWESOME JOB LADIES :flowerforyou:

This week's BIGGEST LOSERS
RhondaleeRoss
mariahhatfield
Getitamb
DarleneMedeiros
MamaDee2
Gazer362
Tartz66
NaomiLyn15
sboo
MamaStricks
Clifford2010
WFortner
jnell82
kaesize6
mummy2steven

All winners deserve a huge shout out and virtual applauses. All individuals & team winners can add the winner trophy link on the profile page to their forum signature.

6298911148_0c6cd1f230_b.jpg
Team by starsnyc21, on Flickr

Replies

• MFPSTARSCHALLENGE
    Options
    New question posted by MamaDee

HAPPY H-A-L-L-O-W-E-E-N!!!!

Oct 31 QOTD: Do you celebrate Halloween? If so are you dressing up for the occasion? As what?
    What is YOUR favorite halloween candy? What kind did you buy to pass out the the goblins tonight?

Mini Challange: KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF THE CANDY DISH!! If you feel the temptation, do wall sits until your legs feel like jello and you canNOT walk to the candy dish! So no determined number to do or how long to hold just do as needed to get past the urge!!!

Yes we do celebrate - I was a clown for the halloween party at our chuch Saturday night. Probably will not dress up today.
    My favorite halloween candy is tootsie rolls - YUM!!! I got dum-dum pops for the church event and little bags of pretzels to give out tonight to the goblins.

Have fun and be safe!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all the losers, especially GETITAMB!
    Looking forward to another great week!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners, but especially to my awesome partner GETITAMB!!!!! You are amazing!!! And 143.7 lbs lost. That is an entire healthy adult woman that we have lost. You are all amazing, keep it up!!!

Oct 31 QOTD: Do you celebrate Halloween? If so are you dressing up for the occasion? As what?
    What is YOUR favorite halloween candy? What kind did you buy to pass out the the goblins tonight?

I don't really celebrate Halloween, I have actually never been trick or treating actually. But, we did have a party last year, and this year we went to a party on Saturday night. So, we did dress up both years. THis year I was Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's. It was such a fun outfit (my profile pic is a pic from Saturday night). My favorite halloween candy is candy corn. I know, so cliche, but it is my favorite. We did buy all mini bite size candy bars for the kids that will be coming by tonight. I am so excited to see all the cute costumes, but hate all the bloody scary ones. I get nervous when there are big kids at the door in scary costumes... I am pretty much the biggest wuss ever. :laugh:

I hope you all have a great day and a fun time tonight, whatever you are doing. :smile:

Great mini challenge - I am up for it. Luckily I am going to the gym before the kids arrive for candy, so it should be easy to say no (I don't like to sabotage my hard work)
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Congrats GETITAMB! Woot woot yellow!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

Well I do not really celebrate Halloween but I do enjoy the candy aspect of the holiday. My favorite halloween candy are Reese's cups. When I was a kid I use to trade all other candy for Reese's. Love them.

Hope everyone enjoys their day:wink:
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options

Usually I celebrate Halloween and dress up. This year has been really stressful at work so I just wore some fun earrings and called it good.

I prefer chocolate, but I am not a big candy person anyway so it's not a huge issue for me. We pass out the kinds my hubby likes since he is a candy guy.
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to everyone who worked hard this week!!! And especially a big WOOT WOOT to Getitiamb!!!! You are AWESOME girl..... YAY to the yellow team for taking home the trophy this week...

Lets ALL keep our hands out of the candy dish and have an even bigger loss this week..... WHOO HOO!!!

WE ARE ALL STRONG.... Have a great start to the new week :)
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Getitamb and all the biggest losers. Big shout out to the Yellow team. WOOHOO!!!:drinker: :laugh:

QOTD: Saturday Oct. 29th.
    We all have a "bucket list", what are the top 5 things on yours?

1) Lose weight
    2) Get married to the love of my life
    3) Be a mother, grandmother & great grandmother
    4) Travel the world - Africa, South America, Europe & Carribean
    5) Write a book about my family history

QOTD Sunday October 30- What has been your best NSV since you began your journey?

Fitting back into a size 18 dress. It's been a while so I was really excited.

Mini challenge- walk/run for at least 20 min :) I will be working on this.
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options

yes and no - we dont go all out for halloween with parties and things but my 13month old is dressed as dracula today!! so cute! my favourite halloween candy is haribo sweets! yum! and i have haribo and individual lollies for the trick or treaters tonight.

I cant believe our weight loss this week its amazing!!! well done to Getitamb - thats a fantastic loss!

Go Yellows!!
  • mariahhatfield
    Options

Yes, I celebrate and happen to love Halloween. It's so fun! I had my Halloween party on Friday night, and dressed up as Luigi. (Hopefully the picture will be up soon) I love any Wonka Candy. Sprees, taffy, Nerds, Sweettarts, etc. I also happen to love Butterfingers and Reese's.

I have assorted Wonka candy and fun-size chocolates (Baby Ruth, Original Hershey's, Butterfinger, etc.) to have my roommate pass out for tonight.
  • mariahhatfield
    Options
    Also, GREAT JOB YELLOW TEAM!

and Getitamb! Fantastic Loss!

Keep it up! We have all done such an amazing job!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    First off, Congratulations to the Yellow team and our biggest loser of the week, that is just aweome stuff! Congratulations to my partner WFortner for continually posting good numbers!

