STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) WK 6

Replies

• jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Whoop whoop go yellow team! and congrats getitlamb :)

Oct 31 QOTD: Do you celebrate Halloween? If so are you dressing up for the occasion? As what?
    What is YOUR favorite halloween candy? What kind did you buy to pass out the the goblins tonight?

We do celebtare Halloween, but no costume for me :( My daughters were a cheerleader and a pirate though :) We had 3 fun filled nights of trick or treating this year, but we did not pass anything out ourselves. We collect candy and donate it to the soldiers. My favorite Halloween candy is the chocolate :)

Challenge complete!!!
  • A BIG congrats to GETITAMB for being the biggest loser! BE PROUD! And congrats to the Yellow Team! Now let's get it back Team Blue!!!!!
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    QOTD: This is a DARE: I DARE YOU to tell us about a part of your body or something about you that you LIKE but never really tell anyone you like it! Then tell us Why!

Mini Challenge: I challenge you to send a private message to someone on MFP who has really inspired you. (I want to say to your partner but I don't have one, so it can be your partner (preferrably), or to someone else on MFP) Tell them about how they have inspired you to keep up with the program or to encourage others... Lift them up and give them positive encouraging words...

(Thank you GetitAmb for reminding me that today was my day to post a question and mini challenge) To everyone who is almost done with their day, I am really sorry for being late! Hugs to everyone! GO PINK TEAM GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

oh wait.. my answer:

I love my lips... giggle Guys always tell me how beautiful my lips are and I want to scream, "I KNOW RIGHT!" But I just blush and say thank you... giggle.... Ooops! I forgot to say why! I love the way my lips curve and how they look when I smile... or pout... They just seem so ... I don't know... kind of perfect... I can look at them and not see a flaw. Never have a complaint about my lips... AND they don't get bigger or smaller according to what I eat! Now HOW COOL IS THAT???? grin!

Mini challenge done after I press send... :)
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    QOTD Tuesday 11/1/11: This is a DARE: I DARE YOU to tell us about a part of your body or something about you that you LIKE but never really tell anyone you like it! Then tell us Why!

Hmmm..... I like my collar bone. Weird I know. But, I like the angles that it creates, and how I have never really gained enough weight for those angles to go away. I like how it is a little bit crooked. It makes me unique.

I will get on that challenge right now!!!
  • QOTD: This is a DARE: I DARE YOU to tell us about a part of your body or something about you that you LIKE but never really tell anyone you like it! Then tell us Why!

I actually really like my hands. My fingers are long, skinny, and my hands overall just look so feminine.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    QOTD: This is a DARE: I DARE YOU to tell us about a part of your body or something about you that you LIKE but never really tell anyone you like it! Then tell us Why!

Mini Challenge: I challenge you to send a private message to someone on MFP who has really inspired you. (I want to say to your partner but I don't have one, so it can be your partner (preferrably), or to someone else on MFP) Tell them about how they have inspired you to keep up with the program or to encourage others... Lift them up and give them positive encouraging

I really am starting to like my boobs. When I was bigger I hated them but as i lose weight, I like how they are perking up.
    And no problem, I had to be reminded a couple of days ago. Life happens.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464

This is a cool one, thanks!

I have had a hard time really committing to this answer...I would always say my eyes before because they have nothing to do with my body image. But now, after losing the weight that I have, and really looking at myself in the mirror a lot, I think I finally like my arms (yes bat wings and all) They are finally getting some definition and you know the whole extra skin is getting better as I work out. I have never been one to wear sleevelss shirts, but I hardly ever wear sleeves anymore and I am not as worried as I used to be.

Mini challene completed!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member

Mini Challenge: I challenge you to send a private message to someone on MFP who has really inspired you. (I want to say to your partner but I don't have one, so it can be your partner (preferrably), or to someone else on MFP) Tell them about how they have inspired you to keep up with the program or to encourage others... Lift them up and give them positive encouraging words...

(Thank you GetitAmb for reminding me that today was my day to post a question and mini challenge) To everyone who is almost done with their day, I am really sorry for being late! Hugs to everyone! GO PINK TEAM GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

oh wait.. my answer:

I love my lips... giggle Guys always tell me how beautiful my lips are and I want to scream, "I KNOW RIGHT!" But I just blush and say thank you... giggle.... Ooops! I forgot to say why! I love the way my lips curve and how they look when I smile... or pout... They just seem so ... I don't know... kind of perfect... I can look at them and not see a flaw. Never have a complaint about my lips... AND they don't get bigger or smaller according to what I eat! Now HOW COOL IS THAT???? grin!

Mini challenge done after I press send... :)

This is a cute question..lol. Thanks for posting:laugh:
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member

I love my curves. Especially my hips and my butt. Yep I gotta a J-lo,lo be-dunk a dunk....:laugh: :love: When I drop weight people notice. It's not to big but just nice and round.

Love the mini-challenge this week.
  • QOTD: This is a DARE: I DARE YOU to tell us about a part of your body or something about you that you LIKE but never really tell anyone you like it! Then tell us Why!

