STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) WK 6

Options

Replies

• MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    QOTD - Wednesday, Nov 2

What is 1 of your proudest moments as a parent (one for each child if you wish); and if you're not a parent name one of your proudest moments regarding yourself!

NOW for your mini-challenge. Go home tonight and give your kids (or yourself if you don't have kids) 3 compliments (and mean them) & tell them just how much you love them.
    My daughter Amanda finished her masters with a 4.0 while pregnant and giving birth to the sweetest baby boy ever 2 months before graduation
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    What is 1 of your proudest moments as a parent (one for each child if you wish); and if you're not a parent name one of your proudest moments regarding yourself!

I worked at a camp called Camp Sugarpine in 2010. We had these teens that worked there called. CITs . They were counselors in training. At the end of the summer, they were able to pick onew counselor that really inspired them to be better and made camp bearable and one of the girls picked me. That was the moment I first realized that I could inspire people, especially myself. That is where my journey began.
  • MamaStrick
    Options

Well, my since my little one is 11 months, I'll do one where I was proud of both of us. ;)
    We had a lot of trouble breastfeeding in the beginning (my son didn't know how to suck when he was born) and we had to use a nipple shield. I had surgery 3 weeks postpartum, and lost my supply. I worked very hard to bring it back, but still had to use the shield. One day we were out and I couldn't find it, so baby boy had no choice but to latch without it. And he did! Latched right on and ate. I was so, so proud of us both for overcoming what we did. :)
  • mariahhatfield
    Options
    11/02/11 - QOTD

Well, I'm not a parent, although I can't wait to be! I would have to say that my proudest moment for myself is when I was recruited for an NCAA Division 1 Bowling team in the Northeast.
  • 6eighteen11
    Options
    11/02/11 - QOTD

Well, I'm not a parent, so I guess my proudest moment for myself is getting the job I currently have. It is exactly in line with what I went to college for, and I wanted the job sooooooooo bad. I was thrilled when I got an interview, but not expecting much after I found out they had lots of interviews lined up/already completed. I was so surprised and excited when I got the job offer, I called all my friends and family right away. I got to move my then-fiance and I out of a town I hated and signed the paperwork for my first ever annual salary and benefits package :)
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday Nov. 2- What is 1 of your proudest moments as a parent (one for each child if you wish); and if you're not a parent name one of your proudest moments regarding yourself!

This is hard! I am proud of my kids everyday!

My proudest day of my 7 year old was when I surprised her one day at school, I came to have lunch with her and she was sitting alone with a boy in a wheelchair. i thought it was a bit weird only because she is very social (she gets "in trouble" for talking all the time) and she is usually around a bunch of kids. Anyway, I ate lunch with her and this boy and went back to work. After work that day she was telling me how much she liked me surprising her at lunch and asked if I liked the boy we sat with. I said yes of course. She then told me about how she was sitting with her friends when she saw he was sitting all alone and other kids were making fun of him so she sat with him! She said i dont know why they made fun of him, he is nice. :) They are pretty good friends now and I love it!

My 4 year old amazes me everyday just like my oldest. One day we were wlaking around Wal Mart and came across a little girl crying (about the same age as my youngest) She said she couldn't find her Mom :( As we were walking to the front counter, Emma held the little girl's hand and kept saying "Its going to be alright. We will find your Mommy." About brought me to tears! So many things going through my mind at that time!
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    QOTD: This is a DARE: I DARE YOU to tell us about a part of your body or something about you that you LIKE but never really tell anyone you like it! Then tell us Why!

I guess, I would have to say my dimples. I never said that to anyone, but I think they are cute. Especially since I lost a little weight they are clearer. Love them; they just really compliment my smile.
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Nice, mini challenge. Done.
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    I LOVE all the proud moments from everyone. Brings a smile to your face and a tear to your eye!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday 11/2/11: What is 1 of your proudest moments as a parent (one for each child if you wish); and if you're not a parent name one of your proudest moments regarding yourself!

Well, I am not a parent, so no proud parent moments for me. I am not sure of any moments that I have been proud of myself.... but I think that I was really pleased when I got my current job. It was a really big step up from my prior job, and it is for a really big company. Since I got the job I have moved up even more and become the expert in what I do. That makes me proud. I like to know that people come to me to answer questions and solve problems that they aren't able to do themselves.
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options
    11/02/11 - QOTD What is 1 of your proudest moments as a parent (one for each child if you wish); and if you're not a parent name one of your proudest moments regarding yourself!