OK, Halloween is my second favorite Holiday of the year, so yes I dress up and have been known to have multiple costumes for the several parties I go to. This year, Since I am so close to my goal weight and am not getting any younger, I went all out as a biker chick, but looked more like Biker Barbie(lol)[profile picture for 1 day]! The outfit had the desired effect on my dear husband and we had a ball Saturday night at a couple of parties. For work, I'm a little more demure as a black rabbit!

My favorite halloween candy is twofold, anything carmel apple and candy corn, so when they came out with the carmel apple candy corn, they just about did me in.

Since we don't get many trick or treaters, I make sure to buy healthy stuff that we can munch on over the next couple of weeks. This year it's fruit snacks and teddy grahams.

Happy Halloween to everyone! Good luck with the mini challenge, but I had pre-designated the day as a free day, so I am going to enjoy it!
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    WTG Yellow Team! Congratulations Getitamb! Woohooooooooo!

I don't really celebrate Halloween. I am not dressing up. my favorite candy is those little tiny round .. SMARTIES... I think that's what they are called... the ones I use to pretend were pills when i was a kid. I bought chocolate and my family ate it... :( I may buy some more tonight... We will see.
  • 6eighteen11
    Options
    Way to go everyone!!

I had a Halloween party on Friday! I was a bumble bee and my husband was Justin Bieber :) My favorite candy as a kid (and still today) was Reeses. Tonight we're passing out a mix of Laffy Taffy, Sweet Tarts and Nerds. I'm so excited for my first Halloween passing out candy!

Oh, and as for the challenge, I plan on working out the second I get home so I'm less likely to dip into the candy bowl tonight ;)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    New question posted by MamaDee

HAPPY H-A-L-L-O-W-E-E-N!!!!

Mini Challange: KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF THE CANDY DISH!! If you feel the temptation, do wall sits until your legs feel like jello and you canNOT walk to the candy dish! So no determined number to do or how long to hold just do as needed to get past the urge!!!

We are excited that our new house will be getting trick or treaters this year (pretty sure anyway since several neighbors decorated) but we didn't prepare much. I bought a witch's hat since my coworkers all wanted to go as witches this year.

I don't know if I have a favorite candy - any candy was exciting since my family was very healthy and we never had soda or candy or other kinds of treats around the house.

This year we bought a mixture of reeses, reeses fast breaks, and some other chocolate mix. Basically anything my boyfriend and I thought sounded good. Hopefully we don't have a TON of it left around the house but I have pretty uch resigned myself to eating a lot of candy this week.

i am totally going to fail the mini challenge. I don't think I will get through a single day without any candy.
  • Tiffany517
    Tiffany517 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

yes we do celebrate halloween... last year i dressed up not this year, not feeling too confident lately... and my fave candy would be kit kat...lol and i'm taking the kids trick or treating...
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

I celebrated Halloween for years. Loved to dress up and decorate the yard and house for my son and the neighbor kids. He is grown now as are the others and we don't have any wee ones around here anymore. Guess I will have to wait on grandkids! No kiddies = no candy otherwise I and the hubby would just eat it all! I think my favorite are the mini snickers. Oh my I don't want to think about them too much!:devil:
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options

I celebrate Halloween per occasion. If there is a party to go to, are some reason I may dress up. I took the kids trick-or-treating last year it was there first and last for a while. They were 2yrs old. This was the kids first intruduction to candy. What a mistake. My youngest son C, asked for candy everyday for months until I just had to stop and tell him there is just no more candy in the house. I stopped buying it. So this year, we are just going to stay home. No dress up, no candy, and no temptations.

Love the mini challenge. I think I will be safe tonight.

Congrats to all the winners and losers. :flowerforyou:
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

First I want to say congrats to the yellow team!! Y'all are awesome!! Next, I want to say thank you to sll of you guys. You all are supersupportive and even though I forget to post sometimes, I do love it here.

I do celebrate Halloween but none of my friends ever want to dress up because we are all overweight. So I didn't get to dress up but maybe next year. My favorite cangy will forever be skittles whichh I stay away from because it is also my trigger food. I have to have some more self control before I start eating them again. This year I found the candies I hate the most. Dots, Raisins and Sugar Daddies. I will ave no problem with control because I can't stand any of them,
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners, but especially to my awesome partner GETITAMB!!!!! You are amazing!!! And 143.7 lbs lost. That is an entire healthy adult woman that we have lost. You are all amazing, keep it up!!!

I don't really celebrate Halloween, I have actually never been trick or treating actually. But, we did have a party last year, and this year we went to a party on Saturday night. So, we did dress up both years. THis year I was Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's. It was such a fun outfit (my profile pic is a pic from Saturday night). My favorite halloween candy is candy corn. I know, so cliche, but it is my favorite. We did buy all mini bite size candy bars for the kids that will be coming by tonight. I am so excited to see all the cute costumes, but hate all the bloody scary ones. I get nervous when there are big kids at the door in scary costumes... I am pretty much the biggest wuss ever. :laugh:

I hope you all have a great day and a fun time tonight, whatever you are doing. :smile:

Great mini challenge - I am up for it. Luckily I am going to the gym before the kids arrive for candy, so it should be easy to say no (I don't like to sabotage my hard work)

Thank you. You are an awesome partner as well.