I love my calves. They have great definition!
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    QOTD: Tuesday, November 1, 2011 This is a DARE: I DARE YOU to tell us about a part of your body or something about you that you LIKE but never really tell anyone you like it! Then tell us Why!

My hands and my feet. They're long, slender and I never have any issues with them.
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    QOTD Tuesday 11/1/11: This is a DARE: I DARE YOU to tell us about a part of your body or something about you that you LIKE but never really tell anyone you like it! Then tell us Why!

I love my eyes. I like their shape, their color, and i love my eyelashes. My eyes are the only part of my body that I have been consistently fond of. They stay the way they are, and "having babies" didn't affect them in any way shape or form :) I love this question! Really gives us all a reason to compliment oursekves :)

Doing the challenge right now! :)
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    QOTD: Tuesday, November 1, 2011 This is a DARE: I DARE YOU to tell us about a part of your body or something about you that you LIKE but never really tell anyone you like it! Then tell us Why!

My shoulders - just the caps of my shoulders not down my arms. They have a nice shape.

Challenge complete. JNELL rocks!
  • QOTD Tuesday 11/1/11: This is a DARE: I DARE YOU to tell us about a part of your body or something about you that you LIKE but never really tell anyone you like it! Then tell us Why!

I would have to say my eyes; they are black and not many people have black eyes!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member

I love my curves. Especially my hips and my butt. Yep I gotta a J-lo,lo be-dunk a dunk....:laugh: :love: When I drop weight people notice. It's not to big but just nice and round.

Love the mini-challenge this week.

Jealous I am the only black girl I know without one. (sigh)
  • QOTD Tuesday 11/1/11: This is a DARE: I DARE YOU to tell us about a part of your body or something about you that you LIKE but never really tell anyone you like it! Then tell us Why!

The old me when respond with my smile because it is always pretty at any weight! But I the new me wants to celebrate the small things. So....I'm going with my latissimus dorci muscle (aka the muscle under your armpits!!) It's really strong! When I'm doing lateral raises and looking in the mirror, I feel strong and lean!

BTW, I'm having a great day! Since the challenge started, I've haven't lost any weight, actually I've gained 2 lbs. BUT...I haven't quit...my pants fit more comfortably...my hubby things I've lost weight...and I feel better about myself when I look in the mirror! I CAN DO THIS....YOU CAN TOO!!

I like my hands. No matter how much weight I've gained, my fingers have always seemed thin and feminine, and my teeny tiny size 5 rings all still fit :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member

Hmmm I am generally pretty open about what I like. I guess I'm pretty happy with my butt right now and haven't really talked about it. Its not a great butt (flat asian butt) but its in good shape right now (SQUATS!) so it looks pretty fit and toned.
  • QOTD - Wednesday, Nov 2:

Okay, so I hope it's okay but I'm stepping in for LEGACYSH as she is on her way to Vegas and we need a QOTD for today. So here it goes:

What is 1 of your proudest moments as a parent (one for each child if you wish); and if you're not a parent name one of your proudest moments regarding yourself!

My daughter (Sasha) wanted to quit school in Grade 10; she just hated it and was angry ALL THE TIME! With a lot of hard work and major support from her vice principal she not only stuck it out, she ended up winning the "Vice Prinicipal's Award for Most Improved Student". I was so proud of her, and still am to this day!

At my son's (Tyler) grade 8 graduation the very last award they handed out was the most important of all. It was the Ontario (that is the province I live in) Principal's Student Leadership Award. And when they called out my sons name I was in total shock (I even yelled out "WHAT!?!?!") It brought tears to my eyes and to this day he is still a young man I am very proud of that does set a great example for all.

NOW for your mini-challenge. Go home tonight and give your kids (or yourself if you don't have kids) 3 compliments (and mean them) & tell them just how much you love them.

Sure this QOTD and Challenge it's a little mushy but we all need a little "mush" once in a while!

Can't wait to read all of your answers!

Have a great day!
    Rhonda
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Sorry I didn't get this posted before someone posted for me (Thank you Rhonda)! I was uber focused on getting my last minute work done and forgot!

What is 1 of your proudest moments as a parent (one for each child if you wish); and if you're not a parent name one of your proudest moments regarding yourself!

This is hard as I have a strained relationship with my only child after I got divorced from his father. He is the most unique, strongwilled and artistic child that I know and that's not just the mom in me. Because he is unique he does not let anyone influence him in any way. He is a straight arrow who never drank, smoked or did drugs despite his friends influences and he waited till he got married to engage in an intimate relationship (so totally not the norm in California). He tested out of school at 16 and began college/work. He has done movies, and toured on the warped tour with his band, and is still very grounded and spiritual. I think the thing that makes me the proudest is that he knows who he is inside and out, and without a doubt does not cave for anyone, not even me!

Thanks for the mushy questions (as she wipes away a tiny tear)! It's hard sometimes to appreciate how great they are when they drive you crazy!