Non-Parent here - Believing my husband when he tells me I'm beautiful and that he loves me just the way I am. No one else's opinions matter but his and it changed me completely when I started believing him.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    11/02/11 - QOTD What is 1 of your proudest moments as a parent (one for each child if you wish); and if you're not a parent name one of your proudest moments regarding yourself!

Hi Ladies,

I am a non-parent so my proudest moment to date is graduating from college, also moving to New York City.
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Parent here: i guess my proudest moment with my son would be all his little milestones - stiining up, crawling, walking - he is only 13 months so this is everything really! lol.
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    11/3/11-QOTD: What part of your body do you struggle with the VERY most....you know the part I am talking about...the one that is always the very last to show improvement...the one you have the mental battle about all the time...saying "its never going to change...argghh" AND......what are you trying (and/or have tried) to improve it????

Mine is without a doubt my mid section. My two youngest children are only 10 months apart. When I was expecting my youngest, I think my stomach began to show VERY fast...because the skin was so loose still. It has been my NEMESIS for 10 years now. Sometimes I feel like I have tried EVERYthing to get it back into shape!! But, honestly since I have started my MFP journey I have done a lot of soul searching through all the QOTDs, comments, success stories, encouragement, etc and have come to this difficult conclusion......

I really gave up before there was enough time for a change. No excuses anymore. I have to be honest with myself. I just plain gave up....got tired.... But this time.....its different. I really feel like for ONCE.....ONCE I say....I am going to get ride of my "baby belly". The stretch marks may still be there, but my tummy is getting toned up....and going to stay that way.

Starting today....I am going to focus MUCH MORE on my ab workouts!!! Thanks to all of you for helping realize this about myself!!! I love you all :)
  • Wfortner
    Options
    My calves and down to my ankles/feet....I have always thought they were very sexy...lol...:blushing:
  • Wfortner
    Options
    1/02/11 - QOTD What is 1 of your proudest moments as a parent (one for each child if you wish); and if you're not a parent name one of your proudest moments regarding yourself!

Hmmm...this one is so tough...its hard for me to pick out just ONE thing.....Let me try...

Chris....(oldest)....seeing him finally get himself together, work a good job and marry the girl he loves!!

Brandy....(next oldest)....to see her walk across the stage and graduate high school...it was such a difficult journey for lots of people that said they loved her turned around and said "she'll never do it"...but she DID!!!

James..(middle son)...He will be 18 very soon and he recently made the decision to homeschool with his younger siblings...since that decision he has improved so much; he will be graduating 6mths earlier and will be headed off to basic training for the Army!!

Hailey (youngest daughter)....Well, the most amazing thing about her, has been watching her bloom. She is 11 and has always been SO VERY SHY. Over the last 3 years, she has totally come out of her shell...she now signs solos at church....competes in bible competition...and even leads prayer....I am so proud!

Zach....(my "baby")...well.....he is still kinda young but he has a HUGE heart. Everyday he finds a way to put someone else first. I hope he stays that way for all his life!!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    11/3/11-QOTD: What part of your body do you struggle with the VERY most....you know the part I am talking about...the one that is always the very last to show improvement...the one you have the mental battle about all the time...saying "its never going to change...argghh" AND......what are you trying (and/or have tried) to improve it????

When I was younger it was my thighs for sure, but walking, lunges, and squats have totally changed the way that looks.
    Now its my belly - I feel like almost ALL my remaining weight is on my belly. Its certainly the last to go.

I already do exercises for my core and abs so there's nothing I can do but wait to lose that fat.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    QOTD: This is a DARE: I DARE YOU to tell us about a part of your body or something about you that you LIKE but never really tell anyone you like it! Then tell us Why!

I LOVE my legs. They are short (i am only 5'2") and 50 something but my legs are still muscular and well kids.......they are hot! All my extra luggage is above the hip bone. My legs are firm, cellulite free and dare I say it ............amazing:)

Mini Challenge: I challenge you to send a private message to someone on MFP who has really inspired you. (I want to say to your partner but I don't have one, so it can be your partner (preferrably), or to someone else on MFP) Tell them about how they have inspired you to keep up with the program or to encourage others... Lift them up and give them positive encouraging

Easy Peasy:)
  • KatrinaG2012
    Options

My dang ole big flipping belly. I have tried all of the things that are suppose to work on that area. I suspect a cortisol problem as I am under immense pressure and have been for the last 15 years. Don't really show it outwardly but internalize it. I am trying to learn how to manage that better.
  • KatrinaG2012
    Options

My stepson is an ever present joy to me. He works for us and has for the last 5 years. I am really proud that customers are always telling us what a fine young man he is. Of course we know this but it is always nice to hear it from others.