Home Wrecker!!!

Options

Replies

• LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I was that wife! I had a perfectly wonderful marriage. Two kids, house, everyone in the neighborhood referred to us as "The Cleavers" and then 20 years later.....SHE showed up. The younger girl on the other end of the computer (he is a gamer). He walked out on us for her 4 years ago and has never looked back.

The hurt THEY caused is almost irrepairable (almost). The kids were devastated ( and they're teenagers). They are still angry at him and the relationship between my husband and his sons is broken, maybe forever. They don't like her at all. I have no respect for her, but deal with her because I have to.

Please have some respect for the wife, the family and most importantly yourself.....walk away.

If, down the road, they divorce. That is when it is appropriate for him to come looking for you. You should NOT be his reason to leave.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    If he really likes you so much he will seek you out after his divorce.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    see that door?? run for it, and dont look back! from experience (this is while htey were separated or going through a divorce) DO NOT get involved unless he is A L O N E meaning no wifey attachments. because you will be just that, a homewrecker, do you want to have a Scarlett letter on your forehead? just stand your ground, not until he's completely separated!!! NO STRINGS ATTACHED!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said. Leave it alone.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Do you really need to ask?? Married with three kids.........maybe when he's divorced with three kids.

Thank you for saying it nicer than I would have.
  • erinrose07
    Options
    Tell him that you're not getting involved whatsoever until divorce papers are in process. You'll only cause yourself and a whole lot of other people heartache. Plus, you should make him man up and be honorable about his marriage and you. If he really wants a relationship with you, he will do what's necessary before hurting anyone.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    wow.. thanks for the multitude of responses.. in my heart i knew the answer before i even posted this but hearing it from everyone else makes it real.. getting swept away in memories of the past kind of blasted away my self-respect... thanks for bringing me back to earth everyone!

good decision. I agree with what's been posted...stay away. I can think of a lot more negatives that would result than positives. One negative I didn't see mentioned (though I didn't read everything) is ... what if his wife is the vengeful type? is he really worth a woman coming after you the rest of your life? I also point out that things have changed since you last knew this guy....although he may sound great on the web/phone/text/whatever, who knows what he's really like in real life. I'm a divorce attorney...I can tell you I've see a lot of these "dialogues" that sound like "pie in the sky greatness", only to watch how they crumble.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Run, don't walk.

Its bad kharma for sure. If he leaves his wife and you want to date him then...do it, but wait till he's free & clear!
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this could end bad in many different ways. If he gets divorced, fine, date him. But you don't want to be the reason he leaves his wife. Even if we were to take her and the kids out of the equation, if his feelings for you are real, then he should do right by you, man up, end the bad relationship on his own with a clean break, not a messy affair that will damage everyone.

Problems with spouses are that you are so used to them that the grass is always greener on the other side, you might not be as compatible as you think and he will of sacrificed a marriage for nothing.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Isn't this a plot line in Waiting to Exhale?
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Definitely walk away...you say you "Don't want to lose him again" but he's married....so you don't have him. get away from him, no matter what the STATE of his marriage, he's still married.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Do not listen to these people that are telling you to walk away. The smart thing to do is go to his house, knock on his door, and tell his wife what your intentions are...all while he is standing there with the three children. If you make it through that, then come back and let us know how that worked for you.
  • SexyChicWannaB
    Options
    Do not listen to these people that are telling you to walk away. The smart thing to do is go to his house, knock on his door, and tell his wife what your intentions are...all while he is standing there with the three children. If you make it through that, then come back and let us know how that worked for you.

i am soooooo trying this!!! lol - - thanks for the reality check!
  • SexyChicWannaB
    Options
    oops
  • SexyChicWannaB
    Options
    posted three times accidentally
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Better hope his wife is nothing like me.
    I would hunt you down and cut your throat.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options

I love you !! This is exactly what I did and now he is with me and I am wishing I would have walked away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

I think your reality check just bounced - Non-Sufficient Funds(NSF).
  • SexyChicWannaB
    Options

I love you !! This is exactly what I did and now he is with me and I am wishing I would have walked away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol good point!!! what do i know - - it's been like 10 years since i actually knew the guy.. he could be completely psycho by now!! Thanks MFPer's!! Consider me walked away!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Well since this post she has deactivated her account. She didn't get the response she wanted I guess. :(